Holy shit, I ate ham!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Holy shit, I ate ham!

Post by Sades »

That's got to be the best title ever.

The bf's mom had sent some leftover cooked ham over for the bf, so I was using it to make my bf a sammich for work tomorrow, there was a little piece of ham left over so I popped it in my mouth.

That's like the first time in... pretty much for as long as I've been posting here that I've had ham. It's been so long that it feels like the first time I've ever had it.

It pretty much tastes like it smells, except about ten times stronger. Not quite sure if I enjoy it.

Oh, I completely forgot- Just before I went home for Christmas, I had some beef, btw. I didn't like it. Why do people eat that shit? It tastes like nothing.

I'm confused now. I dunno if I'll ever make eating ham or beef a regular thing, but I can't really say I don't eat it anymore, cause I've eaten some recently.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

wow.

this is indeed a story to tell the grandkids of...

Sades wrote:Why do people eat that shit? It tastes like nothing.
most likely, because someone bought crap meat and/or did a miserable job in preparing it.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Damn straight it is.

Yeah, it was part of a fastfood burger so that kinda tells of its quality right there.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Yous going to burn in hell now.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I ate Egg Beaters for the first time today! Actually, doesn't taste too much different than actual eggs...I was shocked!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, beef's alright if good quality and well-prepared. Also ideally with horseradish sauce IMO.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I wouldn't feel bad about eating any pork. I mean, pigs eat human young every chance they get, so **** them.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Ham is probably my least favorite pork product. Pork tenderloin or a pulled pork sandwich? Aye, that's the rub. And good god, the bacon.

As for beef, I wouldn't say its lacking in flavor, but ground is probably the least flavorful rendition of it out there. Even really good burgers from nicer restaurants (ie, not fast food joints) taste good, but nothing to get excited about (hence why they're always the cheapest thing on the menu).

Now a good medium rare New York strip steak.... Mmmmmmmm. Cook it well-done, though, and you're ****ed.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, I dunno. I don't think I'll make a habit of fast food, because it tastes like crap (well, except for Wendy's french fries. those actually taste good) but I might try other stuff once in a bit. I don't like even cooking hamburger usually, it's incredibly fatty-looking. I guess it has to be that way, seeing as how if they didn't add fat during processing it would dry out. Meh, whatever.

Bacon always smelled good. I might buy some bacon.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Sades wrote:Bacon always smelled good. I might buy some bacon.
Bacon is like holy water. If someone rejects it, then they're a monster.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

In the name of the Suidae and the Holy Bacon, I Christen thee Hamtastic. That or Bacon, cause you know there are only six degrees of Bacon...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sades wrote:Yeah, I dunno. I don't think I'll make a habit of fast food, because it tastes like crap (well, except for Wendy's french fries. those actually taste good) but I might try other stuff once in a bit. I don't like even cooking hamburger usually, it's incredibly fatty-looking. I guess it has to be that way, seeing as how if they didn't add fat during processing it would dry out. Meh, whatever.
I get Egg McMuffins most of the rare chances I'm in a store in the morning and can get. Partly to remind myself why I don't eat in McDonalds much, but the combination of slightly burnt bread product, rubbery cheese and egg, sugar content and (one would presume) monosodium glutamate) is actually quite a pick-me-up with the bad coffee.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Hamburgers? Grinded meat?

I'd never do that, as the original product (chunk of meat, what do we have knives and teeth for) with vegetables and nice sauces of cognac or wine is always better.

You people never really cook?
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Denyer wrote:I get Egg McMuffins most of the rare chances I'm in a store in the morning and can get. Partly to remind myself why I don't eat in McDonalds much, but the combination of slightly burnt bread product, rubbery cheese and egg, sugar content and (one would presume) monosodium glutamate) is actually quite a pick-me-up with the bad coffee.
I worked part time for McD's to pick up a bit of extra cash. The Egg McMuffin=1 English muffin, toasted with a squirt of margarine product, 1 egg with the same, imagine the butter going on the grill, then a steamer top over it, after you break the egg, 1 piece of Canadian Bacon (ham) and a piece of cheese product.

Oddly enough, you could order it without the margarine and without the cheese and the egg/ham/bread combo would not be as bad, but the egg would taste like a poached one and the English muffin would taste rather bland. About the only thing that the taste would be unaltered would be the Canadian bacon.

Of course, these are names we use, I am sure McDonald's in England would have different names, not sure if they really call an English muffin "English" there or not :)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Sades wrote:I don't like even cooking hamburger usually, it's incredibly fatty-looking. I guess it has to be that way, seeing as how if they didn't add fat during processing it would dry out. Meh, whatever.
You just have to buy the 96% lean beef, it is not very greasy at all, or alternatively you could use grounded turkey, which is what I do usually at this point.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Ham and bacon are about the best ways to eat pork. I'm not a fan of pork chops.
And now a relevant clip from Jim Gaffigan:

Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Beef is a pretty bland meat unless you do something serious to it. Steak in a nice peppercorn or Rocquefort sauce: now you're talking!
Chicken, bacon, or my personal favourite: chicken wrapped in bacon. Thats how meat ought to be.