Torchwood refuses to die

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Halfshell

Torchwood refuses to die

Post by Halfshell »

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28068

Though the article does insist on calling series 3 "Children of Men" and expects me to believe there's an American TV channel called "Starz", so I won't quite believe anything until I see it.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Considering the critical plaudits the mini series got (haven't seen it myself yet, but the bloody hell when did Torchwood become good response seemed universal) it's surprising the beeb haven't done it themselves sooner.

If it is basically an American version i'll be surprised if Gwen carries over with it.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I figured HBO or Showtime would snap something like Torchwoood up. Maybe SyFy or AMC(I mean, AMC's making a tv series out of The Walking Dead, for pity's sake. Torchwoood'd be right up their alley). But Starz? Really?

I didn't think they had original programming. Generally they just show movies, if their ads are to be believed.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

If Starz was a movie channel then they're beginning to move in to original programming, theyre the channel behind the new Spartacus show, and I think they have 1 or 2 other TV shows lined up.