What's your relationship status now?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Sades wrote:Sixteen weeks or something thereof... At one point about a week and a half ago, Hound got all sweet and stuff and said "You're going to be a mommy!"

I returned with "... and you're a mother****er!"
I'm so bad at keeping in touch.

Congratulations both :)
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Sades wrote:Sixteen weeks or something thereof... At one point about a week and a half ago, Hound got all sweet and stuff and said "You're going to be a mommy!"

I returned with "... and you're a mother****er!"
http://wavs.unclebubby.com/wav/MOVIES/D ... ul_dh3.wav
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Single, though to be fair I am only now about the same age most of you were when I first got here.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Single. Got to say, talking to a bunch of married guys I teach today made me appreciate that it's better to stay single until someone who's decently in synch with you comes along. Those guys talk like they're on work release from prison. I kid you not, one guy said he dreams of being able to spend just one day in an internet cafe watching movies and dicking about by himself.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Single.
I'll probably be single and alone for the rest of my life. Like Captian Kirk said: "I've always known that I'll die alone." I've learned to accept that.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

it goes faster than you think...

it onlz takes a "yes", one night and a move to China to come from "double income, no kids" to " married to an unemployed, pregnant woman" ...

... she so loves being an expat wife... no plans for an own job
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Sades

Post by Sades »

I went to where Hound was living in September of 2011, was engaged by November, and married by March 2012. So, yeah... it can happen faster than you think.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sades wrote:Married and pregnant. As usual, it's Hound's fault.
I don't really interact much with either of you, but I've been seven years on this tiny site so all of you seem familiar anyway. Congrats and also know that this is the most adorable goddamn thing ever.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

tahukanuva wrote:Congrats and also know that this is the most adorable goddamn thing ever.
Did you have a baby yet? If not, try that again, if you have a 3 weeks old baby which somehow likes sleeping in day more than at night and likes crying every hour and you seem helpless to stop the crying and you have to go to work every day.

Sades, all the best, hope your's is more livable with than our's at this time. My wife at least has been in tears not only once due to overwhelming lack of sleep and feel of being a bad mother...
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Sades wrote:I went to where Hound was living in September of 2011, was engaged by November, and married by March 2012. So, yeah... it can happen faster than you think.
Wow, I didn't realize you guys were so complete so fast - congrats! :clap::afro::cheers: Concurrence about the fast; was living with "Mys Baby" within two months, engaged in less than four... Now married seven and a half years, kids aged five years and four+ months....
Sades

Post by Sades »

Thanks peeps. :wave:

Addl- There are times when I'm scared shitless tbh, but once the rugrat is born we're going to stay with my parents awhile and I'm going to be taking advantage of my mother's expertise for a few months (for about as long as I can stand being at home/they can stand having me). Beyond that, my best friend has two kids of her own and I know a bunch of women who've already gone this road, so hopefully we won't run short of people we can call when we don't know how to get ours to stop screaming either. :/

There's a bunch of websites specifically for women with new babies with forums and stuff that you can read- it helps when you've got a problem and find out that other people have had the exact same problem. You feel less alone/might possibly find a solution to whatever problem you're having, that sort of thing.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Addl wrote:Sades, all the best, hope your's is more livable with than our's at this time. My wife at least has been in tears not only once due to overwhelming lack of sleep and feel of being a bad mother...
From what I gather from a colleague being mothered by older women in the office, three weeks is probably too soon but ultimately just let the kid get used to being on its own and wait it out. Giving it a parental jumper for the scent is also recommended.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Ja, we also read a lot in different forums the past weeks, but still being on your own in a different culture and all friends / family who could assist you half around the world away does not make it easier.

The jumper / sleeper cloth is good idea, but she cries even when wie try any position to lay her down, feeding, etc. It is not just the lack of parental closeness.

... now she is sleeping next to me, oh joy :-)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

To be honest, it's probably going to take at least another month before she stops crying any time she's aware she's not being held and/or fed, and another month after that to get used to the idea that the food and the attention are coming back and get into a bit of a routine.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Looks like the royal family are jumping on your bandwagon and knocking out a little sprog of their own. Prince William obviously badly wants to be Hound.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

inflatable dalek wrote:Looks like the royal family are jumping on your bandwagon and knocking out a little sprog of their own. Prince William obviously badly wants to be Hound.
Or maybe Hound IS Prince William, and Sades is Kate! Dun dun durrrrrr!
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

That's harsh on hound's hair.
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

What's Your Relationship Status Now?

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

I am single...for right now.
:devil: Image :angel:
Dinobot#1

Post by Dinobot#1 »

Complicated because my ex-girlfriend thinks were still together but we aren't :mad:
Looking for Beast wars/ Beast machines pm me if you've got any.