[Message for snavej / discussion of alt IDs]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I once considered using an alt ID. But then I decided to go with a Binaltech one instead. Mmm, diecast...
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can take my lumps on the whole TBH, I'm just likely to respond in kind.

This person is not part of the community but is merely using the mechanisms of the board to try and pursue a vendetta. They do not matter, they do not count. They have no right to be treated within the rules of the board.

This person does not deserve to be treated with any sort of respect or courtesy due to their cowardice, that's the way I see it. Sorry if it causes a problem.
Denyer wrote:Keeping it out of thread titles is a start.
Acknowledged, though I'd point to extrenuating circumstances.
inflatable dalek wrote: Oh, and break Cliffy's fingers, natch.
Goes without saying.
Denyer wrote:I don't think you can really call that harassment.
Me either. I can (and have) called it a whole load of other stuff, though.
inflatable dalek wrote:The intent seems to be specifically to get cliffy banned/suspended
Which is silly, I can do that myself (and will take whatever action comes my way as a result of my principles and actions in good cheer).
Denyer wrote: Bloody hell, the last one was from 2006.
Herein lies the source of my irritation. Putting aside that snavej is a moron and whether I'm out of line or not (though the Bowspearer thread features several people flaming and oddly I was the only one reported; I have a feeling this guy's masturbating while writing bad fanfics about me being tortured or something), it's a complete misuse of the system as I'd have had my fingers broken six years ago. It's not even like the snavej account is even really current.

For what it's worth I regret the way this situation has put the rest of the staff in an awkward position.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm going with my default solution and suggest we ban everyone.

Remember that it's only the rest of the staff that keeps me from doing it...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: Which is silly, I can do that myself (and will take whatever action comes my way as a result of my principles and actions in good cheer).
Yeah, if you're going to have (another) crazy stalker this is the guy you want. A slightly crap attempt to get you into trouble for things said and done and dusted (and likely forgotten about by everyone involved) is amazingly inept. Though him being rubbish at being a stalkery loon shouldn't really excuse it.

(though the Bowspearer thread features several people flaming and oddly I was the only one reported; I have a feeling this guy's masturbating while writing bad fanfics about me being tortured or something)
I'd forgotten Bowspearer, he was the one who thought once having told Furman he was a large predatory bird or some such made his opinion more authentic than everyone else's wasn't it? And told a mod via MSN that he was leaving FOREVER.... before slinking back awkwardly to shill his stuff in the trade forum.

I don't think I've read the Rock stuff before despite having heard about it (all I need is Jeff Steele explained now, I keep asking and people just go "It's spelt JEFF STEELE" in response). I think this:
Archive authority figures are soooooooooooooo annoying sometimes.
should be the site motto. His little character profiles for each mod of the time is quite funny as well, though what he means by calling Sadie an "Abuser" I've no idea.

Hound wrote:I'm going with my default solution and suggest we ban everyone.

Remember that it's only the rest of the staff that keeps me from doing it...
If Hound is has the power to ban everyone, I so should as well. just to get in there first.

EDIT: And it's a ****ing disgrace no one has given Rack'N'Ruin appropriate love for his joke. You people sicken me.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ha, I'd completely forgotten about Rock. He was the stuff of legends when I first signed up.
Cliffjumper wrote:For what it's worth I regret the way this situation has put the rest of the staff in an awkward position.
Awkward? Honestly it seems like a straightforward "everyone point and laugh at the pathetic e-stalker" moment than anything else. Though I'm a little upset that you called him on it because now we'll never know how long he would have kept up his crusade for.

Though I can see why people would think that calling him out with a sweary rant wasn't the best way to handle things.
inflatable dalek wrote:I don't think I've read the Rock stuff before despite having heard about it (all I need is Jeff Steele explained now, I keep asking and people just go "It's spelt JEFF STEELE" in response).
http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=45694
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Fun random thing, BTW - if you search for naughty words you actually get a load of asterisks for posts from a few years ago (e.g. if you search for the F-word you'll get posts containing "****", "****ing" and so on); I'm guessing some old build of the board actually retained what the words were instead of actively converting them to *s or something. It doesn't seem to do it anymore as hardly any of my posts are on there.

Regarding snavej I think his pathetic life is probably a better punishment than anything any of us can devise... Regarding his later editing of old posts I get that the edit marks make it obvious*, it's more just a baffling thing to do. It's not like he's, I dunno, editing in insults or whatever, he's just continuing his arguments without actually drawing any attention to it. It's like he thinks he's winning the debate by going back in secret and furthering his point in a fashion that's unlikely to draw any bothersome countering.

* = talking of this, checking something ages ago I noticed Aardvark has edited updated commentary into some of his old posts, which is really cool - it's like having special features on a topic or something. I miss Aardy :(
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Cliffjumper wrote: Regarding snavej I think his pathetic life is probably a better punishment than anything any of us can devise... Regarding his later editing of old posts I get that the edit marks make it obvious*, it's more just a baffling thing to do. It's not like he's, I dunno, editing in insults or whatever, he's just continuing his arguments without actually drawing any attention to it. It's like he thinks he's winning the debate by going back in secret and furthering his point in a fashion that's unlikely to draw any bothersome countering.(
'cause editing arguments from many years ago then checking back and finding that no one rebutted your point = AUTOMATIC WIN!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:I once considered using an alt ID. But then I decided to go with a Binaltech one instead. Mmm, diecast...
You win the thread!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Warcry wrote: Though I'm a little upset that you called him on it because now we'll never know how long he would have kept up his crusade for.
This.

Haha, Rock. I was AWOL for that I think, and when I got back I was like "WTF are you guys talking about?"

Seeing the UBB makes me miss it. Yes, I still miss the UBB. :(
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Alt-IDs you say?
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS