Mass Effect 2 Question

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Mass Effect 2 Question

Post by ganon578 »

So I recently picked up Mass Effect 2 for the 360, and last night I got around to starting a game. After getting the game going, I set the fight difficulty to 'casual' since I'm not terribly adept at FPS games (until this past October I have only owned a Wii, and Metroid Prime Trilogy is about the only exposure I've had to recent FPS games).

After playing for a bit, it seemed quite simple to get through the first few skirmishes. I'm wondering if the ease of battle is due to my choice in difficulty or is it just due to the fact that this was basically a tutorial level? Will the difficulty ramp up as time goes on, or will it remain the same?

If it's going to stay the same, I plan on starting a new file under normal difficulty, since I'm not far into the game. Just curious what everyone's experience is with this. Thanks for any help!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Casual is very easy - definitely for those of us who just want to experience the story.

Normal is fairly easy too - although not really hard. If you want a challenge, I'd probably look at Veteran - not played at that level myself, but I did do Haestrom on Hardcore, and managed that OK (with a few deaths, mind).

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Up it to Normal at the very least. The casual setting is ridiculous.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Thanks for the feedback. After playing for about 45 minutes the other night, I felt like I was on autopilot just hitting buttons on occasion with no real challenge. As much as I love storylines, I want to play a game, not just watch cutscenes and tap the trigger buttons every now and then!