So, do you feel sorry for Raoul Moat?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

So, do you feel sorry for Raoul Moat?

Post by Cliffjumper »

Congratulations, you're a ****ing idiot. Seriously, what the **** is wrong with this country?
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Have you seen the Facebook page? It's wierd in a sick way and is mostly " M8 WAT A LEGEND U R MOATY DER SHUD B MOR PPL LIKE U M8"
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Of course I feel sympathy for him.

I mean can you imagine if one of the last people you saw in your life was Paul Gascoigne???

Lulz.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ ... 007152911/
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Family and close friends, fair enough. And I suppose an argument could be made for him being mentally unwell (though he seems to have been a complete **** his entire life, that seems a bit unlikely to me) but the revelling in him "Sticking it to the man" and teaching his woman a "lesson" (and even if she'd been sleeping with every police officer in the country it had nothing to do with him) is stupid on every level. Especially as it's coming from people who think it's edgy to cough "Twat" as they walk past a copper.

I actually had more sympathy for that taxi cab fellow, despite the papers slightly desperate efforts to paint him as a monster in waiting ("Look at him smiling in these wedding photos, the fiend!") he seems to have been, though not a saint by any means, a relatively harmless bloke who snapped for reasons we'll likely never know.

As I said on Facebook today:

To all the Raoul Moat lovers: 2 things you should remember:

1: The sanest and most rational public person who agrees with you is
Gazza.

2: Even if you really, really think all police must die, he wasn't actually a very good cop killing rebel was he? He shoot one policeman and only wounded him before a comedy tazer related accident. As far as authority destroying anarchists go he's hardly the bloody Joker.

If not for the Facebook length limit (what is this, Twitter?) it would have included point 3 as well:

The police have no doubt been making careful note of everyone who joined that wanker group, if you think they were giving you trouble over your speeding fines before you aint seen nothing yet.

EDIT: The worst thing is Cameron has said something I agree with a result. I've even defended him against people who think he shouldn't stick his nose in. I feel so dirty now.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

inflatable dalek wrote:I feel so dirty now.
That's what Dave wants. He loves it when you feel dirty.

And Moat? World's better off without the cock. Just a shame he had to kill / maim innocent people before he blew his brain cell out.
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

I blame the parents. Who the hell calls their kid Raoul and expects him not to turn out evil?
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

It's bizarre how a lot of the support seems to stem from the insecure twenty somethings of Nothern England, a lot of "LOL LEG3ND IF MY MSSUS DID THAT ID KIL hER2", sadly reflects the mentality for the majority of people I come into contact with and I'm from Wigan, the mattress stain of the North West!

I guarantee if you confronted 99.99% of those children who posted on FB you would have them red faced and cringing in embarrassment at their own genetic failings and intellectual short comings.

People, are in essence, twats.

Chavs breeding with chavs, kids raising kids, brother sleeping sister, cats and dogs living together, anarchy in the U.K.? Moat was just another by product of the wasted generation of chavs, for whom the pinnacle of life is to be arested for the most drunken,violent, imbecilic or chauvenistic crime imaginable.(delete as applicable)

Although did we ever find out what his last meal was? I had my money on a bargain bucket of KFC and a bottle of coke.

If my time was up and I had the option of a last meal, I think it would have to be a bucket of porridge and as many minstrels as I could possibly fit into my mouth and pockets and eat until I was sick and/or tasered.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Anyone care to give the short version? Two peoples, common language, divided and all...
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Halfshell wrote:Of course I feel sympathy for him.

I mean can you imagine if one of the last people you saw in your life was Paul Gascoigne???

Lulz.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ ... 007152911/
Do the same people own The Onion (link)?
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'd provide a link but I'm on my blackberry. Google the dude's name, its a crazy story.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:Anyone care to give the short version? Two peoples, common language, divided and all...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raoul_Moat

Fat useless sack of shit with no stake in society tries to kill his ex, does kill her husband.

Goes on a shit rampage which involves injuring one police officer and generally giving it the big "I am", swearing to butcher cops and so on. Is kept hidden by similar twats.

Finally cornered by the police, at which point he pointed a gun at his own head. The police tasered him, the gun went off and blew his stupid face off.

At which point many thousands of bleeding-heart spastics, this generation's answer to the wankers who complained about the Iranian Embassy siege, Operation Flavius and the sinking of the Belgrano, started filling Facebook and the like with a load of shit about what bastards the police were and how Moat was a top geezer, how they should have taken him alive, how harsh it was on his family (because, y'know, the family of the man he shot weren't fussed at all, and it wasn't like he'd have created a lot of bereaved police relatives if he hadn't been so amazingly shit anyway) and all that toss.

This coming a few weeks after Derrick Bird. Considering Moat seems to have been a meathead of the highest order, it's entirely possible he was trying to do the same thing. When they find the ****s who were hidding him, they should let the police knock the crap out of them.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Cliffjumper wrote:what bastards the police were and how Moat was a top geezer
This is the part that got me. What the **** is wrong with people? That's a huge disconnect. And a huge load of stupidity.
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:how harsh it was on his family
It is going to be tough on his family, especially his kids (imagine the fun they'll have at school when the bullies find out), but there's only one person to blame for what they're going to go through, Moat himself. And frankly they're better off without him.

@Clay, to give you an idea how bizarre Paul Gascoigne turning up was, imagine Tiger Woods showing up at the next American High School shooting to tell everyone the gunmen were really alright and just needed a cuddle.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

inflatable dalek wrote:@Clay, to give you an idea how bizarre Paul Gascoigne turning up was, imagine Tiger Woods showing up at the next American High School shooting to tell everyone the gunmen were really alright and just needed a cuddle.
Tiger Woods in 20 years time, when he's been washed up for twelve and after he's had a complete psychiatric breakdown.

[EDIT]
Finally cornered by the police, at which point he pointed a gun at his own head.
Worth bearing in mind: the gun was a shotgun. He went all Mexican Standoff with the police when they had tasers and he had a shotgun... pointed at his own head. That's the level we're on here.
inflatable dalek

There were armed police there as well though wasn't there? Not that it distracts from the fact that them not just shouting "Drop the gun!" and then shooting him right off (which is what I suspect would happen in a lot of countries) but instead putting hours of effort into bringing him in alive is a huge credit to our force.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

The thing that annoyed me was on BBC News when they interviewed a criminologist who said that Moat came from the "Tyneside Hardman culture". As my Karate teacher (who's also a copper) put it, if he was such a hard man and if he did come from such a culture, then he likely would have gone into his ex's place and beaten the guy senseless rather than shooting him through the window like a coward.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
inflatable dalek

He can still be part of the culture without being any good at it. I do like how you make it sound as if your teacher was afronted at the insult to these "Hardmen" though, "Nah, we don't shoot 'em, we beat them to death. Pure slander that".
Clay

Post by Clay »

Sounds like he had an explosive personality...

Sounds like he wanted to go out with a bang...

Sounds like his popularity has blown up in numbers...

I should stop, shouldn't I? :(
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'd say either or, but I can't.
inflatable dalek

Clay wrote: I should stop, shouldn't I? :(
Yep, don't force me to send the Prime Minister to call you a insensitive *****.

Though, I'm pleased to see after agreeing with him yesterday Cameron has returned to form by suddenly talking about BP as a British company when A: They're not really anymore (hence them changing their name so it's just BP rather than being short for anything) and B: During the time they were ****ing up everything the Government was very keen to distance the country from them. Soon as they slightly start to sort it out he's suddenly "Well, we don't want them to be paying out to much compensation for screwing up the west coast so we can still have a strong BRITISH company".

*Oh alright, he was number one with a bullet.