Footballing doom

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Rack 'n Ruin

Footballing doom

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

My club, Ipswich Town, is bottom of the Championship. We haven't won at home since March. Yes, March. We score so rarely OG is nearly our top scorer. In fact, I bet there are nuns that score more often than us. We've just "parted company" with our manager, Paul Jewell. Seemingly nice, dedicated bloke, but couldn't get us playing. We have 8 (vidiprinter EIGHT) loanees and one short term contract player in the first team picture. Things are looking bleak. Really bleak. And then we go looking for a new manager and interview...

ALAN BLOODY SHEARER!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
WHY FOOTBALLING GODS, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Useless, dull, smug, unimaginative, hugely egocentric twat of a man! Why??? If he is appointed, I may just give up supporting Town altogether. I can't take it any more. Someone suggest something I can do to take my mind off the horror.

To steal a phrase a great ex-player of ours once aimed towards the thought of a night out with his then manager, George Burley... Shearer as ITFC manager? I'd rather stick my cock in a blender!

:down: :nonono: :sick: :(
Wreck and Rule!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You lot do seem to have unremittingly crap choice in managers.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Who would you like to see in the hotseat Rack?
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Well, I was in favour of Owen Coyle, but since my rant we've appointed Mick McCarthy. While not a manager I'd have chosen originally, I am warming to the idea. He is very experienced, and frankly he will need to draw on all his experience and expertise to sort out the various malcontents who pick up ITFC pay slips claiming they are pro footballers (Michael Chopra, I'm looking at you). MMc seems like a decent enough chap, so he has my (and I'm sure most other ITFC fans) full backing now. We can't afford any in-fighting with the situation we are in (bottom of the table).

As for footballing woes, you're a Rangers fan, aren't you? I guess the problems you've had over tha last year makes most other clubs' problems seem minor. How's the season going?
Wreck and Rule!
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Its been pretty brutal but tbh Im just letting it pass me by.
My ex has stopped me seeing my kids for over a month so I have a bit of Kramer vs Kramer lying ahead and everything else just seems like white noise in the background.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Sorry to hear that, martyboy. I hope things work out soon.
Wreck and Rule!