Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

Detective Barricade

Thanks man!

Post by Detective Barricade »

I've updated my review to include his bio and stats. Thanks, Clay!:D I still need pictures of him, but I'm pretty sure I can get those soon. If someone would be kind enough to proof my review, it would be appreciated!:)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Review of Animated Bumblebee [proofed]

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Name: Animated Bumblebee
Function: Autobot Speedster

Enough talk, it's time for action!

Alternate mode:

Animated Bumblebee takes the form of a sports car. It doesn't seem to be based on a real vehicle, but it bears a resemblance to Bumblebee's G1 form, in that most of the car has no edges; rather, everything is rounded, like a VW Beetle.

Bumblebee's car mode is mostly yellow, with a single black stripe running along the top of the car, slightly to the left. There is a red siren on his roof, covering part of the stripe. The back lights are painted red, and there's an Autobot symbol to the left. The front lights seem to have been lightly painted with silver, as they look a bit different from the rest of the car. The windows are cast in translucent dark blue plastic, but as they house the legs, no light can shine through, rendering them almost black. The wheels are silver, with black tyres.

There are also two gaping holes in the back of his car to allow for the transformation, but they still stick out like a sore thumb. And don't look underneath, or you'll see his hands, head and torso.

Robot mode:

Bumblebee's robot mode is still yellow, but now his limbs are partly black, to break up the monotony. His chest looks like the roof of the car, but it's actually fake, and the real roof is on his heels. The head is a bit big compared to average transformer. His torso is really thin, but his arms and legs are pretty thick. This gives him good stability, and allows him to be posed in many stances. I've got him on one leg right now.

He's also got 17 useful points of articulation. Three on each arm (not counting the wrist), four on each leg, and a working waist joint. His neck also has two points of articulation.

Bumblebee comes with two snap on rocket thrusters, which can be attached two his back in robot mode as a kind of jet pack (called "rocket assisted jumps" on the box). On the car, the rockets act as some sort of booster, presumably for added speed. The rockets are cast light blue, but mostly painted silver.

Bumblebee's arms also house energy stingers, but they still show when you fold them back. The stingers can join together, to form a drill like weapon. It's too short though. The stingers are cast in light blue plastic.

Transformation: 8 Robot's easy, but the car sometimes doesn't fit if a part on the back is not lifted up, and it's easy to forget.

Durability: 10 Dropped him onto tiles from nearly two metres up, and not a scratch.

Fun: 7 Great for display, but the robot lacks weaponry that is actually practical for combat.

Price: 8 At retail, he's reasonable. The internet is a bit pricey when it comes to shipping.

Overall: 8 He's reasonable for a deluxe, but one of his main selling factors is his popularity. If not for his appeal and nostalgia factor, he would be just an average figure. I you like Bumblebee, or Animated, get him. Otherwise, there are better toys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The pics!!! Finally!!! This is ready for upload.
Attachments
Image579-001.jpg
Image578-001.jpg
Image577-001.jpg
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I'll get pics uploaded once i figure out why my computer wont read my mini sd card. Should be up in a few weeks.

I'd appreciate it if someone proof read the review. :)

EDIT: Pics in the next week or so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Review for Power Up VT6 [proofed]

Post by Blackjack »

Name Power Up VT6
Alligeance Decepticon
Function Hypnotist

"Gaming the System"

As dangerous as he is slick looking, POWER UP VT6 is a master of manipulation. Able to connect to any data source within range, he specializes in deleting important information. Few DECEPTICONS are as frustrating to have around. Be careful when interacting with him; special receptors in his screen can scramble your brain right through your eyeballs.

The reason I want to do this review is that Power Up is my first Transformer. I mean, other people have Minibots like Beachcomber or Bumblebee, but I have this guy. Previously (pre-2007) I had had other Transformers before (I remember playing with RiD Megatron and BW Transmetal Airazor), but they were either Knockoffs or my evil Mother threw them out after they broke.

Power Up I get after watching the movie, and was my first step in my growing 'serious' collection. He hasn't appeared in any fiction...yet... But I love him just the same.

ALTERNATE MODE
It is the unusual alternate mode that drew me to this li'l feller. I wasn't a fan of non-vehicular alternate modes (except for Soundwave and his cassettes) without offensive capabilities, but Power Up... is something else. A game console! I've NEVER remembered seeing anyone with this alt mode save for the Playstation real gear.

This looks like it has been based on Nintendo's Game Boy Micro or Game Boy Advanced, and has a standard directional pad on one side, and four colourful buttons on the other side. On the center bottom there are two painted buttons I assume are 'start' and 'select'. This is a great alternate mode and realistic (if kiddy) enough.

The screen, according to the tech specs can hypnotize humans (bit of a Mindwipe reference here...) It bears a picture of Cybertron Jetfire being targeted by the player. DIE JETFIRE!!!! BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM!!! The score is 096/100, and there is a caption 'Plane' and 'Transform' on the bottom left. Oh, and there is a pudgy Decepticon symbol on the bottom right.

TRANSFORMATION
If you has read my previous reviews before I has never described transformation. For this wee fella, I will make an exception. This is a bit hard... Okay. Pull out the black parts at the same time, and pull it out. Hey legs! Pull them down slowly and at the same time and form the lower body. It's done. Huh? you ask. This little guy has... AUTOMORPH!! With the aid of gears, when you pull those legs, the head and shoulder pop out! Just pull the arms down, and Power Up is ready for battle. This makes Power Up the only one (for now) Real Gear with Automorph. Heck, even Deluxe Bonecrusher doesn't have Automorph!

ROBOT MODE
In robot mode little Power Up resembles... Soundwave. Seriously. Of course the colours are all wrong, and the head is of G2 Clench, but look. The screen forms the chest. The shoulders look like Soundwave. The huge legs that form the sides of the alt mode, the buttons near the crotch... In short, this is Soundwave in white and black with a new alternate mode. I mean, we have 'Reflector' and 'Laserbeak', so why not 'Soundwave'? I'm rambling, let's go on....

Quite boxy, adding to the G1-esque look. He has thirteen (!) movement points. Yes, you read that right, THIR-TEEN. For a tiny guy. One on each shoulder, one on each elbow, one on each wrist (though it doesn't move much), one on each thigh, one on each knee, the head, and the two parts on the leg that rotate during transformation.

Power is best displayed in this mode. He looks powerful, but sadly doesn't come with guns or weapons. Boo. One last thing to note. His head can be removed, so if the urge hits you to kill him horribly...

Transformation 0 for hardness, but 8 for design! Great work Hasbro!
Durability 8 Nothing that can break or get loose too much (unlike Spy Shot) as long as you don't drop him.
Price 9 Excellent for a scouts class figure, but a gun would be nice...
fun 6 Here's where he loses mark. He's nicely poseable, but no gun=no fun.
Overall 8 I love my first Transformer, and he makes a great action figure and display piece. However, by himself he's not that fun... He is a troop builder, just like the Minibots.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

pics for the little guy
Attachments
Image576-001.jpg
Image575-001.jpg
zeoman4.5

Review of Power Up VT6

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Name Power Up VT6
Function Unknown
Group 07 Movie Real Gear Robots Decepticon

"Gaming the System"

As dangerous as he is slick looking, POWER UP VT6 is a master of manipulation. Able to connect to any data source within range, he specializes in deleting important information. Few DECEPTICONS are as frustrating to have around. Be careful when interacting with him; special receptors in his screen can scramble your brain right through your eyeballs.

Ahh memories..... I remember back almost a year ago when TF fans of all ages
where waiting patiently, or not, for the yet unreleased Movie toys. On the
very day they were marked for release at local retailers, my brother and I
rush out, on bikes, to the nearest Walmart to get our toy hoarding hands on
some new figures. The first thing I noticed was that the Walmart was late on
stocking their toys and I had to stop my brother from crying After that ordeal was over we left Walmart and rushed to the Kmart down the road. They had the figures, for $3 more than the list price of every figure. Any how, one of the things that caught my eye first was the Real Gear figures. My bro and
I each picked up one. He got Power UP and I got Longview. I am reviewing the Power Up figure, and I will now get on with it.

Alternate mode
Power Up's alternate form is that of a hand held gaming system. It is a sort of
mix between a Nintendo Game Boy Micro and a Sony PSP. The button
configuration is basically a direction pad on the left, four colored buttons on
the right, and a pair of black buttons, presumably the Start and Select/back
buttons. The details on the front of the system are pretty good. There is a
small speaker moulded on the front under the screen, a small battery light
on the top left, and of course the screen itself. The screen is a sticker of a
non-existent Transformers game. It depicts a city backdrop with Cybertron
Jetfire firing at the screen, and the basic icons on the screen of a shooter.
(Score, Health bar, and Aiming Reticule) It also has his own Decepticon badge on it as well, blending in very well I might add. From the front it is
quite nice but from any other angle it is easy to see it as a fake. From the top
you can see the robot head, from the bottom you can see his legs, and from
the rear it is just flat. Its a very novel transformation, but I can't say its very
good because it lacks in realism, although the buttons can be pressed unlike
some other Real Gears.

Robot Mode
After his mostly Automorph transformation process, you have his robot mode.
It slightly resembles the form of the Original Soundwave, but it is also really
off. His body is mainly the screen with the Start and Select buttons near the
waist of the robot, like how Soundwave has a set of buttons in the same
place. His two sides now are his arms and legs. The lower portions with the
D-pad and buttons are now his very over sized lower legs. They are way too
big compared to his body thickness and just look out of place. You would
think having such large feet would help him stand, but they have round heals,
so he falls over like nobody's business. His arms are a little on the flimsy side
but look OK. Pincher hands are a nice touch. His head is pretty nice, its very
sleek and has a pair of beady little eyes and a scowl. His overall color scheme
is grey and black, with a bit of neon green on the face and feet and purple on
mid-arms, waist, hips and hands. His eyes have good light piping on them as
well.

He has reasonable articulation, mostly ball and hinge joints. Thirteen points
in all. Other than his pincher hands, he has no weapons, and honestly
nothing worth mentioning. He is very bland, obscure almost. I don't really like
his robot mode. It makes me all nostalgic for G1 Soundwave, but turns out like
playing a game of Transformers the Mystery of Convoy online, disappointing.

Marks out of Ten for the following:

Price 5 He cost $7.99 for the little content he delivers, not the best
for the price.
Transformation 3 Not very difficult, kinda fun though...
Durability 7 Holds together well, but I haven't given it much play...
Fun 5 He is basic, plain, lacks anything other than basic robot play and
the novelty of being hand held.
Overall 5 He isn't the worst TF ever, but he is no must have. This guy
has spent nearly a year on my shelf and seen so little play. I can say he is
only really worth getting if you want all the Real Gear figures or if you are a
die hard video game fan.
Blackjack

Review of Cybertron Metroplex [proofed]

Post by Blackjack »

Name: Metroplex
Alligeance:Autobot
Subgroup:Giant Planet
Function:construction

I'm betting most of the people who has watched the original g1 series remember Autobot City, who can transform into a city sized Transformer...METROPLEX!!!

When the original Metroplex toy came out, I can imagine the young fans' reactions to it. A city! A city! In the G1 series many 'cities' were made by Hasbro. Countdown, Skystalker, Scorponok, big ole' Fortress Maximus and Trypticon to name a few. But before them, there was... Metroplex.

In 2006, the Cybertron line named the Japanese Galaxy Force character Megalo Convoy, the big boss of Giant Planet, as Metroplex. It is befitting that such a powerful leader gets a name as powerful as him.

Metroplex is the head foreman of the Transformers on Gigantion. While he is a calm, quiet and clever guy, like all non-Minicon Gigantions (well, the named ones are Quickmix, Menasor and a crane like Longrack from the toyline) he is immense in size and strength. He tasked the Gigations with forever building cities on his home world, and then immediately abandoning them as a way to forever look to their peaceful future and avoid the past, which was war-torn. The Constructicons will have a nice play in there.

ALTERNATE MODE
This new incarnation of Metroplex does not transform into a city, but rather a large Cybertronian construction vehicle. Let them call it a construction vehicle. It looks more like a demolition or assault vehicle, ready to tear Decepticon strongholds down! What an alternate mode, like, for a peace-loving builder.

In this mode Metroplex looks boxy, and the general look, if you remove that bloody large axe/shovel of his, resembles the battle station mode of the G1 toy. Metroplex's 'buzz saw' on the back is a bit impractical on the position, if it classifies as an error.

The front of the vehicle is two ramming things resembling a bulldozer. He is sturdy, and heavy. Looks like he is well armoured too... Actually it resembles G1 Roadblock, but while Roadblock was based on a 'bulldozer', big M here is based on a 'steam shovel'.

Metroplex in this mode looks great, and his minicon Drillbit on the shovel also looks like a part of him. His head is turned around and the antenna turned down, a lá the original toy. This way the head looks like a cockpit or G1 Omega Supreme's head. Kind of. "someone's in my head!"-G1 Metroplex.

Colour wise, he is colourful without being too flashy, with white and gray being the main colour here, inter spliced with black, two shades of blue and hints of red and gold. Kibbles are not too visible, other than the hands/fists being quite visible, and Sparkdrinker's handle being on the top of the alternate mode.

ROBOT MODE
After a long but straightforward transformation (with many clicking parts. aargh.), Metroplex stands about 13" tall, almost as tall as Supreme Starscream, Movie Leader figures and Energon Omega Supreme, (many thanks to Detective Barricade for the measurements!) taller than G1 Metroplex, and definitely towering over teeny tiny little guys from the LOC and Scouts class.

Despite the I-don't-really-know-what-it-is accent he uses in the show, Metroplex has a few precious scenes, stomping Megatron with one foot, and shooing away the Decepticons with his hands. One of his better lines, commenting about the brashness of the human kids, "Optimus Prime, your troops are so good that they know what you are going to order them before you even say it."

This is by far one of the most magnificent robot modes ever seen. His face, with red eyes that shine beautifully, faces a grim resolute to uphold truth, justice and the Autobot way.

He has shorter arms compared to the rest of the body, but really, really long legs. Metroplex here is the centerpiece of my collection, displayed between Movie Leader Megatron and Ultimate Bumblebee, with a load of Scout sized figures under them.

Metroplex's feet are really wide, and have roller blades, a leftover from the vehicle mode. His weapon, the axe Sparkdrinker, is as tall as him, and he looks great holding it. He is very sturdy, and won't tip over. Colour wise more red and gold and black appear, replacing some of the gray. Kibble wise, nearly no kibble is visible (easy, as the robot mode seems to be all the work Hasbro put into, these Cybertronian alt modes are making them laze-eeey) except for the 'caterpillar treads' on the hands and the bulldozer thingies on the feet.

Play wise Metroplex is very fun. It is fun using him in vehicle mode crashing through Decepticons, but more fun in robot mode STOMPING them. I display my Metroplex with a LOC Barricade crushed underfoot.

'WORK' MODE
Every large transformer has this: a slightly mistransformed version called a third mode. Metroplex becomes shorter with his legs and torso half the size, folded in vehicle mode style, and it looks horrible, like a Frankenstein monster.

Work mode admittedly is much sturdier than robot mode, but it is harder to pose, and Sparkdrinker doesn't really fit on him. He did assume this mode on smaller environments at times in the cartoon, I'll grant you that.

This mode, thankfully, has no 'side effects' on the toy as a whole, unlike a certain green triple changer from G1...

SPARKDRINKER, THE AXE
No Megatron is complete without the fusion cannon, no Optimus Prime is complete without the gun. Metroplex comes with a multi functional axe, the Spardrinker.

In vehicle mode it forms the shovel, with drill bit on top, and the circular saw at the back. In robot mode, it is the weapon! The saw circulates, the shovel opens and closes... Put in the planet key and the saw splits, a light comes out with a sound effect. Metroplex's axe has four places of movement, five if you count the saw.

Rant time. I know there is no perfect toy, but Metroplex is pretty close... If the hands can grip Sparkdrinker more tightly. It falls off quite easily. Oh, they should also give him a freakin' big gun. Then we can name it 'Six Gun' again...

DRILL BIT
Keeping up with the original toy, Metroplex comes with a bonus Transformer (no, not Scamper)! Drillbit is a Minicon, and has three places where it can attach to. In appearance he has a basic face. Tuck and twist, he turns into a Cybertronian (Gigatronian?) double drill machine that resembles G1 Twin twist. Drill Bit's name first appears as a Predacon, then a few odd Minicons here and there, but I guess it's better than his Japanese name, who sounds nothing like him. "Horribull"? That's a 'horrible' Decepticon Headmaster!

He can attach to Sparkdrinker's shovel, into a place where only he can fit in. In vehicle mode it looks like Metroplex will do the large destroying or building part, while Drilly does the more intricate jobs.

He can also link up traditionally via the minicon peg at Metro's arms on his... Back? Drillbit's face and body can be seen clearly, and spoils the effect. Apparently Drill-Bit is based roughly on Armada Leader-1. However, Drillbit is not a repaint or a retool, but a remake. And look at the horrible effect it did. Leader-1 is a great Minicon, but Drillbit...

TRANSFORMATION 9/10 Well thought off, other than Drillbit's mounting showing his ugly face.
DURABILITY 10/10 Nothing that can break too early, but the spikies on the back of the shoulder can go runaway.
PRICE 10/10 Got it for a discount. They're clearing the Cybertron toys for Movie and Animated. Yay.
FUN 10/10 "Metroplex smash Decepticons!"
OVERALL 10/10 If you collect big toys, grab im. If you collect for fun, grab him. If you like playing, grab him. If you like Metroplex, grab him. If you like poseable toys for display, grab him. If you like Transformers, grab him. Simple right?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Pics:
1. Vehicle mode
2. Work Mode with Drill Bit in Robot mode
Attachments
Image582-001.jpg
Image581-001.jpg
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

3. Metroplex robot mode with Cyber Key, and Deluxe Scorponok as size comparison.
4. Same pic with Scorpy edited out.
Attachments
Image584-002.jpg
Image584-001.jpg
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Metroplex only comes up to about 13" tall. He stands nearly as tall as Supreme Starscream and Energon Omega Supreme, but Fort Max will still dwarf him. Nice review, though!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
electro girl

Star Wars Boba Fett [proofed]

Post by electro girl »

Tech specs
Strength 9
Intelligence 10
Speed 8
Endurance 10
Rank 10
Courage 10
Firepower 10
Force knowledge NA

Name: Boba Fett
Allegiance: Presumably whoever pays the most
Function: Bounty hunter
Sub group: Star wars

A bounty hunter never stops for rest, especially while hunting his prize catch. Boba Fett, the galaxy's most notorious bounty hunter, has been tracking Han Solo for months. using modified armour and new shape shifting technology, Fett morphs into slave 1 mode and flies to Coruscant, where Solo was last spotted.

Whilst being aware of the Star wars Transformers line, I wasn't too interested at first as I had only seen the Vader, Anakin and Darth Maul toys. But when I was shopping in ASDA I saw this on the shelf and thought WOW my favourite Star wars character was right there in front of me in the medium of Transformers. so I slung it in the trolley and took it home.

The figure comes with a tiny Boba Fett figure which fits into the cockpit in robot and alt mode and has two pistols (making him more akin to Jango Fett) and a firing missile

Alternate mode

This is the mode the figure comes packaged in and is Boba Fetts iconic ship Slave 1. Originally a police ship on the prison moon of Oovo 4, it has been repainted into the familiar green and brown of the original trilogy since it was under the ownership of Jango Fett.(a paintjob that looks a lot better on the box). This mode is very well detailed and is covered in various vents and whatnot. The main colour of this mode is a light green/grey with different sections coloured in a kind of mouldy green and a darker more robust green. The next most prominent colour is the red/brown of the ships base which has the nice effect of the faded and chipped paint of a battle hardened ship. The ships wings are a fawney beige with highlights of silver red and orange, an overall very pleasant paintjob.

The best part about this mode is that its Slave 1 what more do you want? Oh and the wings and guns rotate which is a nice touch.
The drawbacks in this made are as follows. The hip joint is a bit loose which means the ship can droop in the middle if unsupported so I don't display it in this mode in fact I don't display it often at all but more on that later. Also the top section of the base which folds away in robot mode is hollow and moves around a bit.

Robot mode

This is my favourite mode of the two but the transformation is fiddly and it helps to remove the mini Fett so I just leave him in the box. The head flips up by opening the cock pit window which can wear after repeated use (I've to super glue mine back together after I knocked it over and the weakened plastic snapped with ease so now you know why I don't display it). The arches over the wings rotate up to become shoulder pads and the wings fold out to become arms this is by far the trickiest and fiddliest part of the transformation process which is difficult to grasp at first as the arms often pop out (Especially one of mine which is loose). The top part of the base in alt mode folds up and goes behind the cockpit and is covered by Fetts trademark backpack and rocket launcher which folds up from the base. The legs are formed by rotating the hips forward and pulling the ships hull down to reveal the knees, the feet then fold out from the bottom.

He is fairly poseable even with a loose arm and even though the legs cant move very far forward a variety of cool poses can be achieved which look even better with the twin pistols. Just standing nonchalantly has a good look to it but if the figure falls on its back the missile can fire and quite far as well which is good. Also the guns can be stored on his legs when not in use.

This is a good fun figure with very good stats and despite its shortcomings in durability is a good purchase and an essential one for Boba Fett fans.

Transformation: 9 Can be tricky for beginners and isn't helped by the fiddly nature of the parts.
Durability: 5 Parts snap of easily during transformation which is irritating and my cockpit window broke off.
Fun: 8 An iconic character who is enjoyable to use despite loose parts.
Price: 8 At £12 the Star Wars line is slightly more expensive than a standard deluxe but they are a bit bigger and I suppose your paying for the characters.
Overall: 8 A great character and a decently poseable robot mode is let down by poor durability but is worth a purchase.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

For reviews, use the shift key. Not sure if it's an intentional gimmick thing you've got going on, but it probably won't fly on the main site.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Cliffjumper wrote:For reviews, use the shift key. Not sure if it's an intentional gimmick thing you've got going on, but it probably won't fly on the main site.
do you mean use capitol letters?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

:up:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah. Basic respect for the person who's formatting/uploading reviews, and the suchlike.

And indeed people you're "talking" to anywhere online.

If you need a word processor to compose text in, try http://www.openoffice.org/ or http://www.abisource.com/ -- copies of both that don't require installing and can be run from a USB stick are also available here: http://portableapps.com/apps
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

BEHOLD!!!

Now with capitols and bold text!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

This is actually a pretty good review, I never really like the Star Wars Transformers, but Boba Fett sounds like a passable buy. I might look for it. Good job, and yeah Capitialization/Basic Formatting is a must.

Oh and OpenOffice is great. It's what I usually use unless I have to use a specific program for an assignment (Glares at his copy of Office 2007)
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

thanks its my first reveiw
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

electro girl wrote:capitols
A capitol's a type of government building, just FYI.