David Cameron once spoke to a darkie who'd been in the Navy since he was 10...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

David Cameron once spoke to a darkie who'd been in the Navy since he was 10...

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1oQvC4fUtk

I'm generally not enough of a twat to 'do' politics, but I can do maths. Just thought non-UKers would want to see the calibre of wanker we have potentially running the country.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I've been leaning towards the term "Dilbertarianism" to describe an argument for limited government and localism based on the mendacity, sloth and all around incompetence of those who rise to the tippy-top in politics.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I didnt bother watching it, because I knew exactly what would be said, nothing different to what they ever say, but did neither of the other two pick up on Camerons stupidity?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Nope. They're all ****ing idiots, which means another spoilt ballot from me. Look at the dead eyes on the bastards, it's like they're a trio of freaks on Britain's Got Talent who've suddenly, as the camera rolls, realised their act is completely shit.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Cliffjumper wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1oQvC4fUtk

I'm generally not enough of a twat to 'do' politics, but I can do maths. Just thought non-UKers would want to see the calibre of wanker we have potentially running the country.
I don't think cameron is that much of a wanker as Tories go.And I think your criticism is rather harsh there.

Of course due to his school background Cameron is being attacked constantly personally on class grounds by labour. He is obviously trying to counter that ploy seeing as opinion polls are showing it is working. Ironically Clegg grew up richer than Cameron apparently.

I thought it was a reasonably good debate from all 3 leaders myself. They marked out different policies for the same problems and Clegg has prehaps put the Lib Dem's into a genuinely threatening position.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Cliffjumper wrote:Nope. They're all ****ing idiots, which means another spoilt ballot from me. Look at the dead eyes on the bastards, it's like they're a trio of freaks on Britain's Got Talent who've suddenly, as the camera rolls, realised their act is completely shit.
Well all reports had them down as nervous. This hadn't ever been done before and as I recall my early days of teaching and my first few assemblies after becoming head of year, I certainly could see myself not looking particularly good, a few stutters, a few misread lines from my speach to the year. It's not easy.

I'll say one thing. The 3 choices we have this time round is a million times more positive than 2001 or 2005.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Jetfire wrote:And I think your criticism is rather harsh there.
Right. Several explanations spring to mind:

a) He made it up and didn't notice it made no sense
b) He can't do maths
c) He can't read

None of which fill me with confidence.

I'm currently leaning toward scrawling "Freedom for Tooting" across the ballot. But that may change.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I'm not a Cameron fan myself, in fact I despise him and the Conservative party.
I'm a first time voter and I must say that this election is pretty uninspiring and more than likley I won't be voting. I thought about voting to keep out the BNP but I can't see them even close to getting in. But then the Tory manifesto came out which alarmed me because they have a realistic chance of winning and implementing that crap so I may go and vote against them but is there any point in me doing so?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jetfire wrote:And I think your criticism is rather harsh there.
Halfie covered that one. He's a moron for making such a basic mistake. He also pulled out the brilliant "I met a black person..." crap, which is hilarious. I don't give a shit what school he went to, or whether the other ones are bigger ****s than him (yay, Transformers fan logic applied to politics - X is less shit than Y, let's all settle for X, never mind that it's not actually any good...). He's either an idiot or a liar. And the other two just standing there like goldfish.... Reality TV freakshow nonsense. We might as well get Cowell to pick the PM.
Jetfire wrote:Well all reports had them down as nervous.
For ****'s sake, this isn't Dancing on Ice. One of these three people is going to be in charge of the ****ing country in a short while. They're nervous about doing their ****ing job because they're on the telly? Oh, they're men we want in times of pressure, aren't they?

"Prime Minister, the Argentians are all over the Falklands! What shall we do? Oh, you're in the corner having a panic attack because Sky News will probably want to speak to you".
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Cliffjumper wrote:Halfie covered that one. He's a moron for making such a basic mistake. He also pulled out the brilliant "I met a black person..." crap, which is hilarious. I don't give a shit what school he went to, or whether the other ones are bigger ****s than him (yay, Transformers fan logic applied to politics - X is less shit than Y, let's all settle for X, never mind that it's not actually any good...).
I thought it was a good debate. The general perception has been the positiveness for the debate winner. You may not give a shit about where somebody went to school, but it's very obvious a large portion of the population do. Not every line or answer is to aplease you.
He's either an idiot or a liar. And the other two just standing there like goldfish.... Reality TV freakshow nonsense. We might as well get Cowell to pick the PM.
Nobody is voting on the debates alone. Afterall Clegg was the clear winner and Cameron is still ahead. However I think they are a good thing as much the pupil who can't stand the parlimentary gibberish can at least access what the leaders have to say in some way.

For ****'s sake, this isn't Dancing on Ice. One of these three people is going to be in charge of the ****ing country in a short while. They're nervous about doing their ****ing job because they're on the telly? Oh, they're men we want in times of pressure, aren't they?

"Prime Minister, the Argentians are all over the Falklands! What shall we do? Oh, you're in the corner having a panic attack because Sky News will probably want to speak to you".
I'd say it's the difference between being interviewed for your job and just getting on wth it once you have it secured. I've been nervous at interviews, muddled words, had to start a sentence again, wondered why I said certain things, despite knowing I can and have done the job well.

Even Obama who has been generally impressive on the world stage as president of the most powerful nation on earth has admitted to nerves at various stages. Tony Blair (a **** I know) ha sadmitted to nerves and he was never less than impressive on the world stage.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

electro girl wrote:I'm not a Cameron fan myself, in fact I despise him and the Conservative party.
I'm a first time voter and I must say that this election is pretty uninspiring and more than likley I won't be voting. I thought about voting to keep out the BNP but I can't see them even close to getting in. But then the Tory manifesto came out which alarmed me because they have a realistic chance of winning and implementing that crap so I may go and vote against them but is there any point in me doing so?
What don't you like about the manifesto?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jetfire wrote:I'd say it's the difference between being interviewed for your job and just getting on wth it once you have it secured. I've been nervous at interviews, muddled words, had to start a sentence again, wondered why I said certain things, despite knowing I can and have done the job well.
Jets, you've been interviewed for, what, teaching positions, that sort of thing, yeh? Nicest possible way, not the same thing here. These guys should all be convinced they can do this - they're not trying to fit some criteria to do the job, they're saying "These are my principles and policies, this is he way I'm going to do it, it's brilliant, go with me". They should be ready now. For Christ's sake, one of them's been doing it for however long. We're talking about running the country, which requires someone who isn't going to melt because they're being asked questions on the BBC.
he was never less than impressive on the world stage.
Pretty easy to do when you've got your tongue up the arsehole of the cowboy nutter with the powerful country.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Jetfire wrote:What don't you like about the manifesto?
Generally, political parties will say almost anything to get into power and then pay very little attention to manifesto promises.

When the Conservatives of an age to not have voted for section 28 are dead and they can field someone who doesn't bandwagon jump quite so much (the lip service to environmental issues has been getting farcical for years) I might be more inclined to listen. Not that Labour are anything to write home about, and I'm not feeling Nick Clegg as much as previous LibDem leaders.

Or in short: we need a hunting season for career politicians.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Compare these 3 with last time we had a general election, a post Iraq Blair, the vampire and the rich nothing.

These three come across as almost outstanding candidates in comparision. Same with 2001.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"Better than a brick to the testicles" is a dubious recommendation at the best of times.

A hung parliament will be relatively close to the proportional voting system I'd like to see, so here's hoping Cameron's nightmare comes true in that respect.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Jetfire wrote:These three come across as almost outstanding candidates in comparision.

Well, as long as there've been people who've been shitter, let's settle, eh? Howard or Kennedy or Blair being shit does not make any of these three any more appealing.

I realise it's most likely one of the three will get in, but I'm not going to be even slightly responsible, especially not because one's slightly less unimpressive than the other two. I'll go along to the polling station because I don't take my right to vote lightly, but I won't be voting for anyone unless they come up with something a damn sight more impressive than 'being less crap than the other two'.

Those posters are great: - http://www.mydavidcameron.com/posters4/iht2
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

What is the opinion people have on the idea that "if you don't vote you cannot complain"?

I ask this because, I more than likely am not going to vote, this is almost completely due to a lack of interest in the election due to the fact that I do not believe a sodding word any of them have said, so I almost feel like waiving my option to vote due to a complete lack of trust in any of the candidates (to add to the 'reality tv theme' spoken about in here, if I was someone willing to vote on X-Factor and the 3 finalists were all people I either hated or just didn't care for, I'd be a mug to vote).

Now I've had people have a go at me due to my possible decision of not voting, saying that if I do not take part in the vote I have absolutely no reason to complain over the way the country is run, because I forfeit my right when I decided not to vote. I do honestly feel this is unfair, we are given the RIGHT to vote, our right, that is a right we can decide to not take up if we so wish.

Its not as if I have no interest in politics, I follow politics mildly, I follow the news, etc etc, but it is just a complete lack of faith that my vote will make any difference, because I dont trust any of the parties to actually do what they say they will.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

A spoilt ballot is always preferable to not voting.

Why? Which would you rather be - a statistic of voter apathy, people who don't care about who's in charge of the country and what happens... or a statistic of people who actually use their vote to say "none of you are worth the effort."

Yes, there's a massive difference.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Cliffjumper wrote:
Those posters are great: - http://www.mydavidcameron.com/posters4/iht2

My favorite one of those was "I've never voted Tory before, I'm working class not stupid."

As for how crap they are as leaders, we'll have to wait and see. I'm happy they are all planning to cut down on waste. I like the Lib Dem ideas on most things and they have strangely lost the utterly loopy policies they had (Unlimited immigration) and seemed to ahve moved towards the centre in a sensible way, but Cameron's ring fencing of NHS budgets and giving headteachers the power to exclude to improve disclipine are the two policies closest to my heart.

I do think for this election it is vital for a change, Labour have been in power for to long and become too corrupt, controlling and out of touch. I think in any political system it is important to change things to avoid stagnation and corruption, which unfortuantly been the opposite of what has happened in the UK for 3 decades.