[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Also ganon587 incase u dont get the pm theres something funky with live lately ive lost 3 friends in 2 weeks was thinkin they were just removing me but since i know u didnt i should probly contact them to make sure but just send me another friend request and ill accepet asap. Whould send u one but im not home atm and im using gamestops wifi and my vita to do this. wont b back untill 1 or so if i dont get one by then ill send you one. And sorry for the double post people.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Finally. Finally. Finally I bought Batman Arkham Asylum. :clap: My first game purchase in two years since TF WFC. Don't even remember when was the last time I posted here saying I want to buy this game. Didn't play last night. Only took out and charged my PS3 controller (that's a good start). Really need to squeeze out my time. Hopefully this game won't be like some of my unopened TFs in the closet waiting for their time to get open.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I downloaded Resident Evil 5 Gold on the PS3 (it was free to PS Plus subscribers), I haven't played it yet. I'm still playing Mass Effect 3 on the Xbox 360. I can't wait for the Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Also ganon587 incase u dont get the pm theres something funky with live lately ive lost 3 friends in 2 weeks was thinkin they were just removing me but since i know u didnt i should probly contact them to make sure but just send me another friend request and ill accepet asap. Whould send u one but im not home atm and im using gamestops wifi and my vita to do this. wont b back untill 1 or so if i dont get one by then ill send you one. And sorry for the double post people.
No prob. Sent you a new request last night.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:I downloaded Resident Evil 5 Gold on the PS3 (it was free to PS Plus subscribers), I haven't played it yet. I'm still playing Mass Effect 3 on the Xbox 360. I can't wait for the Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC.
RE5 is a decent game, the extra missions can even be quite challenging.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Paul053 wrote:Finally. Finally. Finally I bought Batman Arkham Asylum. :clap: My first game purchase in two years since TF WFC. Don't even remember when was the last time I posted here saying I want to buy this game. Didn't play last night. Only took out and charged my PS3 controller (that's a good start). Really need to squeeze out my time. Hopefully this game won't be like some of my unopened TFs in the closet waiting for their time to get open.
The Arkham games deserve time. they're amongst my favourite games of all time.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Ok ive beat halo 4 twice played tons on multiplayer and im hooked on spartan ops. I can say without a hesitation that this is by far the BEST halo gameever if not the best 360 game ever!
Wont spoil anything but 343 did things bungie never had the stones to do. And they by far top anything bungie EVER did!!! Thank you 343 you gave us the halo game weve always wanted!
I've been enjoying Halo 4 tons, as well. There's just too much to do in there, with the Campaign, Spartan Ops, and all the multiplyayer. I think I'm addicted to the Regicide mode!

The campaign so far has been fantastic; I'm only on Chapter 5. The graphics have gotten a much needed overhaul from previous entries, and the CGI movie cutscenes are by far some of the best looking vids I've ever seen in a game. Facial gestures are outstanding!

Spartan Ops is a nice little addition to the campaign mode. The short missions are done well, and I'm glad it's a free download every week. I'm also glad that DLC in an FPS game is finally geared towards solo play or 2-player co-op for a change, and not just MP map packs.

Well done, 343... well done.
angloconvoy wrote:The Arkham games deserve time. they're amongst my favourite games of all time.
I used to own Arkham Asylum for the 360 and sold it for trade. Arkham City I borrowed from a friend and played through; I thoroughly enjoyed both games too. I'm toying with getting Arkham Asylum GOTY edition for the PS3, but I think that one will wait a long while since I have tons of other games stacked up that need attention.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

After beating Black ops 2 all i can say is... Wow! Treyarch really showed us what they can do! It no longer feels like a Bay movie with constant explosions and big set peices. Its story is deep and has a build, climax and ending very similar to Noland films like the dark knight, probably because they were wrote by the same guy! Never in my life did i think id have time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak, in a call of duty game. And your choices in game DO matter when it comes to the ending, and in major ways. its not quite as good as the storytelling in say halo but its a step in the right direction!! And a welcome change. On the multiplayer side things are more of the same but the changes they have made change things up so well it feel brand new to me. All weapons are surprisingly balanced and i have yet to find anything at all that is overpowered. And as for zombies mode, its where ive been spending most of my time. Was never really into zombies but tranzit has me hooked i spend 2 hours today just exploring the world. Its so packed with content it couldve been a stand alone game! You really get your moneys worth with this one. The story runs 10-12 hrs, multiplayer is revapmed and better than ever, and zombies is an experience unto itself. Whats not to like? I whould strongly recommed this game to anyone, COD fan or not its a AAA title that should not b missed by anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition (with a black COD cap and I logo shirt) and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection.
Destruction is my specialty
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Had some free Microsoft points, so I downloaded Bastion while it's half-off. This was kind of a whim purchase, but I've heard it's really good, and I like Action/Adventure RPGs. Looking forward to it when I get through some of the other titles I have stacked up (just finished the Halo 4 campaign... making progress!!!)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Auntie Slag wrote:The WiiU is an HD console and it will be able to play all your Wii games. Does this mean it will be able to upscale them in some way? I've not read anything about it yet.

I know you can't buy an HDMI for the Wii because it's not hi-def, and a composite is the only option which I guess is somewhere between Scart and HDMI. I bought a composite cable for my PS2 last year, and it just made the games look too um... jaggedy and forced. I preferred the smoother scart output to a standard definition TV. Does composite on a Wii produce similar results to what I saw with the PS2?

I know it's a lame question, but I don't think I've ever seen a Wii hooked up in a shop to a big HDTV.
Just saw this on IGN. It really helps to tell the difference if you can stream HD. At lower res you can't tell the difference at all. And they stupidly used Skyward Sword as an example, which has an art style that caters to a more SD display. Would have been better if they used Galaxy 2:

Wii Upscale Video
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

angloconvoy wrote:The Arkham games deserve time. they're amongst my favourite games of all time.
Indeed.

Now I'm not afraid of spoiling anybody since this game has been released long. "Cool! There is a bat cave underneath Arkham."
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Amazon had some good deals going. I got Arkham City GOTY for $20, Skyrim for $25, and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for $20. I had intrafamily credit (permission) to get two games, which means one of those will be a Christmas present. I reckon my family would like to give me Skyrim.

I was tempted by Starcraft II for $20, but didn't want to push my luck. And I've already got a heck of a backlog of games to work through, so I'm sure it'll be cheapish again by the time I'm "needing" something again.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Notabot wrote:I was tempted by Starcraft II for $20, but didn't want to push my luck. And I've already got a heck of a backlog of games to work through, so I'm sure it'll be cheapish again by the time I'm "needing" something again.
Opportunity missed :(

Starcraft 2 is one of the best story-led RTS games I've played. I don't often rush home to play games at all anymore but when I was playing SC2 all I wanted to do was play the next mission.

Just a shame that Heart of the Swarm has been delayed til 2013 :(
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I finished playing the Walking Dead. First time I've ever welled up over a video game.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I bought a pre-owned copy of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
Destruction is my specialty
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Tekken Tag Tournament 2, or as I like to call it, ttttttttttttttt.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

HeavyArms wrote:I bought a pre-owned copy of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
What do you think of it? I had never played the original except for about 30 mins or so with a buddy of mine back when it was released. I enjoyed the Anniversary edition, but it did feel really dated, HD skin and all.

Overall though, I think this is a fantastic way to do HD remakes of old games; most of the time they're the same game just modded to fit HD resolution. Having the old engine run the game and the Reach engine doing the HD graphics is smart, IMO.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC for Xbox 360 and PS3.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Got my Wii U! Super duper excited

Done the update, sorted my Mii etc, transferred all the data from my Wii across absolutely loved the little video with the Pikmin, especially the purple one who nearly gets left behind, resigns himself to his fate and is saved at the last minute and sat down to finally play a game . . . now waiting for another update on nintendoland. fml

and still waiting for the shop to get any copies of Zombi U or Batman
I like bears.