If you could do anything within a 24 hour period...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Prowl1984

If you could do anything within a 24 hour period...

Post by Prowl1984 »

knowing full-well that the next day everything would reset to the day before, what would you do?

For the last 2 days I've had to work 14 hour shifts due to my staff phoning in sick and generally being unreliable, so right now my choice would be burning the shop to the ground.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Hound

Post by Hound »

If I could do anything, I'd do everything...
Sades

Post by Sades »

I skim-read this as "If you could do anything with a 24 hour period..." And had to do a double-take.

I figured most men would be terrified. Or they'd give it to their girfriends?

I would be elated!

I dunno what I would do.... um, spend the day shoplifting random crap? All the things I can think of that I'd want to do would probably take longer than a day to accomplish. And I probably wouldn't want the reset after them.

Like buying 5000 little plastic parachute men and hurling them off of the top of some country's "landmark" building/structure all at once. I'd need to get the money to buy the toys and a plane ticket, select a country, somehow get to the top of it with 5000 parachute men (and some sort of launching device, I assume), spend a couple of days opening all the little stupid parachutes and laying them so they won't tangle and then launch them. Even if I settled for a tall office building, it all requires planning, saving, and after all of that effort I sure as heck wouldn't want a reset.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Oh, I know what I'd do. I'd break into the apartment of the idiot pot smokers on my floor's apartment, take their weed, burn some/leave it in conspicuous places and call the res. managers. That's what they get for being inconsiderate ****s and making the communal washing machine stink.

If people want to smoke pot, that's their business. The moment it starts affecting me is when I get pissed, however. I have to pay for each load of laundry, and if my clothing comes out smelling like that disgusting-smelling shit, the kid gloves are ****ing off.

Or, well... they would be if there was something I could actually do. Legally, I mean... I'm not really going to go break into someone's apartment.

Angggeeerrrrr. I can't stand that ****ing stench.

... Anyway, carry on. >.> <.< >.>
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Can't you stop the cycle when their stuff is going around, open the hatch and take a dump in their stuff? Serious question.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Technically yes, but then I'd still have to use the machine. Though I think the smell of shit would wash out of the machine faster than resin would.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'd call someone up, ask a question, and proceed from there.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

So no matter what I did, no matter what happens, would reset the next day? Like nothing ever happened?

I'd steal the most expensive car in town, drive around town as fast as I can throwing pipe bombs at anything and everything(and everyone) I saw. Take a flamethrower to the police station. Steal and smoke/drink as much pot/alchohol as I could get my hands on. (and I love the smell of Pot)

I'd steal every transformer in every store in town... and spend whatever time left, opening and playing with them.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I'd steal the most expensive car in town, drive around town as fast as I can throwing pipe bombs at anything and everything(and everyone) I saw. Take a flamethrower to the police station. Steal and smoke/drink as much pot/alchohol as I could get my hands on. (and I love the smell of Pot)
So you'd just sit in and play GTA?
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Although a crime spree sounds like fun i wouldn't go as far as killing people...kicking certain people's head in yes...but no killing. plus it would have to be meticulously planned so as not to spend the rest of the day behind bars.

Hunter S.Thompson
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

One day that could be reset? Hm...

I do believe that I would take great pleasure in telling some people the truth about themselves. Graphically. In words of one grunt so they'd at least be able to appreciate the full savour of the insult (although, frankly, a few people I'd be aiming to insult would still be, like, a good few feet below that level of comprehension).

Then the next day, I could either do it all again using different insults or just plain spend the time smiling at irate people until they went ballistic and exploded.

Best evar insult heard in the office:

"Have you considered work as a doorstop?"

"Er, you mean a doorman?"

"No..."
Sades

Post by Sades »

Morons in other apt aside, I would probably do the same things as Clogs/Auros.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

'Borrow' a car, drive to the airport, fly to the united states, go to the Wizards of the Coast building, ask for Doug Beyer and Mark Rosewater, yell "I CAME ALL THE WAY FROM EUROPE JUST TO DO THIS" and punch them square in the face/kick them in the groin.

(They're part of the design crew for the game Magic: the Gathering. Also, Rosewater wrote for Roseanne.)
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

What? You don't like the Eldrazi?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Piss out the two kidney stones that I've had to consume steady pain medication for, over the last 2 months. That is it really.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Spending all of my money on scratch cards and lottery tickets just to see what my odds of winning are is quite appealing.

Hunter S.Thompson
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sir Auros wrote:What? You don't like the Eldrazi?
I'd be more shocked to find someone that actually likes Maro.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Sir Auros wrote:What? You don't like the Eldrazi?
It's more that I hate stuff like the card Dread Drone, and the book Alara Unbroken. They get payed to be creative, and they make shit like that.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ackula wrote:Piss out the two kidney stones that I've had to consume steady pain medication for, over the last 2 months. That is it really.
I'm not sure that's something you'd want a reset for.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Sades wrote:I'm not sure that's something you'd want a reset for.
QFT. The pain medicine seems to have made me miss that part of this conversation, oops!