[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

I'm currently playing Starcraft 2, The campaign was pretty sweet and now I am stuck having to wait 18 months for the expansion pack. Thankfully Reach comes out really soon and that will soak up sometime.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Liara DLC for ME2 and Morrigan DLC for Dragon Age next week. Sadly I'm away, but no prizes for guessing what I'll be obtaining when I get back!

Also, I'm getting increasingly excited about Arkham City. It's sounding better and better every time I hear news.

-GB
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Caved in and bought Animal Crossing on DS a few weeks ago. It's so oddly addictive.

I loved it on the Gamecube and it seems to take popular video game elements and blend them into this cutesy animal town to the point where it feels like I'm playing Diablo with bunnies.

Kind of...

but its relaxing. Whereas Diablo just shit me up.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Auntie Slag wrote:Caved in and bought Animal Crossing on DS a few weeks ago. It's so oddly addictive.

I loved it on the Gamecube and it seems to take popular video game elements and blend them into this cutesy animal town to the point where it feels like I'm playing Diablo with bunnies.

Kind of...

but its relaxing. Whereas Diablo just shit me up.
I imported the US Gamecube version because I didn't want to wait 2 years for a European release. It is great though and so is the DS version, I used to play it non stop but I go back to my town now and then. Want to trade friend codes so I can update my store to Nookingtons?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

That would be cool, but my internet connection is on a shared hub that won't let the DS in due to WPA restrictions or some such. I tried it before when I wanted to go on-line in Advance Wars with a friend.

The shared connection owners won't reduce the level of security to let the DS in because they're paranoid about their on-line banking and whatnot. Trying to convince set-in-their-ways humans in one of the hardest tasks.

Its a shame because I want different types of fruit tree in my town.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Currently downloading the trial version of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero on the X360, will probably buy the full version when I have the points to do so, will also get the Zombrex edition of Dead Rising 2 on X360 and the limited edition of Halo: Reach this month. I am also debating whether to get Metroid: Other M this month or wait for it to go down in price.
Destruction is my specialty
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Auntie Slag wrote: Its a shame because I want different types of fruit tree in my town.
I is got loads yeah.

also this! http://gunshowcomic.com/98
Sades

Post by Sades »

I wanted the same thing. I tried planting coconuts, but they never grow.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Sades wrote:I wanted the same thing. I tried planting coconuts, but they never grow.
Care to sample the delights of my coconut farm?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Just bought Halo Reach. Got the limited edition, free $20 Gift Card, free hat and free poster.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I too have just bought the limited edition of Halo: Reach, and, man, does it come with a lot of in-universe paperwork.
Will also be getting either Dead Rising 2 or Metroid: Other M next week depending on when DR 2 is to be released.
While I'm waiting for DR 2 I will be getting some stuff done in the first DR namely unlocking the Real Megaman Buster, killing the psychopaths and finishing overtime mode and whatever other achievements come from all that.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

I'm gonna buy Reach as well sometime soon
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Had some spare time this weekend (and not enough money yet for a 360 & game) so I downloaded ActRaiser on the Virtual Console. Not a bad game for something from the early '90s. I like the mix of short platforming/action bits and simulation. Plus the music is great!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker (Xbox 360)
Dragon Age Origins-Witch Hunt (Xbox 360 and PS3)
Fallout 3: Broken Steel (PS3)
Fallout 3: The Pitt (PS3)
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Damn computer. Sorry double post
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Unlocked, and completed, the full version of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, also bought Dead Rising 2 Zombrex edition as well as Mertroid: Other M.
Now I just have to go through the Metroid Prime Trilogy and beat them and as well as Iron Man 2 before I can get through any new games.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
I just beat it tonight on veteran difficulty. Some of the best DLC I've played so far on a 360 game. Right up there with Borderlands DLC.

I bought Halo: Reach as well. Beat the legendary solo campaign and man, was it tough! So glad I got that achievement done!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished Halo: Reach earlier in the week, got Medal Of Honor Limited Edition (PS3) yesterday and having beaten Metroid Prime a feew days back, probably won't bother with the next two Primes for a while, if ever, going by just how bored I was from the first one and may just play Other M instead. I am also now playing Pokemon Platinum, so I can get that done and play Soul Silver.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Collector's Edition on Wednesday.That's all until next week.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Won a nice eBay auction last week. I got Windwaker, Zelda: Four Swords, Bloodrayne, Mario Golf, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Starfox Adventures all for about $25 shipped. Just the discs, but that's what really matters.

When I read Gamespot's review of Melee, I wasn't sure what they meant by calling the game "spastic". Now I know! I can't think of a better word to describe it.