So I saw Toy Story 3 tonight

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

So I saw Toy Story 3 tonight

Post by electro girl »

And let me tell you it shall take quite an effort to beat it as my new favourite film.

It was just magnificent, I've never had such an emotional response to a film before I cried twice and laughed so much more. Plenty of nods to Toy Stories of old aswel.

I don't know what it was about it but it just made me feel so good. Maybe it's because I really liked Toy Story when I was 4 but with those characters it felt like my childhood on the screen and I was so imersed it was wonderful.

Well thats enough of my gushing praise, has anyone else seen it?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Not me- I haven't had much interest in seeing it but I'm starting to become interested, as you're like the third of fourth person I've heard gushing praise for it, and I usually like Pixar films.

I'll probably wait until it's out on DVD, unless we get some free time while it's still in theatres.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
TMM

Post by TMM »

i'll be seeing it later next week i think, when their's no/less kid's going... kid's don't half spoil movies!

we saw inception instead the other night, which is a bloody masterpiece!
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

TMM wrote:i'll be seeing it later next week i think, when their's no/less kid's going... kid's don't half spoil movies!

we saw inception instead the other night, which is a bloody masterpiece!
Yeah I've heard good things I really wanna see it (I love Ellen Page and want to marry her).

To be fair when me and my mates went small children were in the minority as the audience was mostly made up of late teens-early twenties who were kids in the 90's.

I have also decided I need a Woody and Buzz toy because my parents couldn't afford to buy me them when I was younger. (I wonder if thats why I obsessively buy toys now?)
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

I thought the first one was brilliant! In fact, I remember coming out of Dreamworks' Robots- which was worth watching- but my friend was grumbling, "not as good as TS." I'm like, dude, if that's your expectation you were disappointed before walking in! It almost sounds cliche to say you like TS, but I personally feel it backs up its reputation.

Second one? I only saw it once. Great film, again, and there were bits in it that would've fit right in with the first one in terms of entertainment value. I really need to check it out again some time.

So obviously I'm looking forward to seeing the new one. All the Ken & Barbie hype turned me off a bit. But they've got a robot this time! And it was Hamm's line about eBay in one of the trailers that convinced me, this looks good. (Hardly the most original joke ever, but the delivery nailed it! Doing small things like that just right are a big what makes the TS movies, imo.) Plus, word of month seems to be indicating it's better than the second one- which was good!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Seen it. Curate's egg erring on the side of many better parts than not. The animation and characterisations are, as expected, fabulous, the scripting is very witty and nods to adults... but, I don't know...

No burning ambition to own it on DVD this time round.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

For my opition, don't wait, just got see it now. It's that good.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

IT WAS AWESOME.

I was welling up at the end.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Halfshell wrote:IT WAS AWESOME.

I was welling up at the end.
What he said. Brilliant. I've rarely seen a film that genuinely runs you through the full gauntlet of emotions so quickly.
ThackeG67
Protoform

Post by ThackeG67 »

After I watched it I realized that being a toy is very sad if nobody wants to play with you. This movie definitely has a good moral lesson.
Ice Shard
Protoform

Post by Ice Shard »

It's amazing! Loved it to pieces, it's so emotional in parts, and plain funny in others. I was that touched that I went home and fished out all my old cuddly toys -minus the Barbie- and propped them all over the room. :D

I thought I'd buy the boxset if one ever comes out with the three films together.
BOOBS1

Post by BOOBS1 »

This was the first movie I took my son to see. He loved it and since then he's been taking his toys, putting them in a garbage bag and telling me he's getting rid of his old toys. I keep finding them in the trash.... It was a cute movie, and I guess i could see how people could get emotional. I was just happy my son actually sat through it since he's 3 and never stops talking, or moving. Also I now wonder how many kids are trying to throw out thier toys...
I'm so smooth that I'm just-
And smoothies, are just, "ies.."
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

BOOBS1 wrote:he's been taking his toys, putting them in a garbage bag and telling me he's getting rid of his old toys. I keep finding them in the trash....
That's a cute story. He's not old enough to remember "Built to Rule" but he can identify with the feeling.
TMM

Post by TMM »

it is super special awesome!!!

saw it recently, and it is great, i think it's second to number 2 in terms of greatness, but that's not a bad thing

it reminded me more of monster's inc than the old toy story's... it's a great movie and i want a toy story trilogy blu-ray box set, some of the effects were insane
SPOILER! (select to read)
the scene in the furnance was just so beautiful and well put together

THE CLAAAAWWWW!!!
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Bladdy fantastic. Severely intense in places (the furnace when they're all holding hands, my ****ing god), big happy ending, packed with class gags (Ken was excellent - "I'm not a girl's toy... why does everyone keep saying that?"), cute peas, excellent action opening sequence ("DEATH BY MONKEYS"), killer inventiveness, lovely stuff. Maybe, just maybe, better than the second.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

We do a lot of improv here.
Are you classically trained?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

"Now that I've discovered Buzz's Spanish mode..."
"My what?"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, random gripe - was the supporting thing not piss-poor? Not as annoying as that jumping twat thing at the start of The Incredibles, but still about half an hour longer than it needed to be and not as clever as someone somewhere thought? It's like Pixar are saying there's too much awesome in their films, and you've got to line your metaphorical stomach with dirge like that for perspective or something.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

It was pretty, but then it's Pixar. Heavyhanded and throwaway.

I liked the one before Up.