It's been TEN years!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Weirdwolf and Monzo

It's been TEN years!

Post by Weirdwolf and Monzo »

...Since I last posted here. Wow.

I don't even know how it popped into my head, I'm having a bit of insomnia at the moment so I came downstairs and just started surfing. I got to thinking of all the old Transformer websites I used to frequent on a regular-semi regular basis. The old TransFans.com site (which I think it's not even around anymore the way it was as I remember it), and I remembered this board. Browsed this way and it's still going, which is awesome. I can't believe I even remembered my login info! :lol:

Just wondering if there's still anyone posting that remembers me from here? I believe I used to talk with Sir Auros and Brendocon a bit, are you guys still active? If so, do you still collect?

Me, I'm still into the hobby, been going strong without ceasing for the last 13 years. A lot's happened, though, I had over 2,000 figures back in early 07 and sold off down to <200, rebuilt up until almost 1,000 again, sold off again in 10 down to <100. It was about a year later my now ex-wife and I split and I sold off again to pay some bills I got stuck with. Fast forward to this year, and I had a decent-sized Brave collection and recently had to sell it off to pay for my wedding to my new wife, Jenna. She and I met about a year ago, 1 year to the day, actually, from me catching my ex wife cheating. Must have been destiny. :lol: While she has absolutely ZERO interest in my hobby, she at least "gets" it and actually likes how much I enjoy it. Good woman, IMO. She's been by my side through a lot already. At the moment, I'm currently recovering from a major tractor trailer accident I was in back in April. Early in the morning, I was driving and got fatigued, nodded, and drove all 18 wheels off of a bridge in rural eastern Kentucky. The drop-off was about 45 feet and my partner and I escaped right before the truck exploded. There was nothing left, and fortunately no one perished in the accident. I suffered a broken arm in 2 places, numerous cuts, and now have severe PTSD and anxiety when driving, especially at night. Not fun. Out of work rehabbing at the moment, still have a surgery to go on my elbow to remove loose bone fragments, and after that I should be able to go find a new job. Lord knows I don't want to drive a semi again even if I could physically do it. Money was good (about $1000 USD /wk) but no job is worth risking my own and other's lives for. I'm so thankful that my new wife is helpful and supportive of me in this trying time of my life. I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through what I have without her caring nature. But enough about that, back to TF's...

My collection is around 150-200 figures now, finally displaying them in Ikea Detolfs like I've always wanted (as opposed to on cheap bookshelves like I used to). I do mainly G1s that are really special to me, Masterpieces, and Classics/3rd Party items that catch my eye. Still on the lookout for my next Yuusha Brave item too, like a Great Goldran.

I've been doing a Transformers podcast for about 3 years now, and while we're still relatively small, I enjoy doing it, as do the guys and gals that are part of the show with me. We started out doing it for GeekExistence.com, but since they did away with their association with toy collecting, we recently started our own website to give the podcast a new home.

Really taking an interest in photography the last couple of years, and doing a lot of self-teaching and learning from peers who enjoy the same. Hoping to get better equipment soon, and take even better photos. I've attached an example of one of my photos I've done recently. Hope you guys like it, if so, I'd be happy to start a thread and post more.

I have no idea why I stopped coming here, though I suspect it was mainly due to sticking to TFW2K5 and not spreading myself so thin on other boards. It's really good to know that some of my "old stomping grounds" are still around after all these years. I'll try and come around more often. Hope some of my old friends are still about, and I do apologize for being absent for so long. Hope all is well.
Attachments
IDW_Impactor.jpg
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

I do believe I remember your name. You were on the RPG at one time, weren't you? :)

We still got it going, but the old game is winding down. Got us a brand new shiny universe if the rp bug bites you. ;)
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Ah yeah, I do remember RPG'ing a bit back in the day. Not so much on it any more, guess my taste in that part of the fandom waned a long time ago. :( My god, I was 28 the last time I posted on here, I'm pushing 40 now. *dies from mid-life crisis* :o
Astrotrain99
Protoform

Post by Astrotrain99 »

10 years? *looks in the mirror*

Came over from Facebook to see how long it had been for me. 9/1/2003 for me. I still remember the old Transfans/TFArchive board invasions. :cool:

Astrotrain trips: Come take a cruse of the lovely planet of Char, er... ok, maybe not that lovely.
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Astrotrain99 wrote:10 years? *looks in the mirror*

Came over from Facebook to see how long it had been for me. 9/1/2003 for me. I still remember the old Transfans/TFArchive board invasions. :cool:
Wow man, this is awesome. I think some folk may think hell has frozen over already! LOL

Oh man, your sig, A-Train. I remember it so well!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I definitely wasn't on here the last time you posted! I joined in '07 when I got back into collecting. Good to see you back, regardless if we've never met nor chatted!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Hi Weirdwolf!

I remember you, I was using the name Windcharger back then, but I also remember seeing your name on other boards (TFW, Seibertron etc). I don't think Sir Auros has been around for a while, which is a shame... but there are plenty of good articles by him still on this site (in terms of the interviews he did with Activision for the Transformers movie games, and the pics of his toy collection).

Brendocon is around on Transfans I think. Good to see you again anyway :)

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Thanks for the welcome back, guys. I do intend to hang around more now, I promise. :halo: lol

I remember seeing you, Windcharger! :) I'm still on TFW, just getting out a bit more.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

BACK IN THE CUPBOARD ALL OF YOU!

I'll lock the door behind us.
Jim

Post by Jim »

I'm still hoping NISMOJOE makes a reappearance. He comes and goes on AIM every once in awhile. I think he's off in the gaming world more these days, especially when he seems to be top gamer when you search his handle. I miss playing endless hours of Starcraft. :-X

Hi all. ^_^
StoneCold Skywarp

Jim wrote:I'm still hoping NISMOJOE makes a reappearance. He comes and goes on AIM every once in awhile. I think he's off in the gaming world more these days, especially when he seems to be top gamer when you search his handle. I miss playing endless hours of Starcraft. :-X

Hi all. ^_^
that anyone still uses AIM at all always astounds me. I log on occasionally but mostly by accident.

Jim. 'sup
Weirdwolf and Monzo

OMG, AIM. I don't remember the last time I used it. I remember Pretender Bumblebee and I used to chat on it daily, then we both started dropping off more and more. Lost touch with him over time, I miss our chats still. Not sure if PB is still even in the fandom. I think I started using AIM less mostly when I got off of MySpace and went to Facebook.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I remember you.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I rermember you! All this AIM talk makes me nostalgic. I never really use any instant messaging apart from Line these dasys.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I have no idea who any of the people in this thread are.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Hound

Post by Hound »

Dalek is such a newb!

I always love it when some of the old folk wander back in after a long absence. Makes me feel like less of a geek for sticking with the hobbly and this place for the 13+ years it's been since I found this place and started collecting as an adult.

As for what I've been up to, I married Saysadie and moved to Canada. We've been married about a year and a half now and have a 6 month old little girl named Olivia.

Still collecting. I sold off a good third of my collection a couple years back. Not really needing the money or space, I just decided that a good chunk of my TFs were toys I really didn't care much for anymore. I really have no idea how many toys I have though. I couldn't even guess.

I imagine my wife will wander in to say hi too sometime soon so I'll just say welcome back all of you...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Sades

Post by Sades »

You married me? Nuh uh homeboi. I married you.

Er, or something. Anyway!

Holy shit, you're all alive!

:wave:

WWAM, don't almost-die anymore. It's not good for your health.

There's a baby! *holds her up, Lion King style* One of many, but this one's mine.

And his ^ , but mostly MIIIINE. She is my Squishy.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Weirdwolf and Monzo

Holy moly, saysadie and Hound are still around!? Congrats, you two! :) I remember both of you, and oddly enough, saysadie's "Thwacking Stick"--though I don't recall the context, just the phrase. :lol:

Wow, almost didn't expect to see so many familiar faces still around. The fact two board members are married to each other now is awesome. I think a couple on TFW did the same thing, unless that's you two. :p

Congats also on the little one!
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

I still have the photos of you old folk, which we used to put up on members page muahahahaha!

.... even you monzo

*Somehow plans to inegrate these pictures into a master plan to enslave everyone*
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
StoneCold Skywarp

Addl wrote:*Somehow plans to inegrate these pictures into a master plan to enslave everyone*
That shouldn't be too difficult for you ;)

:wave: