What're you listening to recently? Liking Rammstein's latest...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyyOsbFnCU

Lesbians pretending to be puppets. A singer who seems to think she's in a proper video. Ade Edmondson.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Cliffjumper wrote:Lesbians pretending to be puppets.
Oh, I love them! I saw them two days ago at the Old One Eye pub and grill. /poodles

The music store I worked at briefly played shitty music. I've been listening to a lot of Christmas carols as well lately, but that's only because I'm gearing up for my big holiday "bake-a-thon" and the only thing I listen to during it is holiday and holiday-inspired tunes. It kind of keeps me motivated. I make a shitload of gingerbread and stuff for everyone who will allow me to give it to them.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Pardon the double post:

Having just watched Bad Romance and then having watched this, I have decided that absolutely no one looks good next to Beyonce (I'll save you the pain I went through- 3:35). Regarding the latter vid... I dig Lady Gaga's bad imitation of a cleaner version of Christina Aguilera circa "Dirrrty", but... no. Just no.

Beyonce is hot shit, but this video sucks.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Sades wrote: Having just watched Bad Romance and then having watched this, I have decided that absolutely no one looks good next to Beyonce
Yeah I came to the exact same revelation/conclusion a few days ago when I did the exact same thing as you, watched the videos back to back to see what all the fuss was. Strangely enough when I saw Gaga next to Madonna on Saturday Night Live a few months ago, I did not come to a similar conclusion. This now makes me want to see Beyonce and Madonna side by side in a video.... :lol:
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think I meant Lovegame actually. Bad Romance is full of fail, except for the shoes at 3:06.

Yup. pretty much done with Lady Gaga now I think.

(Ignore the shitty karaoke crap, this song is pretty.)

Yayyyy I did not even know this album was out (or existed) until last night when randomly looking at the yootoobs. *clapclapclap*

Starsailor=lovely.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Mmm. Starsailor good.
Ackula wrote:To be perfectly honest, me too. I liked her first album pretty decently, but the new one is really much better as it has a darker edge to it.
He's released a new album? Or do you just mean the old one, repackaged with some extra tracks as is increasingly common practise nowadays?

I can't find any Terris on Youtube, so have some of the artists formerly known as Fear of Flying:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Halfshell wrote:Mmm. Starsailor good.
Oh yes. It's already all about Neon Sky for me. I've already been back to listen to all three at least twice. I might possibly need this album.

I forgot! You might give a shit about this btw, I don't know. If not, whatever, but I was SO happy when I found out about it and dug it up not too long ago. I missed relatively new material from Jeff Martin muchly- sounds almost like the Tea Party as well... kind of pre-Transmission, imo. Keep in mind I've no idea how much you've actually listened to, so that might or might not make sense.

Anyway, for the possible listening pleasure of thread visitors- The Armada:

The more I listen, the more I like. I ****ing love Morocco.
Wildrider

"Hooks are for wimps and choruses for gays!"

Post by Wildrider »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VetfcqGb ... re=related

Fight like Apes - Something Global

Something very special! :swirly:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Halfshell wrote:He's released a new album? Or do you just mean the old one, repackaged with some extra tracks as is increasingly common practise nowadays?
It is an actual stand alone release, with 7 or so tracks I believe. It was most likely re-released with the original album as well as a 2 disc thing or something, knowing how American musicians tend to do crap like that. I honestly do not know for certain though, its not like I pay for her music or anything.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Fair enough. I've only seen it promoted over here as "all the first album, plus new tracks". To which my gut reaction is always "**** off."

Much better electro Lady:

Youtube comments really is where the dregs of humanity live, innit? Good grief. They'd be hilarious under any other circumstance.
I forgot! You might give a shit about this btw, I don't know. If not, whatever, but I was SO happy when I found out about it and dug it up not too long ago. I missed relatively new material from Jeff Martin muchly- sounds almost like the Tea Party as well... kind of pre-Transmission, imo. Keep in mind I've no idea how much you've actually listened to, so that might or might not make sense.
Bizarrely I was actually looking at the band's Wiki entry last week just to check if they had properly fallen apart or not. Somehow missed any reference to his new project. Will have to investigate that fully when I have speakers. :)
Sades

Post by Sades »

Wildrider- That was pretty awesome. have a soft spot for bands with female vocals.

Ladyhawke= :up: . First time seeing the vids, though... that last one, well, I now know what I want to do for Halloween next year.

Tea Party- well and dead. Armada- They're a bit less "accessible" than, say, Tea Party circa Transmission/TRIPtych/Mantras, but fairly worthy imo.

And now the board is going to have to put up with the millionth Tea Party list from me, simply because that's exactly what I'm listening to now. Don't worry, I'll keep it short.

It's hard to pick just three.

Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well, since everyone else is doing it....

...And this is mostly what I've been listening to this week so far...old classics for me.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It might just be because of the contrast between the piano-y type stuff I was just listening to (Starsailor circa 2001), but those first two songs leave me flat. Which is odd, as I'm usually fond immeadiately of almost anythng with a piano in it. I guess those first two would fall into the "almost" category :p

This thread makes for excellent cleaning music btw. All of my music was recently wiped from my hard drive and all of my CDs are in storage at the mo... relying on radio is shite as all they seem to play is Nickelcrap.

*rummages thru youtube*

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... +tea+party

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... starsailor
Sades

Post by Sades »

Double post again. Go me!

Nothing says late-night writing like musical youtube accompaniment. Just recently found this song. It created an uneasy melancholy, but I forgive it for making me emo 'cause it's beautiful.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:Slayer's new album is just lovely. Not as good as Christ Illusion, but still...
I recently listened to World Painted Blood as well. Not too shabby of an album, but nothing earth-shattering...
Denyer wrote:I'm sure Liebe ist für alle da has annoyed some old-school Rammstein fans with the operatic and folksy touches, but I think heavy works best when there's degrees of light and shade. My language skills are pretty rudimentary, but cliff notes help and Haifisch is probably my favourite track both thematically and in terms of sound.
I got this one too. I particularly enjoy listening to Rammstein, though I have absolutely no German language skills. Haven't taken any German since High School, but I do thoroughly enjoy the guitar riffs and beats. I don't mind the theatrics/operatics either; they fit in rather nicely with heavy guitars IMO.

Other than that I've been jamming to Nirvana's recent "Live at Reading". Long time Nirvana fan, and had to pick it up since it features some goodies in live versions like D-7 and Lounge Act. :up:

Might also pick up the re-release of Bleach as the second part of that disc has some other tracks I don't currently own as live renditions. Though it is hard to spend the money since I already own the original release...
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

[youtube]GA4gCXJ-Fyw&feature=related[/youtube]
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Alestorm...
True Scottish Pirate Metal!
I would post youtube links, but dont know how...
So, check out the album "Black Sails At Midnight". You will not be disappointed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

ganon578 wrote:Other than that I've been jamming to Nirvana's recent "Live at Reading". Long time Nirvana fan, and had to pick it up since it features some goodies in live versions like D-7 and Lounge Act. :up:

Might also pick up the re-release of Bleach as the second part of that disc has some other tracks I don't currently own as live renditions. Though it is hard to spend the money since I already own the original release...
On reflection, I have no idea where my copy of Bleach went, so off to Amazon Marketplace it is... do have a very soft spot for Negative Creep.

Nice to hear someone's officially released Reading. Will snag that one once enough second-hand copies get into circulation.

Any idea what the easiest/cheapest way to get a legit copy of Return of the Rat is these days?
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:I would post youtube links, but dont know how...
There's two ways:
The old fashioned way would be to copy the link of the video and paste the video link on your post.

The new way involves copying a portion of the youtube link. For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6betTK4lY4Q

Copy what's after the equal sign, in this case:
6betTK4lY4Q

Then type this up:
[PHP][/PHP]

Paste what you just copied where the value is and you're done. You just embedded the video onto your post.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Denyer wrote:Nice to hear someone's officially released Reading. Will snag that one once enough second-hand copies get into circulation.
Or lose patience and pay most of the retail price... ho hum.

I can respect what they were going for, keeping in a bare minimum of crowd noise and interaction (keeping the closing star-spangled banner bit, though) to get as many songs onto the disc as possible (although with just a little extra squeezing I'm sure Love Buzz could've fit on the CD as well) but it is a bit disappointing to lose the "The Eagle Has Landed" intro to tourette's I remember so fondly.

Oh well, that's what FLAC bootlegs are for...

"We practised last night!"

Does take me back, and far more fun than any of the (rather po-faced) albums.