Black Friday Report

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Springer007

Black Friday Report

Post by Springer007 »

As I was walking through the Rogers Avenue Wal-mart, in Fort Smith, Arkansas, the shelves were amazingly not bare after this morning shopping frenzy. I happened along a Richochet from Alternators as well as Skids! I bought Richocet for my kitbashing pleasure, to be turned into Springer of course! I was surprised that 1) the company had placed some Alternators on the shelves, 2) no bare shelves really in the toy department (restocking or not, it amazed me), 3) not that much traffic considering it was a friday night too. The one figure I hoped I could get my grubby hands on was a Masterpiece Starscream, but alas no luck. I haven't seen one of him in 2-3 weeks time, and if he was there I can imagine aircraft enthusiast and Transfans had already gobbled him up. I also did not see any Ultimate Bumblebee, he sold out entirely. The rest of the movie line, except Voyager size line, were still there. I hope everyone has interesting stories to share about Black Friday wherever they live in the U.S. .

The best one liner I had heard on friday night was a kid yelling at his mom for something, and she said the best thing ever as punishment, "no Halo 3 for you!". I almost died laughing, as did the married couple I was with.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

Nothing new at my Wal-Mart, except the two packs. By the time I got there there were only two left. I left them. :D

I thought they'd bring out something new, like MP Starscream, but alas no.

One good thing, though...I've been sneaking over Dreadwings and Swindles over to an endcap to shore up some crappy figures there. They were almost all gone. Hopefully they'll replace them with boxes that DON'T contain Dreadwings. God, I'm sick of that figure.
Skywarp aka Scourge

Post by Skywarp aka Scourge »

I found 1 and only one of the masterpiece starscreams in my local walmart. Someone had put it on the top shelf behind some other toys and I spotted the top of it and I was like " WHAT IS THIS" and I pulled it down and bought it ;)
I was the first Decepticon to awaken on Earth in 1984, where we has lay dormant for around 4 million years.
My alt mode was altered by that fancy caculator other wise known as Teletran 1, to that of an Earthen jet. The F-15 Eagle.
I am usually paired up with Thundercracker and Starscream, or Screamer as I call him, on attacks.
I have the ability to teleport to any where within a 2.5 mile radius. But the problem I have is, the further I teleport the less accurate I will get. Because of this I have been know to crash into a few things.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Yeah.... I don't think this happens to classify as news...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't think so, either.

moved
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I went to Walmart, yesterday. Nothing new. I still can't believe that they've stocked corps, instead of the new GI Joes (that particularly never had them. It sucks, compared to the other Walmart, close to the TRU). That's the only Walmart I went to. Grabbed Live Free or Die Hard.

EDIT: Went to Christmas Tree Shop. For a store that sells a whole lot of misc stuff, mainly arts and crafty things, they sure draw in a lot of people. Crowded as hell. I actually felt claustrophobic, in there. Could barely move.

I went to tru. Not much new, there, and then I went back to Walmart and my mom got me Leader Brawl (got to open it, now, since my mom didn't want it under the tree for my brother and father to see (neither like my collecting habit)), and the first season of the TMNT (2003ish?), as well as the entire TMNT: Fast Forward series, to open at Christmas. Hopefully, seasons 2-4 and the lost season (season 5) will be released, soon, since I haven't had a chance to see those (started watching during fast forward).
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

We went to Walmart at 5am to pick up some things for the kids for Xmas, and to check for a MP Starscream. Of course Starscream does not exist here in central CA, but we did pick up some cool stuff at really great prices for my kids. As far as TF stuff goes Walmart had about 12 voyager class figures, mostly Thundercracker and Rescue Ratchet with maybe 2 Megatron and one Optimus. They also had tons of the Universe 2 packs, which would have been great deals if I didn't already have those Cybertron figures.

We then went on over to Target across the street, which opened at 6am, and got a few more Xmas gifts for people in the family. They had a rather large assortment of Deluxe class figures including 08 Bumblebee and a few Arcee figures. They also had about 8 leader class figures, Optimus, Brawl, and Megs. Voyager class..pretty much only Thundercracker and a couple of Rescue Ratchet.

So I got nothing for myself, did manage to snag good stuff for the kids though. The people were very herd-like though, I can't count the number of times I got ran into with a shopping cart, and not a single "sorry".
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Aye. Very much human cattle. I'm very deterous, which you wouldn't expect for someone my size, but even trying to navigate Walmart was a pill. It's bad enough that they clog up their main isle, with stuff that's randomly stuck in the middle, on palettes, but when you've got people, just stopped in the middle of nowhere, the whole way up, that's dodging and weaving like crazy.

They really should hide shopping carts on those days. They take up way too much space. I suppose they need them to carry all their stuff, but some people don't even pick up all that much that they're needed. It just makes a damn, dirty mess of it all.

Most wonderful time of the year, my pancreas! :p

Can anyone tell that I really hate having my movement restricted? A strange phenomenon I noticed at Christmas Tree Shop was that whenever my mom and I moved into an area, it would eventually become crowded, as if people didn't know that there was stuff there, until they saw us, looking at stuff, and went "Oh! We can buy this stuff!" I mean, WTF! Give me my space!

On the other hand, I had plenty of space in Toys R Us. It was kind of like any other day. They didn't really have anything I was looking for, but they're doing the Toys for Tots drive, if anyone, stateside's interested in giving to tft, it's worth a look to see if your local TRU is participating. :up:
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I understand the feeling of rude people. That happens alot even here, and it gets annoying. I don't mind if children do run into my leg, I smile, and give them a piece of gum for their trouble. One thing that buggers me is my girlfriend wants the whole series of either Full House or Family Matters and not a single thing to be found. The roadways are even worse for human herding, I have people revving their engine at me because I drive an 07 civic hybrid, and they think I am a racer or something....... It's the only reason I truly hate the holidays, the butts come out to play more.
Insomniac Malik
Protoform

Post by Insomniac Malik »

*sigh* no MP StarScream to be found anywhere, so sad.

Black Friday sucks and I really wanted to stay in all day, but the GF wanted to go out shopping.

Claustrophobic is the right word. I hate being in a store completely surrounded by rude, pushy people. I ended up having to leave the store because I was starting to get really angry at constantly getting bumped into.