What TV shows are you watching thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Re: What TV shows are you watching thread.

Post by Scotimus Prime »

anyone watched the Watchmen series yet?
elverimp
Protoform

Post by elverimp »

Just finished Season 3 of Stranger Things.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've watched the first 2 episodes of Watchmen. Seems interesting and a neat premise, be interesting to see where it goes. A bit early to tell at the moment.
elverimp
Protoform

Post by elverimp »

I heard that its good. Since the Game of Thrones ended, I hardly watch any HBO show.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've been watching Motherland, which is a hoot. Best sitcom I've since...This Country. And Mum.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've been watching on Netflix the old TMNT show that was CGI and not all horribly stylized like the newer show. The voice acting is great and it's really funny and not as focused on a big long over-arcing plot so episodes are easy to just watch occasionally without having to keep track of a big plot. It makes me laugh and it scratches the nostalgia itch while also being a million times better than the original.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Late to the party, but watched the first two and a bit (before Netflix started struggling with my Wi-Fi) episodes of Hannibal and now I want to dress like Hannibal. How does he find the time to kill and eat people and buy such snazzy suits?
inflatable dalek

Not technically TV, but also been introduced to the Buzzfeed Unsolved YouTube channel. Which is my favourite sort of trash viewing in that the ghost hunting is ridiculous and OTT and not even remotely convincing but at the same time it's great fun and there's some interesting real history in there.
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:11 pm Not technically TV, but also been introduced to the Buzzfeed Unsolved YouTube channel. Which is my favourite sort of trash viewing in that the ghost hunting is ridiculous and OTT and not even remotely convincing but at the same time it's great fun and there's some interesting real history in there.
That last bit is the same reason I like watching cooking programs and YouTube videos that re-create recipes from like the 1700s, or cook and serve an entire medieval feast using ovens, utensils etc that are based on stuff from the same period (usually while dressed in period clothing for extra larp).
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'm currently watching the ending to an animated movie called The Transformers: The Movie from 1986. It's still a damn good movie.
inflatable dalek

Got the Animated Star Trek on blu ray for Christmas and have been working through it. It's got a Gorn that 5000% more convincing than the one in Enterprise.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'm currently watching the following:
Doctor Who series 12
Arrow season 8
The Flash season 6
Supergirl season 5
DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 5
Black Lightening season 3
Batwoman season 1
Impact Wrestling 2020 season

Shows upcoming that I plan on watching when or if they become available and/or when I get the money to watch them:
Stargirl season 1
Star Trek: Picard season 1
Star Trek: Discovery season 3
Watchmen season 1
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I finally finished watching 'The Trail Of Christine Keeler', a 6 part drama from the BBC. I enjoyed it, but it's one of those irritating dramas that tells you things you need to know in flashback, as it goes along. I like it reframing Christine and Steven Ward's stories to make you re-evaluate a massive political scandal. Performances were all great.

Friday Night Dinner has also come back for it's sixth series. A largely unsung comedy great on our screens.

And I've also been giving Batwoman a go. Enjoying the two episodes I've watched, although the dialogue is very exposition heavy. I think that, like the comics, the business with Alice and Kate Kane's dad is going to over-ride the protagonist. I hope it steps away from the comics making everything about these relationships - complicated and interesting though they are - to tell some different stories with her.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Watched The Mandalorian some time ago. It was enjoyable, but I don't know if it's something you need to see. For a live action show, it's pretty good. It's Star Wars, but not earth shattering. The Child is cute as hell though.

Also continuing The Clone Wars, simply because we watched the other 6 seasons. It's OK. Seems like a lot of the first two arcs could have been condensed into 2 episodes each instead of 4 each. Hopefully this will ramp up soon.

Watched the entirety of Tiger King. I wouldn't say it's good, I wouldn't say it's trash. It's... strange. At least it's entertaining though.

We're watching Season 4 of Nailed It. I like the host, and it's something easy to watch that's just fun.

And last, but definitely not least, we are watching Lego Masters. The kids really like it so far, and it's great to have a competition show where the teams are actually sad to see the other teams leave. Competitive, but in a great way. I think it really shows our kids how you can want to win, but not in a mean way. Even if you lose, that's OK if you did your best to compete.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

I've also been watching Lego Masters. The first episode, where all the builds were pushed together, made it hard to see where one ended and another began during the judging, so I was unsure how I'd like the rest of the series. But, I've liked the rest, especially the bridge challenge where they ran out of weights on the first team and had to use equipment from the crew until it became unsafe to add any more weight.

Everyone was surprised that the married couple who didn't use any Technics manged to hold the half ton. From what I could see, they were maybe the only team to have multiple supports spanning from one side of the bridge to the other, perpendicular to the road. My guess is this helped stop the sides of the bridge from moving apart from each other. Since it's much easier to separate Legos by angling them apart instead of pulling them straight apart, stopping that lateral movement helped with the structural integrity more than all the non-orthogonal supports other teams used.

The impressiveness of the builds is slightly dampened by the amount of sorted bricks they have available. I'd like to see a challenge where each team is given one of the Lego Classic sets you find at the store, and told to build whatever. Though, I doubt that'll be the finale.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I only wish on Lego Masters that they would show more tricks on how to build certain aspects of the creators's builds. There's a whole slew of techniques these people use, and it would be interesting to see how it works. There's always internet research you can do, but a small tidbit of how to do these things on the show would be nice.
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

There's been a few times when Lego Masters explained some things, like SNOT = Studs Not On Top. Explaining more advanced stuff would probably go over the heads of people watching who aren't already super into Legos. They're hoping the show gets more people to buy bricks, so they don't want to intimidate people. Anyone who would like an depth analysis of building techniques is probably already buying lots of Legos anyway, so not really the target audience.

The original British version of Taskmaster is on Youtube. 5 comedians are assigned a series of tasks, such as draw a picture by walking with a GPS device tracking your path, make a Swedish man blush, or make a large block of ice disappear. Their results are judged by a 6th comedian. There was a U.S. season a couple years ago which I liked, so I'm glad to have more.

I've also been liking Dispatches From Elsewhere. It's hard to explain without spoilers. A sad sack gets himself into something weird, then has to figure out what he's gotten himself into. The credits mention it being based on a documentary called The Institute, so I watched that. In retrospect, I'd've waited until after the season finished since the film does answer some questions from the first several episodes.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Have just finished season 3 of Ozark which is a stellar little show.
Quarantine means I've also watched season 3 of Jessica Jones (at last), Deadman Wonderland, Tiger King, Locke & Key, season 1 of Kingdom (zombie apocalypse, Korean style, what's not to love) and The Witcher.
Which makes it sound like I've done nothing but binge TV shows :glance:
Last edited by StoneCold Skywarp on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hound

Post by Hound »

We are finishing ST DS9.

We got the Mandalorian on deck after that.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Just finished watching the show Glitch. Really enjoyed it. Although season 3 wasn't as good as the first two.