Google Checkout

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Raze
Protoform

Google Checkout

Post by Raze »

Any one had any experience with it when a transaction goes bad?

I've been printing some cd's for my brothers band recently and ran out of ink. The printer I'm using is pretty old so the ink ribbon's I need are pretty hard to get hold of, especially black. Been searching for a while and only found 1 site with what I need. I sign up to it straight away to place my order but firefox warns me there's a problem with it's security certificate so I think again. Problem being I really need the ink as the cd's are going to record companies, radio stations and some magazines in the UK so it's important they get printed. Anyway firefox put that doubt in my mind, so I didn't use the site's checkout process and clicked on that attractive google checkout sign for the first time ever. The order's placed but that doubt in my mind remains of whether everything will go through ok, I just want that damn ink.
I've been reading through google checkouts info which is mostly directed towards seller's. Buyer's seem to be a bit of an afterthought for them and can't find any info on if they'll do anything if I get ripped off.
Appreciate any insight given. :up:

Linkage for those interested in hearing some music = http://www.myspace.com/angermanagementmusic
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Pay by credit card, that way you can challenge with the bank if worst comes to worst. What's the site?

If you're doing that sort of printing a colour laser might be a good investment, depending on finish required and how expensive getting legacy consumables is.
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Here's the site and ink ribbon - http://www.rpadistribution.co.uk/Itemde ... IO_RIB&Tp=

It was purchased with a Visa debit card which supposedly offers the same protection so that makes me feel a little better. I've never had to use it so never remember they do offer protection like that.

I have actually got a laser printer for cd's I was just unhappy with what it produced. It's since found itself boxed and unused since.

This is what I've been printing which the band are happy with.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Oh, right, the CDs themselves... does a thermal printer do the discs directly, or work with transparent labels? Only time I've come into contact with them was about fifteen years ago -- nice solid almost waxy coverage in a way lasers were extremely expensive to get to do.

Going just on that one track, the band sound a bit like Soilwork with less variation. Quite a crowded market to be getting into. Ah well, best of luck to them.
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

It prints directly onto the disc, no labels involved. It wasn't a bad buy for £29, though I did buy it years ago and not use it until recently. It's just annoying that I have to manually move the disc into position for each print area and that the ribbons have about 40 prints in them.
The laser printer I used just wasn't able to produce a very striking product, it seemed very dull. More due to the limitations of the printer I think as I was looking for something cheap at the time, so I can't really complain about it.

Pantera on crack is what they've been described as by some. Though after hearing some Soilwork, I do hear similarities with the track on myspace which is a newer track. Unfortunately the older tracks that were on myspace were taken down after a run in with the producer that recorded them last year. The tracks they're sending out now have been rerecorded this year and sound a lot better then what they ended up with last year. So the producer that messed them about might have done them a favour in the end, just a shame it cost them so much.