Latest DVD Purchases

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Just got Fantastic Beasts Steelbook Edition.
Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Assassin's Creed Steelbook Edition.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Neverending Story: 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray
The Dark Crystal Blu-Ray
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Blu-Ray
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack Blu-Ray

Up on deck:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Blu-Ray
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Every other season of The Sopranos I needed to complete the series (about four). And it cost pennies, man... Pennies!

Flavour of the month really is true when it comes to boxsets!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract - I imagine it's based on the comic arc of the same name but with the changes you'd expect from the from DC Comics' animated movies.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

The Magnificent Seven remake starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt, which i found rather cheap.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Arrival and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter from JB HiFi during a 'Buy One Get One Free' promotion.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Are any of the Resident Evil sequels any good? I have the first one and I really like that, but haven't heard anything positive about the sequels...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I love the first two Resident Evil movies. They flow together pretty well. The wheels really come off on the third one, although I got the feeling when it came out, it was meant to be the last one. The real problem, for me, is that the third one veers into wanting to be a mix of Resident Evil and Day of the Dead, which means we wind up with an average, though beautifully shot, zombie movie with Resident Evil beats. Afterlife and Retribution are okay, but part of their problem is they have to deal with the post-Extinction fallout.

But now I can find out what the plan for RE3 was, as my old DVD copy of Extinction had zip for special features, because I got Resident Evil- The Complete Collection on Blu-Ray.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

The first two are the best. The rest get steadily poorer as they go.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Logan in a steelbook, which also included Logan: Noir, which is a black and white version of the movie.
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

I may/may not have mentioned this before, but I really want the animated STAR TREK series and THE MIGHTY HEROES series DVDs ssssoooo bad.
:devil: Image :angel:
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever - The mini-movie epilogue that finished up the mid-2000's Ninja Turtles cartoon, which I actually haven't watched yet.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Arcadia of My Youth on blu-ray.

Which of course my busted region A player refuses to play. First I got the menu animation but not the actual menu and on the second attempt the damn thing refused to load. My BD-ROM at least plays it but the tray is busted, it takes a dozen attempts to get it to close.

Guess I'll be looking into replacing or repairing the player next month at last.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The 70's Wonder Woman!

A really fun show of the sort that frequently verges on being quite bad. Probably a masterclass in how you can get away with a lot on TV if your leads are likeable, and Lynda Carter is incredibly charming.

For a 70's show set in the 40's with a female lead it actually avoids any real sexism, beauty pageant episode aside (mainly because Steve, up till that point someone who treats his secretary in a professional and respectful way, suddenly starts coming out with stuff like "You can't go undercover here, we need someone who looks good in a bathing suit!" and "I wonder if Wonder Woman can cook?").

Wonder Woman having a speech every episode about the awesomness of womanhood might be a bit on the nose, but it's actually quite endearing and sadly probably still necessary.

Mind, I understand that the switch to the '70's in generally awful (though the episode where it happens in the main thing I remember from a--ITV?--repeat run back when I was a kid).

And Steve Trever should clearly be the name of the actor and Lyle Waggoner the character.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

A while back I picked up Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition on Bluray. For $13, it was a good deal - came with the Bluray, DVD, and Digital HD. It's an OK movie; I think it gets a worse rap than really needed. Too long though.

And prior to that I had snagged Rogue One on Bluray, preceded quite some time ago by TMNT: Out of the Shadows, if I hadn't posted that one way back when. Both of these are pretty stellar, IMO.

A week-ish ago VUDU had a sale going on, so I picked up a digital HD bundle of Green Lantern and Watchmen for cheap. I'm halfway through Green Lantern and it isn't as bad as I remember. Maybe I just haven't hit the really bad parts yet. Not much too it, though. Maybe that's why people didn't really care for it.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I bought the Lego Batman Movie - it came with a free mask and a wonder woman tattoo!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I have the Beauty & The Beast remake on Blu Ray and packaged in a steelbook.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I also have the Lego Batman Movie on blu-ray in packaged in a steelbook.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Beetlejuice on blu-ray - never seen this one, apart from a bit of the ending I caught on TV once and remember very little of, apart from some kind of a human high striker - and Jewel of the Nile on blu-ray, which I have seen but I'm pretty sure the last time was when the year number started with a 1 and again remember very little of. The only bit I do remember is a wingless jet plane driving into a sandstorm.