"What did Santa bring you?" Thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

"What did Santa bring you?" Thread.

Post by Sades »

Weird what with my other thread here in GD. But I do one every year (more or less), so with all due respect... shhh. :p

Two mugs (Crowned stag of Baratheon! and a cute mug with a little removable Christmas sweater. Genuine yay! I love mugs), a 3D PIRATE SHIP puzzle (An impressive and fun-looking representation of the mutha****ing Queen Anne's Revenge!), many scratchcards, a Steam card, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, and a stocking full of nuts, candy, a Christmas hat and amusing party favours (because we get one every year).

The small one enjoyed the process of unwrapping all of her trains (and watching her was super fun), each had some time spent with them (favourite seems to be the Annie and Clarabel we got to go with her Thomas), she got a couple Toys R Us branded sets from other family members that connect up with the Wooden Railway stuff we bought her, but it seems her current favourite toy so far is the playdough that was in her stocking. :laugh: I showed her that she could make impressions of her trains in it and now Jamesis getting repeatedly pressed into it.

What did Santa bring you?

Happy Holidays, Merry Everything, all of that. Have a good one.
Attachments
IMG_1985.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Yay Christmas!

Socks, and chocolates, and a big poker set in a briefcase, and Gears of War, and books. Plush C3P0 and Cat Peach.

I must be getting old as I enjoyed seeing my family open their presents more than I enjoyed my own haul. I am looking forwards to shooting the men later on though, I carried my Xbox all the way to mum's especially.
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The surviving episodes of the Peter Cushing Sherlock Holmes series from my brother was really my only present this year bar the dull stuff like deodorant.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

I'm going to have sort of a second Christmas tomorrow, as the other side of my family come round to visit. But today I got the Lego Architecture Trevi Fountain, the latest season of Family Guy, the Beatles "1+" four disc Cd/Blu-ray set, a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label and the latest CD by a group called The Sword.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Deodorant for Christmas? Maybe you should shower more? :p

I got Leader Class Ultra Magnus and A model catapult. Disappointed that my wife doesn't love me enough to buy me Titan Class Devestator.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Hound wrote:Disappointed that my wife doesn't love me enough to buy me Titan Class Devestator.
It's not very good, so she's done you a favour there.

I got a huge roast dinner cooked for me and shitloads of cuddles.

Other stuff too, but that's the main event.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, a Star Wars water bottle, a lottery ticket, candy, sausage and cheese gift packs, chocolate covered cherries, a Star Wars calandar(given the fact that I couldn't find another Calandar by Ragnar for 2016, this'll come in handy), a Star Wars fleece blanket, a Mighty Mug thermal mug, and Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson for the 3DS.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound wrote:Disappointed that my wife doesn't love me enough to buy me Titan Class Devestator.
You were only Leader Class- level good this year, and Santa was feeling charitable when he decided that. Better step it up. :p

No Game of Thrones colouring book, which means I get to go out and buy it for myself! \o/

This mug sweater is the one useless thing I never knew I needed.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Summerhayes wrote:Yay Christmas!

I must be getting old as I enjoyed seeing my family open their presents more than I enjoyed my own haul.
^This. Dispelled my own indifference to Xmas. It is indeed better to give than receive.

I got an Evil Scarecrow hoodie and t-shirt (i think i have nearly all their t-shirts now...), a PWEI T-shirt (I love a good t-shirt), some books, some badges, some gloves and we also got a kettle. Because we drink so much tea in our house, we never seem to kill kettles with alarming frequency. Stupid kettles.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Skyqauke, if you're interested a bottle of white vinegar will totally clean out the insides of a kettle leaving it like new again. I'm the same as you with tea and live in a hard water area (assuming you might, too).

It really does the job & prevents that vital time of not having a kettle!

Just pour the vinegar into the empty kettle, leave it over night, empty and boil up two loads of water afterward (to remove any vinegar tinge) and it should be good as new. It's like Junkion-style fixing of your Ultra Magnus kettle!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

We don't have hard water, but I dunno what we do to kettles!

White vinegar is amazing, isn't it? Its really good for cleaning out your washing machine too!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

You cleaned out my washing machine?

Ah, the old gags, eh?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think getting presents is what turned it around for me. It was hard to see at the time but I think that the stress of having to rush and do things last minute sapped a lot of the fun out of Christmas prep for me. Taking time to find something cool for other people is a part of the joy, and I wasn't able to do that this year.

Plus I hadn't realised how much I missed getting things that don't come in a blind bag until today; getting presents I didn't know I was going to get/probably wouldn't buy for myself but are interesting is very very nice.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Ryan F wrote:a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label
Thread won.

I got a belated bday present [The Animal Farm by George Orwell], two coasters [Darth Vader and Stark family sigil] and a collection of crime stories by Edgar Allan Poe.

When you've ceased to get toys...it's a sign that you've grown up :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Merry Christmas everybody!

On topic: A dressboy, the Black Friday Transformers records, and lots of love.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Knightdramon wrote:When you've ceased to get toys...it's a sign that you've grown up :lol:
I think the fact that all the transformers in my wishlist sit unbought is more a sign that my family want me to grow up...
I like bears.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Didn't really do the traditional gift-giving this year, except for pitching in to pay for Dads presents (frames for photos taken while on holiday).

Having said that I did buy some stuff for myself: Far Cry 4 Complete Edition (XB1), Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76037 Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-up and something else that I putting off for a bit (or Saints Row 4 Complete Edition XB1).
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I think just being around people on Christmas turned it around for me, being welcomed into somebody's family. Kind of dispels that whole "you are so alone" feeling I get around this time of year.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Got lots of stuff, including some chocolates and a lot of really comfy clothes. Way too much of those too to list, actually. Lots of other good stuff too...the biggest higlights were Combiner Wars Streetwise, a plush Pirana Plant (which goes nice with the Yoshi and Goomba I already have) and Diablo III (which kept me up to 2AM last night).

Though the cute baby stuff our little guy got was the best part by far. Even if he was way more interested in eating the wrapping paper.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Included a Takasa Tony MP Bumble, which I didn't feel too guilty about hacking the back of the head off and supergluing a hollowed out LEGO tile to for nostalgia value. Felt slightly more guilty about taking the head off the official G2 one I've already got in preparation for a black Renderform Scout kit (the pin came out of the KO easily; not so with that one) but it'll pass...

Got myself a yellow Maketoys Crane, which has fun associations of the originals being on TRU shelves (and is larger than I was expecting, so fitting him into the display might be tricky).

Austentatious, Future Shocks documentary, Origins of Us BBC docs, Wheaton's Just a Geek, and The Guild TPBs.

edit: Exploding Kittens. And I think I've got the Batman/Dredd collection coming at some point.