How much do looks matter to you?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Pick your poison

Vapid stunner
27%
Supercool but turning no heads
73%

Total votes: 15

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sixswitch wrote:Well, his Galen anyway...

</nerd>
I think you will find that on the toy release the smaller figure was named Spike. The name Galen was invented for the Marvel Headmasters series to fit the storyline and was never intended to be part of the official Hasbro release. That's going on the List Of Things Normal People Totally Think About Transformers That Are Technically Incorrect.

Now give me a free reign to be rude and humourless in the News forum and I'm there.
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

I think you'll find it was called Cerebros in Japan though. At least if I remember right. It's been a while. [/painful attempted nerdage]

As Warcry and Vanguard point out, as far as "dating" (if we're using the sort of parlance taken from a mid 90s American teen drama) goes, there has to be some form of mutual shared interest. Even if it only extends so far as "we're both pretty, let's cut this short and get it on."

Also, I can't believe I'm the only one willing to vote for the hot chick. I know you're all busy trying to put across that you're all noble and humble and would totally care more about what's on the inside and that shit, but seriously people.

Or is this some repressed "I'm sad and lonely because nobody can see my inner beauty... I'd so see their inner beauty" kick?

Not meaning to insult you all, though I think I may have done so anyway.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

&#937 wrote:Also, I can't believe I'm the only one willing to vote for the hot chick. I know you're all busy trying to put across that you're all noble and humble and would totally care more about what's on the inside and that shit, but seriously people.
I just forgot to vote. I'm too busy banging Suicide Girls to bother with that manner of thing.

Alright, so I've just voted now, but that's only because this hour's Suicide Girl is only an 8 out of 10. Her inner beauty is shining through, though, as she's perfectly happy for me to post at the same time.

A picture of a Suicide Girl is the same thing as a real Suicide Girl, right?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:I think you will find that on the toy release the smaller figure was named Spike. The name Galen was invented for the Marvel Headmasters series to fit the storyline and was never intended to be part of the official Hasbro release. That's going on the List Of Things Normal People Totally Think About Transformers That Are Technically Incorrect.
Plus Galen is more famously a monkey. We're not saying Hound is a monkey are we? I'm certainly not.
Cliffjumper wrote:I just forgot to vote. I'm too busy banging Suicide Girls to bother with that manner of thing.

By the time you've finished with them they're all suicide girls.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Looks was mentioned as important from like the second post. I know I'd have to be attracted before anything got off of the ground.

And again, assuming that base attraction I'd go with the second option. I kind of had that first sitch going on (minus the stunner bit- he wasn't THAT hot, but he was okay. Girls liked him.) and when it ended I was sooooo glad. (probably because he cheated on me more than once, but still)
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hound

Post by Hound »

angloconvoy wrote:Also, let's assume it's a hypothetical, and therefore you must go one way or the other, rather than sucking up to the missus ;) If it helps, imagine your perfect person has been split in two, one kept the looks, the other the personality. But let's assume the ugly one is, like, hollywood ugly.
I can't choose. I really have no desire to be with a person unless I'm a great deal attracted to her body and personality both.

I wouldn't choose a totally hot chick if I couldn't stand having a conversation with her and wouldn't be able to share my interests with her.

I'd like to say that looks don't matter but of course they do. As bad as I want a girl who I can enjoy talking to I want a girl that I'm physically attracted to.

I'm not going to vote, as I fortunately don't have to make that choice...
inflatable dalek

Thinking about this at work yesterday three things occured to me:

1: When Hound uses a condom, does he call it Grand Maximus instead?

2: A Fort Max style penis would basically be a grower not a shower wouldn't it? You'd start off with this tiny, easy to lose down the back of the sofa Keith Chegwin style acorn sized thing, but once you get the head in the socket it instantly becomes much more average sized, and once you're really going it's this insanely huge heavy beast that would make the eyes water just to look at it and would cause immense pain and discomfort to anyone regardless of the orifice used.

3: I should definately share these thoughts in the thread when i get back, not only because there's no one round here who's knows enough about Japanese exclusive 1980's Transformers to get the sheer genius of the Pretender shell as a condom gag, but so that the next time Hound does anything whatsoever with his Fort Max he'll be thinking of me no matter what.
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

You have spent a distressing amount of time contemplating Hound's penis.

I am concerned for you.

In a "back away slowly and call for help" way.
Sades wrote:(probably because he cheated on me more than once, but still)
Men are scum. This is why I prefer women.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I hate you Dalek...

So much...
inflatable dalek

Hound wrote:I hate you Dalek...

So much...
The best thing is, everyone who has read this thread will never be able to look at a Fort Max in the same way again. I've ruined it for everyone. In fact, that's everyone's homework for the rest of the week, to turn Fort Max into a genuine widely used euphemism through repetition.

The sad thing is, I wasted all that effort on two jokes that are impossible to repeat in any other circumstances. Which is a bugger as the Grand Maximus one is genius (even if I am being a Fort Max head for saying so).
Sades

Post by Sades »

I was just told I'm not allowed to read your posts anymore, Dalek.

I think it might have had something to do with me laughing loud enough to wake the neighbours.
ΩΩΩ

Post by ΩΩΩ »

Technically it was Grand that had a pretender shell, not Grand Maximus, but I think we're past that.
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote:I was just told I'm not allowed to read your posts anymore, Dalek.
That's how it starts, "Don't talk to your friends", then it's "Wear the clothes I like" "You don't need your own phone" and "I will wear the women's underpants in this relationship". Before long he's completely taken over your life, like some insanely over penised super villain. Hound is evil!
I think it might have had something to do with me laughing loud enough to wake the neighbours.
They'll just assume you were having some Fort Max* time.
&#937 wrote:Technically it was Grand that had a pretender shell, not Grand Maximus, but I think we're past that.
Ah, so what I need is an audience who are moderately but not intimately familiar with the ins and outs of the Maximus linage? And then I will be the new Peter Kay.

It is worth noting that many years ago we firmly established Hound is a little black girl and Sades a big beefy trucker from Texas. Theirs is not a love based on looks.

*This may seem to get very tired very quickly, but in best Little Britain tradition if I keep doing it through the boredom factor everyone will just come round to assuming it's funny.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Can we talk about something other than my penis now?

Please...
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, I agree.

Um, back on topic!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Well Hound,
1. You brought it up. (edited to insert Sid James laugh)
and
2. Probably not. Ever. I imagine before long Fort Max will have become the common euphemism around these parts, as Grand (Maximus, whatever) will have for going swimming with your cap on. And even though a lot of that disturbing imagery was indeed perpetuated by Dalek, you'll always know deep down it was all your fault.

Oh as for this:
Also, I can't believe I'm the only one willing to vote for the hot chick. I know you're all busy trying to put across that you're all noble and humble and would totally care more about what's on the inside and that shit, but seriously people.

Or is this some repressed "I'm sad and lonely because nobody can see my inner beauty... I'd so see their inner beauty" kick?
If the question had been "who would you rather have a one night stand with?" I would absolutely be voting for the stunner, I just think looks aren't as important as personality when it comes to forming a relationship. Remember again, I said, plain. Plain isn't ugly. Plain is average, which by definition encompasses most people in the world. Also remembering that beauty is somewhat subjective, I don't think most people who said cool but plain are trying to appear noble or humble. Most of them have just been around the block enough times to know which is actually the more important.

If I talk honestly and plainly, I can say I've had plenty of girlfriends who were objectively stunning. I've also had plenty of girlfriends who were objectively quite plain, but whom I found very beautiful nonetheless. I've also had cases where I wasn't initially physically attracted to a person but that as I got to know them a physical attraction developed. Oh yeah, I've also had girlfriends I considered quite plain, but whom everyone else told me were stunning. If you don't consider what's on the inside, you're on a loser from the start. In the middle of a slanging match even the most beautiful person can look ugly. Best to be with someone you won't have so much conflict with.*

Not to mention, I'm way more beautiful on the outside, so I don't really want people to be looking too hard at my inner "beauty" :D

*Though that argument does seem to fall apart when you consider make-up sex.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Hound wrote:Can we talk about something other than my penis now?
For a 'little black girl'™ you should be mighty proud though, right?

This is why I missed TFArchive. Picking on Hound! :clap::clap::clap:
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm going to ban all of you bastards!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Cliffjumper wrote:I think you will find that on the toy release the smaller figure was named Spike. The name Galen was invented for the Marvel Headmasters series to fit the storyline and was never intended to be part of the official Hasbro release. That's going on the List Of Things Normal People Totally Think About Transformers That Are Technically Incorrect.

Now give me a free reign to be rude and humourless in the News forum and I'm there.
Yes, but I don't GIVE a SHIT about the TOY release. Comic s is teh best incanration of Tansformers and you kno NOTHING!

</nerd rage>

Anyway, to answer the question: Personality every time. Of course, both is ideal, but you have to live with this person on an ongoing basis, so you definitely need to be able to talk and discuss things.

I also agree with Mr Convoy in that someone who might seem 'plain' on first meeting/knowing them can become more attractive to you as you get to know them.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Looks are all that matter once you bend her mind to your will....
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper