[Original RPG] A plea from the Jurassic Park Preservation League

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Heinrad

A plea from the Jurassic Park Preservation League

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: -holding up a very large tuxedo- "Me not wearing this."

Dinosaur expert: "Why?"

Grimlock: "It too tight in shoulders. And Me not wear bow tie!"

Dinosaur expert: "But-"

Grimlock: -tosses the Dinobot-sized tux over the expert, the function host, and a hapless waiter walking by- "Stupid humans. Me not trying to raise money." -looks out at the masses of readers- "Me have small problem. Well, actually, it kind of big problem. Me only active Dinobot at moment. Sludge, Slag, Swoop, and Snarl not appear to have active players. Me hate to say it, but Me kind of lonely. Need volunteers to play other Dinobots."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'd be interested to NPC Swoop, if that's okay with the mods. :)

Love the title of this thread, BTW.
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

So does that mean they are available to pick us as a character? If so I'd like to try my hand at Slag.
Wanted Used or New -
Henkei Classics Dirge, Thrust. Universe Hound (Ravage not needed)
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I could take Snarl, if he's still available? :)

We're talking comic Dinobots here or cartoon? Or is that up to the player?
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Springer85 wrote:We're talking comic Dinobots here or cartoon? Or is that up to the player?
I think our RPG continuity stems originally from the cartoon, although elements from the Marvel comics (Imperials, late-G1 characters, the Wreckers, et cetera) have seeped in. Other than Grimlock, who hails from the comic universe (literally) I think the other Dinobots are their cartoon selves, although I've seen some players, like Warcry, who uses the more intelligent comic selves in portraying the Dinobots. I mean, no 'Me Snarl' for every single sentence.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:although I've seen some players, like Warcry, who uses the more intelligent comic selves in portraying the Dinobots.
Actually, when I played Snarl I decided to completely ignore everything he'd ever done in every continuity and just play him according to his tech specs. The results were...different, to say the least. :)

As far as which version of the characters you want to play, it's up to the individual players to choose. If you decide to go with the Cartoon version, though, please don't dumb them down quite as much as the writers did in the post-Movie episodes. We still need them to be functional as an elite strike force, after all.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Actually, this version of Grimlock hails from a modified Comic Universe(from a later point in things than Nightbeat and Company came from), which is why he's got the jump jets in his dino-mode legs.

Well, that and I liked the concept. :D

Grimlock: "Me glad him not like Action Master concept......."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Hunter
Protoform

Post by Hunter »

I've been debating about picking up another character, you know, one a little less psychotic. My only issue is, I think I own all five terrorcons and I haven't been playing for long enough to pick up a sixth character. If it's kool with everyone though, I'll play sludge. I'll probably do what Warcry did, and just lay him how I think is appropriate.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:Actually, when I played Snarl I decided to completely ignore everything he'd ever done in every continuity and just play him according to his tech specs. The results were...different, to say the least. :)

As far as which version of the characters you want to play, it's up to the individual players to choose. If you decide to go with the Cartoon version, though, please don't dumb them down quite as much as the writers did in the post-Movie episodes. We still need them to be functional as an elite strike force, after all.
Yeah, different. But good different. It's kind of refreshing for the Dinobots to be potrayed aas actually deadly killers instead of the buffoons in season three of the cartoon. Don't get me wrong, I like comedy relief but sometimes it's too much. Like Grimlock wearing an apron...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: "It not much fun for me, either. They not let me keep tips."

EDIT: Okie-dokie, guys, we have four volunteers and four Dinobots. Far as I know, nobody was in the repair bay or a stasis pod, so jump on in.

The Dinobots also have a representative of the First Church of Cybertron(bingo every Sunday), to assist in their -chuckle- moral development! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grimlock: "Not beat him too bad. Me planning too use him as shield."

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Swoop: -checks Dinobot roster- "We have a WHAAAAAAAAAAT???"

Whirl: "Hey, don't be so emo. The Wreckers have one of those too." -shrugs- "At least he doesn't preach about sparing your enemies."

Swoop: -not listening- "We have a WHAAAAAAAT???"

Repugnus: "The Monsterbots will never have one of those preacher things. Else I'll fillet it into little thin pieces and ship it back to the church."

Swoop: -sighs- "Right. So where can I jump in?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Striker- " Striker autobot Chaplain Corps ex Autobot Marine Corps reporting for duty hooh hah."

Grotusque - checks intelligence summary

"Looks like the Dinobots alos have their own theme bar and fanbase."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blackjack wrote:Yeah, different. But good different. It's kind of refreshing for the Dinobots to be potrayed aas actually deadly killers instead of the buffoons in season three of the cartoon. Don't get me wrong, I like comedy relief but sometimes it's too much. Like Grimlock wearing an apron...
Awesome. I don't want to go the cartoon way with Snarl.

Warcry, did you have Snarl refer to himself in the 3rd person when you had him talk?
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Hunter
Protoform

Post by Hunter »

Springer85 wrote:Awesome. I don't want to go the cartoon way with Snarl.

Warcry, did you have Snarl refer to himself in the 3rd person when you had him talk?
I was going to do the whole third person thing just because Sludge is the idiot in the group, and I figured he'd be more likely do it then anyone else. The way I was going to do it though is implement it instead of the "I", in some but not in all situations.

Sludge - I ain't as stupid as everyone thinks, Sludge is just misunderstood. And that's ok by me.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Springer85 wrote:Warcry, did you have Snarl refer to himself in the 3rd person when you had him talk?
Nope, I had him talk like a fairly normal person. I did try to keep everything he said short and to the point (short sentences, mostly one syllable words). Not because I wanted him to seem dumb (his intelligence is 6, so he's about average in the brains department) but because he really doesn't seem like the sort of guy who'd say two words when one would do. To me, anyway. :)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grimlock: "Bar good place as any to jump in. Remember, it Dinobot-themed bar now. Barfights manditory." -looking at the crowd- "Me have to wonder why there so many co....clo..... Cybertronians dressed like us."

It's called cos-play. And you guys are popular. Although you're right. I didn't think there was that much cardboard and aluminium foil on Cybertron.......

Grimlock: "So they Pretenders."

After a fashion.

Grimlock: "Me hate being a Pretender."

But you're not a Pretender anymore.

Grimlock: "Me hate having to have been Pretender."

Think of all the money your fans will pay to see you.

Grimlock: "Me not sure it worth it."

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Swoop: -wanders over to Aftershock's Bar and Grill-
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Updated the wiki.

So, let me see if got this right (or if anyone has changed their mind):

Slag goes to Raze, Sludge goes to Hunter, Snarl goes to Springer85 and Swoop goes to Blackjack.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:Nope, I had him talk like a fairly normal person. I did try to keep everything he said short and to the point (short sentences, mostly one syllable words). Not because I wanted him to seem dumb (his intelligence is 6, so he's about average in the brains department) but because he really doesn't seem like the sort of guy who'd say two words when one would do. To me, anyway. :)
Really like that take on the characterso I'll probably continue to do that with him too. :)
Aspiring DJ!