Do you people even know where the "report post" function is?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think you'll find I'm picking a fight with the girl who isn't on staff, not the bloke who is. I'm brave like that :p
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Wow, I've never actually seen any of THAT kind of spam on these forums, so you know, you guys are doing a decent job as far as I'm concerned.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I don't report spam posts. I just deal with them.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

CounterPunch wrote:Wow, I've never actually seen any of THAT kind of spam on these forums, so you know, you guys are doing a decent job as far as I'm concerned.
Same here, when ever I am on, there doesn't seem to be any type of spam being posted. I'll report any if I ever see some.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

I wasn't aware that reporting spam was a pre-requisit of being a forum member. might want to put that in the terms and conditions. or just make us all moderators.

Either way, I'll be sure to not bother keeping the site in an open tab anymore, just to make sure i'm not online when it happens again, and thus blamed for allowing it to happen.

plus it'll keep your bandwidth fractionally lower. so a win-wn all round.

*signs out*
Sades

Post by Sades »

borg72 wrote:or just make us all moderators.
In a way, you are... you're all moderators, large and in charge of your own actions. If you moderate your own behaviour and are considerate of other people, you make the messageboard a pleasant and lemon-smelling place that everyone will enjoy visiting!

borg72 wrote:Either way, I'll be sure to not bother keeping the site in an open tab anymore, just to make sure i'm not online when it happens again, and thus blamed for allowing it to happen.

plus it'll keep your bandwidth fractionally lower. so a win-wn all round.

*signs out*
Miiiiyow. I like the "Signs out" at the bottom, it shows just how serious he is about what he says. :)

But seriously- that was a pretty random bit of angst, dude. Who pissed in your cereal?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Raze wrote:got bored with the 1 minute wait between reports.
Yeah, the 60-second limit is attached to all forum functions that send email, not just post reports; it's designed to limit someone setting up an account to stuff spam into the forms. As Tom says, one report of an account'll get someone's attention anyway. Cheers.
borg72 wrote:*signs out*
*waves*

I'm still no closer to understanding people after all these years.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

borg72 wrote:I wasn't aware that reporting spam was a pre-requisit of being a forum member.
Not a pre-requisite, but simply the fact that if we want the forum to run nice and smooth then really, we all have to chip in and help out when we can. As I said, I've never really noticed any of that kind of spam, but in future if I do, I'll report away, only takes a few seconds after all.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Its happening again.
Just reported one.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.