Need to learn to drive

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, TBH everywhere I've been since adulthood has been foot friendly and generally trains and buses run well here. It's only now I've decided I have to be a getaway driver that I need a licence.

Actually, I don't, do I? I just need a car.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Actually, that makes me wonder...what do people use as identification in countries where most folk don't have a driver's licence? Where I live, "ID" is synonymous with your driver's licence and it's very, very difficult to get any other form of ID without one (my non-driving wife needed to jump through a million hoops to get her passport, whereas I basically just showed the passport office my licence and filled out the forms).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Passport (fairly ubiquitous and relatively easy to have over here, apart from when parents don't trust muppet-like offspring with an expensive-to-replace document). And I do have one of the massive old paper provisional driving licences.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Warcry- you don't have provincial ID in Manitoba? That's what I had in the years prior to having my learner's license, that along with my treaty card and I was set for ID.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

BOOM

Driving test: passed!
I like bears.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

well done, I passed mine back in November :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sweet. I passed mine the time after an examiner failed to turn up, and it was the same bloke scheduled for both, so have never been quite sure if he was being lenient... but I've learnt to drive properly since then...
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

That's quite a necro we just created.
On topic, I don't really have the need to get a license. Everything's within walking distance for me, so I guess that's all that's stopping me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Cliffjumper wrote: Too much GP2/GTA.
**** I am petrified for the same reason. Waited to long to get it and now I am scared that I will drive like I do in games. It is actual a legitimate fear I have and is the only thing keeping me from driving the car I had gifted to me. I feel like a prick for not using it.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Blaster wrote:It is actual a legitimate fear I have and is the only thing keeping me from driving the car I had gifted to me. I feel like a prick for not using it.
You are.

There is nothing to your fear. Get in the car and drive and you will see that you will in fact be VERY carefull and drive unsure if you have no practice.
This talk about getting a tick and behaving like Rambo on the road is nonsense.

Practice. The only way to get self assurance.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I used to think that before I actually got behind the wheel of a car, but actually the experience is so different, it doesn't really compare. I would actually say I can drive a real car better than I can one in a game.
I like bears.