Anyone else think the Episode II trailer ain't much cop?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Anyone else think the Episode II trailer ain't much cop?

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've been watching it at work, and it looks pretty sh!t, if you'll pardon the French. I mean, the bits with the Mandelorians [no idea how you spell that, care even less] look fairly funky, but who's that rpcik they've got playing Annakin? He's, like, forty times more annoying than Jake Lloyd! He's got the looks and acting talent of Leonardo di Caprio's stunt-double! And the bastards at work wouldn't let me nick and sell the banner...

EDIT: Christ, I'm really doing a Rock on the forum tonite...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.

[This message has been edited by Cliffjumper (edited 01-09-2002).]
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I've seen all 3. The breathing one with the flashes looked kinda good. The forbidden love one was boring, and the Mystery one was very panto. Still, the effects look good for the most part...

------------------
Image January gathering
Computron

Post by Computron »

yeah I get it at work all the time too, The Scooby doo one is alright considering its only a teaser (its on just before Ep 2). Also have u seen the Austin Powers 2 and spiderman ones (they will probably be in one of the screens as they aint on the dvd yet (or at least I havn't seen them)) as they look quite good.

------------------

OPTIMUS PRIMAL NEEDS YOU!!!!

To visit THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I saw the Goldmember one, looks like they're determined to beat the mini-me joke to absolute death... I find Austin Powers only mildly amusing at the best of times, but I think Myers really should quit on this one while he's ahead... what's the point in spoofing Bond and The Avengers when they're tongue-in-cheek anyway?

Oh, and I really hate Spiderman.

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper:

Oh, and I really hate Spiderman.

Blasphemer!

------------------
Image January gathering
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

He sucks. It's not enough that the annoying arachnid has about 47 of his own titles, he has to bloody permeate every single thing Marvel do! He even f*cked up Avengers #1 in '98 through his annoying prescence! He turns up in bloody Wolverine! And Excalibur! And just in case Thor wasn't crap enough when Masterson was Thor, he turns up there to! Don't turn your back, the ****er's back in the Avengers! Oh no! Now he's in Transformers! GRRRR! Hand me the insecticide.

------------------

Computron

Post by Computron »

I must say I'm not the worlds greatest Spiderman fan (he seems to have more lives than op) but the film looks quite good

------------------

To visit THE AXALON. The one stop place on the internet for all your Beast Wars images
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper:
He's, like, forty times more annoying than Jake Lloyd!
Yeah, like that's possible Image

------------------
-------------

"Hail to the king, baby"

-------------

"Went to a party, I danced all night, I drank sixteen beers and I started up a fight. But now I'm jaded, you're outta luck, well I'm rollin' down the stairs too drunk to f*ck" - Dead Kennedys, Too Drunk To F*ck
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You kow, I had a mate who said that. Then I showed him the trailer. Sadly, it's all too possible...

------------------

Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

For me, Ep 1 was ruined by that miserable excuse for a CGI, Dumb dumb binks, and since he is no where to be found in the ep 2 trailers, i take it as a step in the right direction. I can deal with an annoying Skywalker and enjoy the movie as long as absolutly no Gungans are present.

------------------
----------------------------------
Send comments, insults, taunts and death threats to:
Prowl?

---------------------------------------------------
Sig space courtesy of Thundercracker84
------------------------
screw geocities and Angelfire
*Predaking*
Protoform

Post by *Predaking* »

Originally posted by Prowl?:
For me, Ep 1 was ruined by that miserable excuse for a CGI, Dumb dumb binks, and since he is no where to be found in the ep 2 trailers, i take it as a step in the right direction. I can deal with an annoying Skywalker and enjoy the movie as long as absolutly no Gungans are present.
Think again. Rumors have it that Jar Jar will be back for Episode 2 and possibly even 3. Why don't you see it in the trailors? Because of people like you that Lucas wants to lure to the theater but he knows once the word is out about half of the adult SW fans won't show up. Image

------------------
"I'm the best there is, the best there was and
the best there ever will be"
Bret “Hitman" Hart

[This message has been edited by *Predaking* (edited 01-09-2002).]
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Originally posted by *Predaking*:
Why don't you see it in the trailors? Because of people like you that Lucas wants to lure to the theater but he knows once the word is out about half of the adult SW fans won't show up. Image

Can't Lucas take a hint? or does he need more plastic pooperchenidse sitting on the store shelves, not being moved...... Sitting there, grinning unintelligently...... mocking me by ruining my favorite series.... mocking... me....

------------------
Prowl?

------------------------
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Men With Brooms, Blade 2, Spider-Man and Gold Member all look kick ass

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM Image No Way Two Can Play -Blaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roger Me, Wilco me. ANYTHING, Hello Hello Earth.
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

Having Jar Jar Binks in Ep 2, as terrible as it may sound, is not the only bad news: it is confirmed that members of N'Sync will show up as a random Jedi knight in a huge battle scene involving the light & dark Jedis, and possibly as some Naboo peds. I read that those boy band members may show up onscreen no more than seconds, but imo their very presence ruin the film for me. According to the news I was privied, Lucas' daughter is a huge N'Sync fan, and Lucas put them in Ep 2 because they are fans of Star Wars. UGH! And add to the fact that the adult Anakin Skywalker is played by an actor who looks like he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, I'd say the movie is already dead on arrival. I don't care if the CGI will be awesome, because I still consider The Phantom Menace to be a terrible film. After watching "Fellowship of the Ring", I'm now convinced that Lucas will not be able to catch up to Peter Jackson's brilliance in the next two installment of Star Wars. What a shame.

------------------

"Faster than speeding bullet-train.."

[This message has been edited by Raiden (edited 01-10-2002).]
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

screw nsync.... theyt suck
what the hell is lucas' problem? why cant he go back to the good old days of making excellent stories, like the empire strikes back? That guy needs to get his head out of the ass of the media and listen to the fans about what the series means to them before he goes and screws it up even worse than he did with the phantom menace.

------------------
Prowl?

------------------------
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

For people who don't believe the N'Sync rumor, here's what I got from www.theforce.net:

Newsweek Reacts to N'Sync
Wed, Jan 09, 02 05:47:45 PM EST

Today Aaron received the latest Newsweek and it had an entire article on the whole 'N Sync fiasco and fan reaction. It reads:

Justin vs Jar Jar: Battle of the Annoying Cameos

"STAR WARS" fans never suffer in silence. They groaned mightily at the cutesy Ewoks in "Return of the Jedi," and raged against Jar Jar Binks in "The Phantom Menace." Last week news broke that 'N Sync will have a cameo in "Attack of the Clones"--no, they're not the title characters--and "Star Wars" buffs launched such a fire fight on TheForce.net that a voice of moderation had to remind them, "This is not a forum to threaten decapitation." Lucasfilm says the group approached the filmmakers themselves. Rumor has it the boys will blip by in a battle scene, and may well get killed on screen. Maybe George Lucas knows what he's doing after all.

------------------

Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

And I actually thought the guy playing anakin was from n'sync.Didn Lucas learn nothing from phantom? Oh yeah he didnt....I remember an article in Empire (UK movie mag) where he wrote in just to say why the phantom menance was really good and every critic and Human adult just 'didnt understand' anything.
I am watching a once great movie legacy die here Image Image

------------------
ONE RING is the Trademark of Sauron Enterprises (Overseas) Incorporated (a division of Dark Lord Enterprises LLC), a Caymans Island Corporation, used under licence, all rights reserved.
Sauron Enterprises* will vigourously protect its intellectual property rights - this means YOU hobbit !!
Always the shadow grows anew !!

*Sauron Enterprises is represented by Dewey, Cheatham & Howe attorneys to the dark and disembodied, no work refused.
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

UPDATE: It appears that Star Wars fans can make a difference, after all. This is what I found from www.comingsoon.net:

Bye Bye Bye to *NSYNC in Star Wars
Thursday, January 10, 2002 8:35 CST

Boy, what the difference a fan base can make. It looks like all the complaints from "Star Wars" fans have paid off, and for what reason - heck if we know. Members of *NSYNC will not be seen in "Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones". 'John' alerted us this morning that singer Joey Fatone called into the Carson Radio Show (99.3 FLZ) with word that the group had been cut from the film, saying "I'm going to make it officially known the dropped it because people made a big deal about it...we stopped by the set and it was like a little small thing and we're not going to be in it, and I'm not going to comment on it anymore."

Ps: I wonder what does it take for Star Wars fans to force Lucas to drop Jar Jar Binks from Ep 2?

------------------

Computron

Post by Computron »

to be honsest lucas can do what he wants, I mean it is his story so that is all that matters.

Its a similar scenario to the whole beast wars thing in transformers where die hard g1 enthusiasts have spent so much of their lives making up the missing parts of the story that when something different comes they immediatly critisise it before even govong it a chance

------------------

Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

Originally posted by Computron:
to be honsest lucas can do what he wants, I mean it is his story so that is all that matters.

Its a similar scenario to the whole beast wars thing in transformers where die hard g1 enthusiasts have spent so much of their lives making up the missing parts of the story that when something different comes they immediatly critisise it before even govong it a chance
You are right. Lucas can do whatever he wants with Star Wars, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with his decisions. And us fans can and will make our voices heard with our wallet, which I believe is the main reason why Lucas decided to cut out the N'Sync footage; he's concerned that those outspoken fans will not show up to see Ep 2. One down, one to go. Image

------------------