PS3 --pics-- [Console Wars]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

hmmmmm....the revolution is pretty sexy, I must say. I still think that fake looks sweet, though. But nintendo is going to have to either A) have a BUNCH of incredible first party games, or B) grow up market to adults and get some decent 3rd party games.

Looks like it'll probably be XBOX and PS for me again.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I thought Iwata once said on the day Nintendo stops making consoles they will stop game development too.
And I doubt PSP will last all the big N has to do is make Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and it's adious PSP. My point there being that DS has been a success and that the GBA is still doing the rounds.
Who cares if theres no third party support on GC? All third party games of late have been overhyped sequals and cash ins and most Gamecube owners own a PS2 or X-box as well anyway.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
I thought Iwata once said on the day Nintendo stops making consoles they will stop game development too.

That's just bluster.
Originally posted by Lambda prime

And I doubt PSP will last all the big N has to do is make Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and it's adious PSP. My point there being that DS has been a success and that the GBA is still doing the rounds.
Who cares if theres no third party support on GC? All third party games of late have been overhyped sequals and cash ins and most Gamecube owners own a PS2 or X-box as well anyway.

Yeah, because San Andreas really sucked, man.[/sarcasm]
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Alright boys, try to keep the console bashing down. Make another thread if you want to do that.

If you get GTV, they will have shows from E3 at 4pm today through Wednesday. Should be sweet.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

So the PS3 will be the most powerful of the consoles? ive been more impressed with the xbox 360 titles than the ps3 ones.... oh and man that controller suffers from major suckage.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Originally posted by Prowl?
if xbox 360 can do backwards compatibility, I think that microsoft may take the lead in consoles, at least in the most important market of north america.
It's true! Oh it's damn true!
After the overload of Xbox 360 news that was revealed on Friday, this year's Xbox pre-E3 conference couldn't help but be somewhat anti-climatic. Nonetheless, a few new snippets of Xbox 360 info have emerged.

The key bit of news is that the console - which will be launched with 24 titles by this Christmas in the US, Europe and Japan - will be fully backwards compatible with Xbox games. Phew.

Meanwhile, Microsoft intends to widen the appeal of its next-gen machine by offering casual games - such as card games or retro titles - via Live Arcade (something that Nintendo is mirroring with Revolution's ability to download classic Ninty titles).

In total, more than 160 games are in development for Xbox 360, with between 25 and 40 due to be on shelves by the end of the year. All are optimised for high-definition output.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by CounterPunch
So the PS3 will be the most powerful of the consoles? ive been more impressed with the xbox 360 titles than the ps3 ones.... oh and man that controller suffers from major suckage.

Most people stick with a companies system.

For the Xbox guys: What made you get the system, and if you are indeed getting the Xbox 360, what games are you looking forward to, or rather which games seal the deal that you will be buying the system?

Question applies to PS2 and Cube owners as well.

Obviously I expect most answers for Xbox will be cause of Halo and/or modding capabilities. Cube for Zelda, and PS for FF.

My reasons for getting PS3: MGS4, DMC4, Motor Storm (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1678) [looks pretty damn sweet]. FF12 (minimal interest), GoW2, Onimusha 4.

Honestly the only thing keeping me with Playstation is Metal Gear, if MGS4 was exclusive to the next Xbox I would buy it just for that one game.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

To be honest im fairly torn as to which system to get, i'll almost definitely get the revolution as im a nintendo junkie. The only reason i bought an xbox (i dont own a ps2) is because its a more powerful system than the ps2 and i knew any games that i would want on the ps2 would be released on the xbox (which has come true)

so when it comes to the second console i'll get it depends on quality and price, not the company...
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Everywhere I've read so far has said that Xbox 360 will have limited support for Xbox games. Only the most popular titles will be emulated on the system, likely because of the deal they made with Nvidia and all. Expect to be able to run Halo, Halo 2, and DOA, but I wouldn't count on either of the BTVS games or anything else that didn't make the $19.99 line. :(
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Plasmodium

For the Xbox guys: What made you get the system, and if you are indeed getting the Xbox 360, what games are you looking forward to, or rather which games seal the deal that you will be buying the system?

Question applies to PS2 and Cube owners as well.

:up:Good question.

Xbox:Halo, Fable, Ninja Gaiden, JSRF (hopefully they make another), new Rare games, and a ton of PC ports that I'll probably buy for XBOX instead of paying mad cash to upgrade my PC.

PS: The Armored Core games. GTA series. Weird random stuff like Katamari Damaci. Dynasty Warriors games. SSX games.

Revolution:New mario (if it looks brilliant), new metroid, new zelda, new f-zero, random weird games from Miyamoto-san.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Prowl? - You're a moron. Nintendo's business strategy is solid enough that they won't be pushed out of consoles anytime soon and NOA finally has enough balls to try and win back the developers that had grudges against the company for its business practices back in the NES days.

Everytime somebody bashes another console here, my ban trigger itches.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Zisteau
:up:Good question.

Xbox:Halo, Fable, Ninja Gaiden, JSRF (hopefully they make another), new Rare games, and a ton of PC ports that I'll probably buy for XBOX instead of paying mad cash to upgrade my PC.

PS: The Armored Core games. GTA series. Weird random stuff like Katamari Damaci. Dynasty Warriors games. SSX games.

Revolution:New mario (if it looks brilliant), new metroid, new zelda, new f-zero, random weird games from Miyamoto-san.

The new Perfect Dark looks cool, If I were to get an Xbox Id probly check that out, although I think Goldeneye was better than PD on the 64.

Ya its good you dont have to upgrade your PC since the box has the good PC games ported to it, and with online its good, the only problem is playing fps games with a controller..

Armored Core is a series Id like to check out but those games are like impossible to find here in Winnipeg, Ive only seen the nexus one but its like 60 bux, screw that.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Prowl? - You're a moron. Nintendo's business strategy is solid enough that they won't be pushed out of consoles anytime soon and NOA finally has enough balls to try and win back the developers that had grudges against the company for its business practices back in the NES days.

Preach it brotha! I f*ckin' hate it when someone comes in and bashes a system. Just STFU or contribute something useful to this thread.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Oh **** yes my pants just exploded.
LOS ANGELES--Last night during Sony's pre-E3 press conference, it was announced that Metal Gear Solid 4 was in development for the freshly unwrapped PlayStation 3. Today, the game was formally announced at Konami's own press event.

First up, Konami announced that Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear Solid series, would become head of a new internal developer at the publisher. Inventively called Kojima Productions, the studio currently has three projects on its plate--MGS4 and two other Metal Gear Solid titles.

According to Kojima, who was on hand to show off the games, the concept behind MGS4 will be "nowhere to hide." Set in a future world after Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, the game will see the return of all the major characters from the series, including Solid Snake, Meryl, Otacon, and Ocelot. It will also sport an online battle mode.

The second title is Metal Gear Acid 2, the sequel to the PSP card-battling game featuring series hero Solid Snake. The third is Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PlayStation 2, a compilation of MGS3 and the MSX games Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, the latter two of which have never been available in Japan. It will also feature eight-person online multiplayer and several new game modes.

GameSpot will update this story momentarily with more information.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

What made us get the consoles?

Gamecube because it's reliable - never brakes down, the demos were actual games not technical demos, it's more powerful then the PS2 and it has alot of great games:
Mario
Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echos
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil remake, Zero and 4
Timesplitters 2 and Future Imperfect
Eternal Darkness
Star Wars Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike
Metal Gear solid: The Twin Snakes
Spiderman 2
Soul Calibur 2

PS2 because it has developer support, plays decent PS1 titles, has DVD playback, and it's still a okay console:
Final Fantasy 10
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3
Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4
Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City and San Andreas

I'm more of a fan of good games then brand loyal.

Anyway will PS3 improve PS2 games? like slightly straighten out the visuals?
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Plasmodium

Armored Core is a series Id like to check out but those games are like impossible to find here in Winnipeg, Ive only seen the nexus one but its like 60 bux, screw that.

Try this.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Nintendo was retarded with the way it handled both the n64 and the GC. It stuck with carts when everyone and their momma's knew discs were the way to go, and they insisted no one wanted online and instead peddled us this crap GBA connectivity in the fledgling days of the online startup for consoles. Nintendo is a great developer, but when it comes to marketing and developing a platform, they haven't had a success since the days of the SNES. They make akward controlers, they do not try to disband their stereotype of *kiddie only*, they have *no* quality third party exclusive titles, nor any deals with 3rd party developers that inspires me to any hope for their next console. They are going to be squeezed out of the console market, and pull a sega within 3 or 4 years. And with the way they are going in the handheald market, the PSP will move them out of that market too.
-----------------------
P R O W L ?
I support Todd Bertuzzi
start climbing that sh*t rope...
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Firstly carts have advantages over discs.
Secondly
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Resident evil series
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
are all good games in their own way.
Online gaming wasn't widely accessible when GC was released
Sony's in house games aren't exactly must have games and to show where their loyalties lie, they disbanded Pygnosis for making games like Wipeout on other formats they don't give two ****s about innovation or gamers they want to make money PS3's $465 price tag is undeniable proof.
Alphadog
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Agreed. Besides, Microsoft may be in a tough battle with the PS2 in the console wars over here but it's practically dead in Japan. And like or not, Japan is still a bigger video game market at the moment than North America.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.