Lady Quickswitch is in hospital

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sheba
Protoform

Lady Quickswitch is in hospital

Post by Sheba »

Lady Quickswitch might lose eyesight, so is undergoing emergency eye surgery. :(

Let's hope it's successful and no further eyesight is lost!
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Shine

Post by Shine »

Are you talking about Lady Quick Switch who plays in the RPG here?

I'm absolutely stunned. I sincerely hope the surgery is successful, allowing her vision to be kept.
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

Shine wrote:Are you talking about Lady Quick Switch who plays in the RPG here?

I'm absolutely stunned. I sincerely hope the surgery is successful, allowing her vision to be kept.
Yes, that's who I'm talking about.

Yeah, her eyesight is already pretty bad, it was difficult for her to read a computer screen but she managed. If she lost eyesight completely it would truly suck. :(
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Sades

Post by Sades »

Must admit, I don't recall ever seeing her post, but I wish her the best.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Sades wrote:Must admit, I don't recall ever seeing her post, but I wish her the best.
:up:

My collegue had something simular the other day (ablation of the cornea), and the operation was a success, fortunately. I hope Lady Quickswitch has the same recovery.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hope that the surgery goes smoothly.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Chap at work had something in this vein... fingers crossed, with prompt action things'll work out for her too.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I hope all goes well too!
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Sades wrote:Must admit, I don't recall ever seeing her post, but I wish her the best.
She's yet to post outside of the RPG.

All the best to her.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Patricktron1979

Post by Patricktron1979 »

She's in my prayer's :angel:
No One Summons Patricktron!
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

she's had the surgery. She's waiting for her eye to heal before she can figure out whether it was a success or not.

She needs to know whether this site is available in text-only as she is trying to find a program that will read it for her because currently her eyesight is practically gone.

Also she needs to know that her characters in teh RP are being held for her because she's planning on returning as soon as possible.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Well, here's hoping it all turns out for the good in the end :up:

There are programmes out there that can cope with picking up the plain text in busy pages, but I've not followed any trends since my member of staff with special visual requirements moved to another job - and that was a few years ago now.

Tell you what: when he left the 'voice' on while he took a break and one of the team (including me) covered the switchboard, it fairly made you jump to have the extension list read out in your ear :)
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Thanks for the well-wishes and words of support guys. This has been a teffiying time, but I'm glad TFArchive is here to take my mind off of things. The surgery was successful, but there are some complications we hope will clear up without the ned of additional and moreinvasive surgery. My retina almost completely detached. I don't know what my vision will be like after all this. Still getting used to using a scsreen reader.

I'll look up BusyText. Soon I'll be back into the RPG.

Poweeader.

Join us in the RPG guys. :) Nothin's heeping me down!
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Phew, glad your surgery went well!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Glad to know that you are getting well, now - here's hoping any problems are only temporary.

:up:
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

I'd like to thank everyone here. Your kind words and patience have been wonderful when I wasn't sure if I'd ever see again. Things have been healing up over the last few months but still have a long way to go. My sight won't ever be what it was before, and I'm having to relearn how to do everything and adjust to not being able to do certain things anymore.

A warning to everyone - if you notice flashing lights, strange dark specks, funny distortions or a black curtain across your vision, run and get it checked out immediately. I didn't do that and most of my retina came off. Those symptoms are also not accompanied by any pain, and you have 24 hours before the damage is irreversible, so not long at all.
Don't mean to preach, but just hoping nobody experiences what I did.

Thanks also to everyone who was willing to talk via this forum or AIM. I had a lot of trouble with screen readers at first and just didn't feel up to talking to many people. But the thought is what counts, so thank you all for being there! :)