So, do you feel sorry for Raoul Moat?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cameron never demanded anything (or at least he hadn't when I made that post, I don't know about since), that was another MP. He just basically said the people in the group were twats when asked.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

optihut wrote:A statement by him that it is a sign of bad taste would have accomplished the same goal - that the creator of the group voluntarily shuts it down. It was unnecessary (and a bit creepy) to try to get facebook to close the group.
You really think that would work? A guy creates a facebook group that he KNOWS is in bad taste and offensive, and you think some posh prick going on air and purely saying "its in bad taste" would get the guy to shut it down? The guy knows its in bad taste and offensive, that is why he did it.

In terms of Catalyst Dragon, you lead a very very pathetic life.
inflatable dalek

It was actually a woman who started the Facebook page. I only mention it because if you were to imagine the sort of Jeremy Kyle staring person who'd start such a page she looks exactly like what you're thinking. Another stereotype reinforced.

I do think it's a shame the dead mans family are blaming the girlfriend for what happened. Again, it's really only Moat's fault.
snavej

Post by snavej »

Raoul Moat was a bit like 'Big Vern' from Viz comic, who says things like 'No copper is gonna take me alive' and often kills himself with a head shot.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Rurudyne wrote:Please tell me that they didn't advise wearing green and taking up archery....
It's still on the statute books that every yeoman will practice shooting at the official butts once every two weeks. Thank [god of your choice] that this isn't enforced because elections don't come cheap...

Endnote: tapes indicate that Mr Moat was tasered after he attempted to shoot himself properly (NB. with that kind of gun, he could only really shoot himself under the chin upwards), since he went down with gun in hand and was, therefore, a credible H&S risk. It is essential that H&S procedures are followed at all times.
Catalyst Dragon

Final Words.

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

A couple of things I wanted to say before I permanently take my leave of this site.

@ Cliffjumper: Your nerd rage post always give me a good laugh. That you get upset over me asking a simple question about a guy that you obviously have no love for is childish. Grow up, your approching 30 start acting like it.
Then there's this- in the past three years I've been here I've seen you commit more etiquette and flaming violations that a good quarter of the sites populace altogether.

@Sades: I'm a World History Major with a focus in ancient cultures and Military history, I probably know more about your history than you ever will. So you can go F*** yourself if you think I'm ignorant because I don't pay attention to current crime trends in you country.
Speaking of history, In the long history of the British, they have invaded more territorys, enslaved more peoples, and committed more atrocitys against foreign peoples than just about any other nation or culture in the world.
How does that fit into your little morals of right and wrong... arrogant, ****.

@Denyer: Go back to sleep.
If your going to try and insult someone on their age or beliefs at least do some research on the subjects beforehand. I'm far from 15, and not a Nihilist. I don't want the world to end, I don't think anything needs to be destroyed. I simply understand that death is a necessary part of life and the continued prosperity of the rest of human kind.

@ Inflatable Dalek: I really got nothing against you except that your so obviously a pawn and lacky of the other mods... Grow some balls, stop posting in Cliffjumpers shadow.

It saddens me to think that some of you may be members of the site I plan to replace this one with...

I have nothing against the community as a whole just it's arrogant, British moderators(which is sad since I've always had a deep respect for the British despite their history). I've met many people here that I enjoy talking to and hearing from, but many of the staff here are immature and ignorant and I don't want to be associated with them.

Sayonara, TF Archive.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Turn that damn music down, kid.

Seriously, this is hilarious. Saysadie the Brit! Dalek the 'lacky'! The week late response while he Googled nihilism! The way this was PM'd to half the staff for maximum attention whore points!

And he's not going to be posting here anymore. Such a loss.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Wow, it's like watching an accident filmed in slow motion played back at high speed....
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Hound

Post by Hound »

You'd think a "World History Major with a focus in ancient cultures and Military history" would know the difference between "your" and "you're". Putz...

Locked because any staff that want to respond will be able to but the rest of you don't really need to involve yourselves.

To Catalyst Dragon, don't come back.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Hound wrote: Locked because any staff that want to respond will be able to but the rest of you don't really need to involve yourselves.
I don't think the rest of the staff needs to respond, either. If only there was a super-lock option.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Well, he did take a shot at quite a few members of the staff specifically. No reason they shouldn't get to respond.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not a lot to respond to. Stands by itself, as does the earlier "the people that are dying would have died eventually anyway".

Time for my nap.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Not too fond of closing a post but leaving it available for staff to post in. It sends out the wrong message to the rest of the community - one rule for us and one for them. At the end of the day, the staff shouldn't need to get in a final shot anyway.

Glad this has been merged/reopened, although I do think we should let the insults die a quick death.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
inflatable dalek

Hound wrote:Well, he did take a shot at quite a few members of the staff specifically. No reason they shouldn't get to respond.
And like Moat most of his shots were wide of the mark.

There was a story in a few of the papers yesterday that summed up the mental abilities of the Moat lovers perfectly. His prison cell mate had a prison tattoo done that both misspelt his name and got his date of birth wrong. With skills like that it's something of a wonder they can even use Facebook.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

inflatable dalek wrote:...it's something of a wonder they can even use Facebook.
Even I can use Facebook, so...?

(Off topic: CD, farewell. Sades, welcome to the Britland contingent!)