Identity Crisis #1

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Strafe

Identity Crisis #1

Post by Strafe »

I only very recently got back into non-TF comics, so I literally have no clue who 3/4 of these heroes are, aside from the classics, like Batman, Superman, Green Arrow, the assorted Green Lanterns and Martian Manhunter.

That being said, it was a good read, despite not having a clue who Dr. Light is, (Aside from Mega Man games...), or his connection to the Justice League. (Of which there are apparently 1412 variations.)
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

I guess I'll be waiting for the TPB, since I'm broke nowadays.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I want to pick it up tommorow, but I'll probably gave to wait till the weekend.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I read it tonight, very emotional story. I thought it was amazing, probably the best new comic I've read all year...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

SPOILER

Well, it seems I guessed right that Elongated Man's wife Sue Dibny would be the key death.
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

just picked it up just then...i've yet to read it...a 7-parter eh? looks like annother book i have to add to my reading list....i guess it'll take the place of hawkeye *sniff*:(
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by BlueBlaster
SPOILER

Well, it seems I guessed right that Elongated Man's wife Sue Dibny would be the key death.

how the friggin hell could you guess that it was sue dibney? i know you did but man was that a stab in the dark.

i just read it, amazing story, incredibly emotional and i love the way most of its told from arrows perspective... dr light has been around for quite a while, hes not a new bad guy at all, just one question though, can dc really get away with the punisher looking dude?
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

you talking about the teleporting punisher man? i thought he was pretty cool i dont know who he is though or what he had to do with the story on a whole but let me tell yah its a lesson in good writing when a guy who doesnt really read or have read much DC (apart from batman) to get all mysty eyed about a character that I only knew the name of ( i knew who sue and ralph dibny were because i got an old issue of justice league where they fight amos forune and they are in it (my only issue of JLA)) i mean at the end after showing the care she went into making Ralph's birthday suprises and such man that was really sad....

by the way who is this doctor light fellow? that name doesnt really scream evil ....I mean compared to Dr. Fate or Dr. midnight it sounds pretty super-heroesque moreso
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
how the friggin hell could you guess that it was sue dibney? i know you did but man was that a stab in the dark.

When Wizard magazine started to show small info about Identitiy Crisis about a half year ago and ranked it as no.1 for the most anticipated comic in 2004. On the next page there was a sketch of some Justice Leaguers and they were Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Hawkman and Elongated Man. What? Elongated Man, who can stretch like Plastic Man and Plastic Man has been in the league for a long time now, so why would Elongated Man be important for Identity Crisis?

On a later interview, Brad Meltzer the writer says that this mystery has something related to JLA. While almost everybody were still speculating from Martian Manhunter to Green Lantern. I was thinking about Snapper Carr the JLA mascot and so on, but the Elongated Man thing still bothered me.

I had to think this was IDENTITY crisis, not KILL crisis like everybody else where thinking.

Then I started think when was Elongated Man used often as a member and it was with the Justice League Europe, when Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis were writing a Justice League comedy. Elongated Man's wife was an honorary member and she was the computer wiz, who handled with Justice League's files, where some of the alter Identities could be revealed, but Elongated Man was one of the first heroes, who had revealed his Identity, even written a book of his life and knew that Sue Dibny's life could be in danger.

After that conclusion Sue Dibny was related to JLA and had something to do with the word Identity. She was my pick a long time ago.
Hey, comics fans!
Visit www.fanboyradio.com . It's the weekly radio show about comics. Joe Quesada,Larry Hama,Brian Michael Bendis,Greg Rucka,Mark Waid and many other comics creators have appeared on the show.
BlueBlaster
Protoform

Post by BlueBlaster »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
by the way who is this doctor light fellow?

Here's your anticipated answer:

http://www.titanstower.com/source/whoswho/fear5.html
Hey, comics fans!