Was Beast Wars ever released on Blu-ray

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Smiggy
Protoform

Was Beast Wars ever released on Blu-ray

Post by Smiggy »

Hello,

I came across this, but I couldn't find it on any retailer.

https://monsterlandmedia.com/products/t ... s-in-720hd
Denyer

Re: Was Beast Wars ever released on Blu-ray

Post by Denyer »

It's not legit.

https://monsterlandmedia.com/pages/welcome-to-my-site

"All of my sets are created by me in-house! This includes the artwork, media design, video and audio conversions."
awful_gollum

Post by awful_gollum »

A Blu-Ray release of Beast Wars/Machines would be pretty rad! Sadly, it wouldn't help with the datedness of the animation. :(
CupCake09
Protoform

Post by CupCake09 »

I don’t know if it’d be any better than the old DVD set. It was broadcast and I’m assuming rendered in the old 4:3 format. If the materials are still around would love an HD widescreen version though.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm. As you say, the source materials just aren't up to it with most CGI series of the era. It's almost a bigger gap than the one between early home computer rendering and CGI that made it to TV, backgrounds in particular lack detail because the rendering had to focus on moving parts and it feels like the action's taking place on a prototype holodeck at times.

I've "seen" all of BW at least once by now, but not sure I could tell you much more about it than summaries and memes that were on newsgroups when it was originally released. Despite great acting the style of production just doesn't stick in the mind particularly, personally.