Hands up if you've been on TV

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
angloconvoy

Hands up if you've been on TV

Post by angloconvoy »

*Raises hand.*

So about three weeks back some guy comes up to me while I'm looking at Transformers (seriously) and asks if I like Star Wars. I say, "kind of", so he asks me to come with him. He then asks if I can speak Japanese, whips out a camera and has a little chat with me about these star wars chopsticks in the shop (I wasn't really impressed).
I thought the guy worked for the shop, figured it was some kind of in-house promotional thing, but then a couple of days ago some of the kids at school walk up to me and ask if I was on TV. I'd forgotten all about it to be honest, so I said no, then they said they must have made a mistake but it looked a bit like me (but, you know, all us white folk look the same) and it was about chopsticks.
I kind of wish I'd seeb it, even though I'm pretty sure I'd be horrifically embarrassed.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I have been on American news. Standing next to my friend outside that big toy store in London (Hamlin's? Something like that) as he was interviewed about the American take over of the shop. He bluffed magnificently despite having no knowledge of the subject ("To a certain extent it's a shame, but if Yank.inc can revitalise it..."), just for the sake of getting on foreign TV.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

At comic-con i was interviewed about Deep Space Nine, and Star Trek in general.
And I was on the local BBC news a couple of times when I worked for the paper and the Youth Parliament and all that other rubbish I did because I thought it would help my CV.
I like bears.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I do a 20 minute church service for TV about once a year. I have to admit, I could used to using a teleprompter! I've done about 4 of them so far (and two on the radio while I was in Wisconsin), so I wouldn't consider myself a televangelist just yet.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Mine was neither an interview or any commercial stuff. I was on a headline news.

13 years ago while I was still at my country, I was an employee at the capital city mayor's foundation and also an administrative staff while he was running his reelection. At the campaign night, we all gathered around the square in front of the campaign headquarter with lots of crowds and I was standing right below the center stage watching big screen TV. Unfortunately my boss lost, while people were still shock about this news, there were few drunk people running up to the stage waiving wooden sticks. Don't know what I was thinking, I was not even a security guy, I was the first person running up to the stage tackling the first guy who was waving his stick. Fortunately nobody was hurt and the short brawl was down. Few hours later while we were cleaning up, I got a call from a friend who I didn't contact in 3 years, he said: "Hey! I saw you on TV news."

Actually I was on TV few times during that campaign but more like filled in the crowds besides the event above.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

• Audience member on Vanessa. Got to lift up Gail Porter. I forget why, or even if I was meant to, but most of our class got to try. Someone actually tried to run off with her.
  • Cut and threatened from Streetmate along with several friends after drunkenly attempting to get in the background of numerous shots doing hilarious things
  • Audience member on S4C's iDot (pronounced 'eee-dot boyo, see'), thrown out along with aforementioned friends after tagging "Fooking Hell" onto staged gasping in honour of the Father Ted with the sheep.
  • I'm reliably informed I was in one of the crowd shots when Hereford played Manchester United in the 1990 FA Cup, but we didn't have a video.
I'm Britain's answer to William H. Macy.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

I was on a mission trip in Peru and a local TV station had me and a few others from my group talk about what we were doing and the purpose of the trip. Was fun, but made me very nervous!
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:
  • Audience member on Vanessa. Got to lift up Gail Porter. I forget why, or even if I was meant to, but most of our class got to try. Someone actually tried to run off with her.
No wonder her hair fell out.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Audience only so far. I hope to get some additional airtime when I threaten to destroy the world with my doomsday device, though.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I was on the news in Cleveland when I was a kid when the network came to my house to do an interview with my father. There was video of us playing soccer and my brother and I sitting with my dad while he was interviewed. I even got to announce the score of Dad vs. Bro and Me as the segment ended.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Not on TV per se, but my name was read out on when I was top prize winner in a Blue Peter competition back in um... the 80's (it was acceptable at the time).

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

I was on TV at the 1999 Royal Rumble. During the Mankind vs. Rock "I quit" championship match. It was at the part where Mankind & Rock were fighting in the audience. Right before Mankind charged Rock to send him over the barricade, he pushed me aside because I was tapping tapping his shoulder. I'm the one wearing a white Raiders #26 jersey. So much fun!

Here's the video. At 4:23...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klc2eCE5 ... re=related
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I was in the local newspaper when I was in 1st grade maybe.
THAT is the closest to being on TV I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

-raises hand-

Some school advertisement, then I was asked to represent the school for some humanitarian project of rebuilding a derelict school or something. Was in Primary, though, so memory's a bit fuzzy.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Ooh, just remembered a particularly chucklesome incident (if you're a middle aged woman)
My family and I were in the background of a local news report in Cornwall, eating massive 99 ice cream cones, but my nan didn't know she was eating on screen and showed the report to her slimming group!
I like bears.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:I was in the local newspaper when I was in 1st grade maybe.
THAT is the closest to being on TV I think.
I was in a magazine in Japan too. They were interviewing my coworker and they wanted me to be in the photo with her.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

angloconvoy wrote:I was in a magazine in Japan too. They were interviewing my coworker and they wanted me to be in the photo with her.
To provide the eye candy?
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

What can I say, I was younger and prettier then.