Who's buying all these Funko Pops?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Heinrad
Articles: 0

Re: Who's buying all these Funko Pops?

Post by Heinrad » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:07 pm

I've got all of the Harley Quinn ones they put out for Birds of Prey(that I know about, anyway), a Gamestop Exclusive Harley, the Suicide Squad Harley, the original costume Harley, a '39 costume Batman, a Green Lantern Batman, a couple of the Batman Beyond ones(one came with the box set), and Ash from Evil Dead 2.

They don't take up a lot of room, really. But I'm not completely sure what the appeal is. I got the Harley ones because I like Harley Quinn, and all the rest were "Oh, hey, that looks like of neat".

Hound

Post by Hound » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:27 am

I really want them to make Funko of all the Iron Man Armors from the comic books. Especially the first ten or so.

Civ

Post by Civ » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:19 pm

I've bought two Funko Pops of Bob Ross. Both were gifts to other people though and they seem to enjoy them. I also have a young co-worker who has 4 from that new Cyberpunk game and there's also a project manager who has 4 Star Wars versions on their desks.

Denyer
Articles: 3

Post by Denyer » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFXk6unOHeA

Reiterates the point that for some franchises, they're not just cheaper but the only real option -- eg it's not like Dinosaurs (1991) the TV show is getting new merch. But also makes the point that because Funko don't need likeness rights for a vaguely recognisable egg shape, you can do characters from films and media where that would be an issue.