What TV shows are you watching thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I watched the second season of Voltron: Legendary Defender and it's better in some respects and worst in some respects than season 1. Currently I'm just watching random episodes of Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise on Netflix for some weird reason. Random episodes of Doctor Who on Amazon Prime.

I'm also watching new episodes of Supergirl season 2 and Legends of Tomorrow season 2 on Xbox Live.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Arrow
The Flash
Legends Of Tomorrow
Agents Of Shield
Supergirl
Timeless
The Blacklist
Blindspot
Quantico
Lethal Weapon
Star Wars Rebels
The Librarians
The Grand Tour
NCIS New Orleans
Sleepy Hollow
Shooter

Show i hope to watch....this one
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Just watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 of The Expanse.....fantastic
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Anyone watched the first ep of Legion? it's weird!
Anywhoo....here's more info about it
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(TV_series)
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I missed it, but I'm hoping to watch it on repeat or catch up because the premise sounds interesting.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow easily the best superhero TV shows currently on. I love the upbeat and hopeful Supergirl and that the show runners gets how Supergirl and by extension Superman are supposed to work and still show how and why people would fear them without making me want to hate the world like that piece of shit movie Man of Steel did. The day that WB and/or DC kills that universe I will dance for joy.

Legends of Tomorrow is fan service pure and simple but it at least is good and fun fan service and season 2 is better paced and the rules of time travel seemed to have been worked out and writers seem to know the characters and how they interact better this time around.

Arrow season 5 has been much better than it's past 2 seasons at least up to mid-season break.

The Flash season 3 is a complete and total trainwreck. Starting off with Flashpoint in a one hour episode was a stupid idea and some of the after shocks make little or no sense like Catlin suddenly having superpowers after explaining in the previous season she didn't have the gene or whatever to have superpowers, even though her Earth-2 doppelganger was Killer Frost. , Savitor, the Speed God's design sucks and I'm getting sick of the evil speedsters being the big bad of this series. The whole thing with Cisco being mad at Barry for not saving his jackass brother. The new rouges like Dr. Alchemy, Magenta, Mirror Master, and the Top are all a major let down. HR is annoying and waste of Tom Cavangh's talent.
Iris is now "destined" to be killed by Savitor in the not so distant future.
Wally West finally becoming the Kid Flash is the only good thing out of this mess.

The aftermath of Flashpoint on the other the shows makes even less sense like how the Reverse-Flash came back to life on Legends of Tomorrow (although the episode from 2 weeks ago did answer it as best as they could).
How Barry saving his mom would change the gender of Dig's baby on Arrow other just because the Legends met him in an alternate timeline in one episode of Legends of Tomorrow season 1? I mean Dig and Lyla couldn't have second child?

In the comics Flashpoint showed a really messed up version of the DCU hell even that God-Awful POS animated movie did that (probably the only thing it did right), the show didn't and as a result it's just gotten dumber and dumber. Hopefully the upcoming 2 part Grodd story might put some life back into this series.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I like Supergirl too - its a jolly little show with likeable characters and doesn't try too hard. I'm a bit behind on Season 2, just up to the introduction of a fella from a planet called Draxan or something.

I gave up on Legends Of Tomorrow a couple of eps into the first series, it just didn't click for me. Likewise, Arrow hasn't kept my interest.

I've not been watching Flash, but a lot of what you said echoes what my girlfriend said about this show. She's not massively into superheroes, but thought everything they've been doing in Flash lately was just ..."silly".

I'm really enjoying Agents Of Shield though - that's really come on (I've missed Seasons 2 and 3, but aren't bothered, its easy enough to pick up what's going on). The Ghost Rider and the Darkhold stuff really appeals to me, as I'm a big fan of Marvel's Midnight Sons books (although they rapidly went to sh*t in a series of awful crossovers).
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Ok..okokok..ok...Leeeo Getz!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I'm years behind, but I've just started The Sopranos. Only three episodes in, but its infinitely more interesting than sodding Battlestar Galactica. I gave up on that halfway through the third series because forcing an infected cow's carcass through my ear was more exciting.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Yeah, middle of Galactica 3 is hard work. Once you make it through the other side, it's ace, but you're not the first person to fall at that point.

Currently watching Ulysses 31. Dubbing is wonky as ****.
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

Anyone watched this yet?
https://youtu.be/rE5bAO-XC8Q
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I just finished watching Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix, I liked how off kilter Timothy Olyphant's character and how smart-arsey the daughter is but thought Drew Barrymore's character was pretty much just how I imagine Drew is in real life.
Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm about halfway through the Shannara Chronicles about this group of people who go on a journey to take a seed from an ancient tree and throw it into a fire to allow it to grow.

I like the girls as well as the druid character but not all that interested in the main male character.
Destruction is my specialty
Scotimus Prime
Protoform

Post by Scotimus Prime »

I'm working my way through Iron Fist, meh....it's ok....kinda like the first season of Daredevil
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Finally finished the X-Files on blu ray! The revival is very ReGeneration One isn't it? In the same way that ignored Marvel UK on the one hand but kept making references to Marvel UK on the other, season X basically ignores the last couple of years of the show and a lot of the mythology so as to make the "So there weren't any real aliens then" thing to work (most obviously, no mention of Jim From Neighbours and his evil plot), but suddenly brings out Monica or keeps making references to that bloody baby.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Bought seasons 1-6 of Game of Thrones over/just after the holidays; getting around to watching them now. With commentary, as this is my third run-through of most of the series, yay.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Sades wrote:Bought seasons 1-6 of Game of Thrones over/just after the holidays; getting around to watching them now. With commentary, as this is my third run-through of most of the series, yay.
We have Seasons 1-3 on DVD, but stopped buying them after that because we never saw them at good prices. I loaned them to a friend last month and now he and his girlfriend are hooked, but they don't have access to Seasons 4-6. I think they are planning to subscribe to HBO next month, just so they can watch the rest of it on demand.

I do need to get those boxsets at some point though. A full on series re-watch would be pretty spectacular.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

The Game of Thrones box sets are cool because they contain some very helpful extra features, like family trees and all the characters who are loyal and serve under which family. They also help maintain the locations relative to each other. I think if I'd have only been watching it on TV I'd be far more confused.

I've got the first four series (just finished watching the fourth, which is as awesome as ever), and I'm in no rush to get the next. I just pick them up when they drop in price by a decent amount, I don't care if everyone else sees the end before I do, or that they spoil everything. Watching it is still great regardless.:)
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

"Wait, what do you mean you haven't watched Seinfeld?"
"I just never got around to watching it!"
"Tets, you're always watching TV! How can you have not watched it!"
"I was like 10 when it was on the air! I was busy watching Turtles or something else back then!"

And then Tets got the series on DVD and the situation is turning around.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I've been watching that Netflix Voltron series.

It's decent. Nothing spectacular, but well made and quite watchable. Perfect wallpaper cartoon.