The Top 10 Most Lied-About-Having-Seen Films

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I love the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, hated Signs for the reasons stated and guessed the ending of The Village from the trailer and thus didn't bother with it. He's apparently gone down hill from there.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:It's about the only Coen Brothers film I have much time for - find most of their other stuff too self-consciously 'offbeat' and kinda twee.
The awesome Crossing aside, I really like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, The Man Who Wasn't There (admittedly just because Scarlet's in it) and No Country For Old Men.

All the others I have to be in a really specific frame of mind to be able to watch. Though I've never attempted Intolerable Cruelty or their version of the Ladykillers... don't really plan to either.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

The Hudsucker Proxy was great. I got turned off after Fargo once they started using swear words for commas in their scripts. I don't mind language when it furthers the scene, but it's just so over the top in a lot of their recent stuff.

I really liked Signs, Sixth Sense, and Unbreakable. The Village was pretty good too. He just starting trying too hard to make The Twist once he became known for it. Lady in the Water is miserable. I was watching it on DVD and got up to get a snack. I went to pause the movie, then realized that would just make it last longer, so let it run while I was in the kitchen.