Quick bit of ebay help

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Quick bit of ebay help

Post by Cliffjumper »

On my DVD binge I got a copy of Industrial Symphony No.1. And I do mean a copy - DVD-R, not particularly nice printed cover, etc.

Now, before I go yelling at the seller is there anything I've missed that screams 'pirate' that I missed?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0971694641

Because for basically $20 after shipping I'm mildly irritated (the cover doesn't even look as good as the one in the picture; the texture just isn't there, it's murky black... TBH it's not even a nicely put together custom), because I could have done that myself. I realise a certain amount of coyness is required for that sort of thing and I'm really not 100% sure if it's ever had a standalone DVD release (so dunno whether that should have tipped me off I don't know).
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

"New: An item that is still in its original shrink wrap from the manufacturer and the original manufacturer’s seal (if applicable) has not been removed."

There's the jugular. Go for that.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

He advertizes it as "New: An item that is still in its original shrink wrap from the manufacturer and the original manufacturer’s seal (if applicable) has not been removed.", so I don't think sending a shoddy home copy is acceptable. I'd say you're in the right to be upset.

EDIT: Halfshell, you so fast!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wicked, cheers chaps :) Looking at his feedback there's positives for the thing before. Huh, guess I'll message and see what he says.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Only giveaway is that his other feedback's things like "Great that someone has archived this" for ancient (and AFAIK unreleased) Bowie material.

With this one he's behind the times -- it was apparently put out on something called the Lime Green Set around 2008, and a 2-disc release a couple of years after.

I can ask a friend if he's got either, if it's any help.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I saw the Bowie stuff in the feedback but crucially didn't have a proper look at the other items to see if it was all unreleased. The feedback threw me for the most part - from looking at similar stuff even if you straight-up say "this is a homemade copy" there's always someone who posts complaining about said fact yet it's perfect.

Was tempted by the Lime box but the rest of it really is a bit too much for me. If you are able to find out if the films are individually boxed (so I could move on The Grandmother and the other stuff) that would be cool. Like I say I'm more annoyed I ended up spending so much on something I could have done myself. At the same time I've got it now and transatlantic returning seems like a ton of hassle.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Is it definitely a copy of the DVD, or an old transfer from the VHS?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Dunno, not watched it yet; I am 75% sure I've got a DIVX somewhere as I've seen it recently-ish.