No
No votes

Total votes: 0

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

i du feel a bit sillee now.
in mi defense i did kwit a-level english last week
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Like most people, you'd probably be fine with some practice and getting into good habits. I know people teaching subjects at degree level who have trouble stringing a sentence together, and it's not dyslexic or similar -- they try to switch between a casual style and one for work. Whereas if you do stuff enough, it becomes automatic.
Blackjack

Movie Armorhide-[proofed]

Post by Blackjack »

Name: Armorhide
Allegiance: Autobot
Function: Walmart Exclusive

Up against an enemy like MEGATRON and his followers, the AUTOBOTS can't afford to be nice. To ARMORHIDE, this fight is about nothing other than total victory, and the only way he sees to achieve that is to become as much like the DECEPTICONS as possible. He knows OPTIMUS PRIME doesn't approve of his methods and he doesn't care. Once the DECEPTICONS are wiped out the historians can argue as long as they'd like about whether his way of fighting this war was right or not, but at least they'll do it in peace and safety.

Armorhide (or Armourhide for UK) is another Autobot I bought for his cheapness. I bought him as a bonus with my Elita One, I just couldn’t resist. Armorhide is, from what I gather in Wikipedia, a repaint of a toy with the same name from Transformers Cybertron.

The name Armorhide has been used a few times, namely for a Brawl remake in the Robots in Disguise series, a Mini-Con for Rhinox in Armada and the aforementioned Autobot in TF Cybertron. Armorhide is now a black, silver and yellow repaint of his original white, silver and neon blue colours, a straight improvement in my opinion.

VEHICLE MODE
Armorhide transforms into a semi-truck cab, reminiscent of Huffer. His cab is curved at the top, so the similarities increase. Painted in straight black, silver and yellow, Armorhide is now more militiastic than the original TF Cybertron neon guy.

He has six wheels, two on front and four on the back, where the cab is supposed to be. Instead of a cab, however, is a tow truck (that doubles as a non-working missile launcher in robot mode). The Cyber Key is still there, but instead of an Earth Planet one, this one is remoulded from the Decepticon Cyber Key, and still bears the indented Decepticon insignia on the back. Up front is coloured with a Sector 7 Symbol and the Allspark.

Sticking the Cyber Key in pushes down the grille, and reveals a missile rack with eight non-firing missiles. However, with the Cyber Key stuck in, Armorhide’s tow truck must be removed.

As an additional bonus however, the Cyber Key can be attached to the tow truck when not in use, so you won’t lose it.

ROBOT MODE
After a series of twists, tucks and turns, Armorhide is in robot mode. The loading bay becomes his arms, the top of the cab his legs, the face pops out of the bottom of the cab.

In this mode Armorhide is sturdy, and looks powerful… for such a tiny guy. As a Scouts Class figure, Armorhide is quite short, shorter than Elita One and Spy Shot. However, wielding his tow-ensemble gun, (which also doesn’t fire… Oh well you can’t have everything.) he looks like he could kick some Decepticon butt.

The ball joint in his neck grows loose with repeated transformation, I warn you. Inserting the Cyber Key does the same effect as before, only the grill rises up on his chest.

Armorhide is great in both modes, but I personally prefer the vehicle mode over his robot mode, as the top part is a little boxy. Besides, he looks like he can ram things in vehicle mode too.

Nothing more to say about this guy, but I would prefer him over any Real Gear Robots anytime. Oh, one last thing! Although his tech specs and the packaging indicate that he is an Autobot,there is NO, I repeat NO Autobot symbol anywhere on this guy. There isn't any symbol actually, other than the Decepticon indent in the Cyber Key. Perhaps he's a Decepticon infiltrator? Your choice.

TRANSFORMATION: 4. Easy enough. Throw the instructions away.
DURABILITY: 8. Not gonna break too easy, but watch the neck joint.
PRICE: 10. For a Scout Class, he has a gimmick, a vehicle mode, and more importantly a WEAPON!!! Buy this over the Real Gear things.
FUN: 8. Armorhide is a nice low-priced troop builder for my tiny force of Autobots.
OVERALL: 6. Like most of the Scout/Real Gear Class figures, not too great. But what can you expect from these guys? They’re cute, and at least Armorhide has a GUN!!! Bloddy hell, how many cheap Autobots do you see having a gun or any weapon of some sort?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Pics. This is easily ready for upload.
Attachments
Image587-001.jpg
Image585-001.jpg
Image589-001.jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

Denyer wrote:Whereas if you do stuff enough, it becomes automatic.
And, gosh darn it, half the time I write and talk like a windfarm Environmental Impact Assessment ecology chapter!

;)

Grand review!

I similarly haven't really found the Star Wars TFs appealing, but at least they do sound like they're well thought out and fun.

I did think about picking up Boba Fett way back when, as I have always loved the design, and he does work better as a mech than most Star Wars characters, thanks to the helmet and various techno details there to begin with - but, I couldn't help thinking he looks like he really hit the pies and ales at the local inn after escaping from the sarlacc...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Boba Fett dose lend himself well to Transformers as do the clones but the jedi dont as they are not armored or mechanical
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
numbat

Post by numbat »

electro girl wrote:Boba Fett dose lend himself well to Transformers as do the clones but the jedi dont as they are not armored or mechanical
My thoughts exactly.

:up:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Thanks for the info! Have edited the review accordingly...
Blackjack

Review for Disc Launcher Frenzy [proofed]

Post by Blackjack »

Name: Frenzy
Version: Disc Blast Decepticon Frenzy (thanks Treadshot A1)
Line: Movie
Function: Ugly rendition of a perfectly good character

"Oh s***!"

Ah, Frenzy. Let's start with the character's history. He is one of the original Decepticons, and we all know he turns into a cassette warrior with his 'brother' Rumble. While in the cartoon their names were reversed and Rumble hogs the spotlight, Frenzy was always there, and in the comics. Then, Frenzy was used as a name for a Go-Bot. The name was not used again until the 2007 Movie, for a role originally designated to Soundwave. This Frenzy.... Watch the movie! He speaks in Cybertronian gibberish, gives the middle finger, and says "Oh Shit!" In no time, I fell in love with him.

Okay. I got some time to burn, so I'll review this little guy. Let's start from the time I got him. I was not too happy about the tiny Frenzy that came with deluxe Barricade. I mean, we all want a proper deluxe-sized toy for our beloved maniac skeletal spy. Because I just love Frenzy.

Then, I met this version. A simplified kiddy version of Frenzy. Okay, so "it's not too bad" I thought when looking at it. "At least I can get a Frenzy that transforms into a boom box rather than something resembling a Powermaster engine."

Stupid me. I wasn't thinking. I was disappointed. Not only does Frenzy have a sorely inaccurate alt mode, a portable radio instead of the funky angular boom box he has in the movie, but basically the robot mode also sucks. Why? Let's see. But history first.

Frenzy is red, Rumble is blue. No, Rumble is red, Frenzy is blue. No, both of them are blue. No, Frenzy is red!!! Rumble is red!!! Frenzy is red!! Rumble is purple!!! Frenzy is silver!!! Rumble is blue!!! Frenzy is red!!! Rumble is blue!!! Rumble is red!!! Frenzy is blue!!! Frenzy is colourful!!! And so on...

Alternate Mode
I usually start with the mode packaged in, but here I'll start with the alternate mode first. The Movie Line is famous for making super-realistic alternate modes (see my review of Payload). All the Movie toys, even the 'kiddy' line, almost all have more-or-less accurate versions of their alternate mode with the movie.

The key word in the sentence being 'almost'. Well, this guy not only turns into a VERY inaccurate boom box compared to the movie, by being round at the side. The movie has funky sharp edges.

Basically, if you ignore the inaccuracy of it, you can appreciate *coughs* the details *coughs* that are given in this. This is painted light gray, with the speakers silvery-gray, some parts and the buttons black, the screen blue with "Frenzy 97.7", and two Decepticon signals. And the bloody antenna. That's all.

Also, the back part of the boom box sucks. Press the thing on the back and a shuriken-style disc pops out from the CD compartment. At least one accuracy with the movie!

Robot Mode
Quoting Frenzy himself, "Oh s***!" The robot mode sucks! Instead of the skeletal nimble tiny guy in the movie, we get an awkward blocky robot with thin arms and legs.

Regarding the head, the optics are red instead of blue in the movie, but that's the only problem. HAHAHAHAHA! I'm only bluffing. The head is formed by one half of the speakers, resulting in an appearance similar to G1 Backstreet. The antenna hanging there is not helping either.

The four arms redeem it, but it's not very poseable.

Look it from the side, and OMG! This guy is so wide, it is wider than most (excluding Payload) Deluxe figures. The kibble is stashed in the back, resulting in a top-heavy figure. (though not as bad as earlier lines.)

Egh. I'm not gonna say anymore. DON'T BUY THIS FIGURE!!! Buy the Action Master Frenzy (Okay, technically it is Robot Heroes, but Action Master sounds better) or the Deluxe Barricade. Spare the pain.

Transformation 2 Hey. This is for kids.
Durability 6 should be durable enough.
Price 0 This sucks, if this is not the only Frenzy that transforms into a boom box I wouldn't have bought it.
Fun 1 Disc Launch! After that it is boring.
Overall 3 Don't buy it. Seriously.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I don't mean to offend anyone, but isn't it Disc Blast Decepticon Frenzy? Otherwise, me like review.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Thanks Treadshot A1! I have edited the post accordingly.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

If i could edit it myself i would, but i can't so when you say "The four arms redeem it" do you mean "the fore arms redeem it"? Coz i don't remember my frenzy having four arms...

"Not only Frenzy has a sorely inaccurate alt mode, a portable radio instead of the funky angular boombox he has in the movie, basically the robot mode also sucks."

Shouldn't that be "Not only does Frenzy have a sorely inaccurate alt mode, a portable radio instead of the funky angular boombox he has in the movie, but basically the robot mode also sucks."

Otherwise, the review's great! you make me regret buyin' it though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Transformer Kamen

Beast Wars Neo Sharp Edge-[proofed]

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Name: Sharp Edge
Function: Deep Sea Assault
Subgroup: Beast Wars Neo Deluxe Beasts

"There is no point to living if you don’t have enemies to fight."

While a bit short on sense, Sharp Edge is the scary type who will charge right in without thinking too deeply once he receives an order. He believes that continuing to fight is proof that you're alive. He has a capacity for incredible speed, and the powerful cutter hidden in his flukes, known as Diamond Tail, is his highly deadly ultimate weapon.

Strength: 7 Intelligence: 5 Speed: 9 Endurance: 6 Rank: 7 Courage: 7 Firepower: 7 Skill: 6

Alternate Mode:

In beast mode, Sharp Edge has the unique form of a saw-shark, though the mold itself is a redeco and slight retool of the original Cyber Shark mold, which was also further remolded into Beast Wars II Hellscream and Transformers Universe Overbite. Sharp Edge looks very convincing in this mode, with no discernible robot kibble. Unfortunately, he is molded in a straight line, giving the figure very little “life” in this mode, and as a shark he has no articulation to speak of despite the ball joints present in his fins. Lack of articulation aside, he stands quite well one his fins for display.

The mold itself is quite solid (though somewhat anatomically inaccurate). The shark’s particular snout is the figure’s most outstanding feature and looks quite dangerous. Otherwise, there are appropriate grooves that make the shark’s “skin” feel less smooth, though these details are not noticeable from a distance. What is noticeable are the striking grey and blue pattens painted on the figure that fade in to a sandy brown on the figure’s belly. I can’t stress enough how well the paint is done on this figure. The addition of creepy yellow for his eyes definitely makes Sharp Edge stand out in a crowd.

Sharp Edge has only one feature in this mode. Pressing the trigger on the top of his head launches the shark’s head, pretty far as well, and reveals red painted and mechanically detailed upper jaw, a nice touch.

Aquatic creatures being relatively rare for beast-formers, Sharp Edge adds a unique creature to the line up.

Robot Mode:

Sharp Edge’s robot mode doesn’t offer any new colors. Instead, the grey/blue pattern gives way to red, dark grey, and light grey, giving a nice contrast of colors.

Unlike his rather plain beast mode, Sharp Edge has quite a bit of sculpted detail in robot mode. His arms and legs have a shark skin pattern amid other mechanical grooves. The underside of the shark halves are awash with circuitry as well. The organic side of the figure isn’t forgotten either, particularly in his face which bears a crest not unlike his beast mode’s dorsal fin.

Sharp Edge has excellent articulation. Hips, shoulders, and head are all on ball joints, and his thighs and arms have additional swivel joints along with the standard elbow and knee joints. However, due to his transformation, Sharp Edge has quite a bit of weight on his back and has trouble balancing unless he’s holding one or both of his weapons.

His weapons are formed from the head and tail of the saw-shark, a sword and claw respectively. He also has a missile launcher in his chest and stores two missiles in his back.

Sharp Edge’s beast mode was good and his robot mode continues to deliver good things.

Transformation: Easy. All he does is split open. 2/10

Durability: My figure is a little loose in the elbows and hips but seems sturdy otherwise 7/10

Fun: Sharks are cool and a saw-shark is rather interesting. In robot mode he has nice gimmicks. 9/10

Price: He’s available both individually and packaged with Hardhead; both are rather pricey. 3/10

Overall: Sharp Edge is a good figure. Even if you already have the original Cybershark figure, he’s retooled enough that he feels like a completely new figure. If you can find him for a reasonable price I recommend picking him up. 7/10
Attachments
Heinradsharpedge004.jpg
Heinradsharpedge003.jpg
Heinradsharpedge002.jpg
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Thanks Treadshot, you're helping me a lot with my grammar.

But actually, Frenzy DOES have four arms, two branching from each elbow. Look at the Movie images and you'll see it.:)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Pics of Frenzy
Attachments
Image595.jpg
Image594.jpg
Image593.jpg
Clay

Post by Clay »

Treadshot A1 wrote:If i could edit it myself i would, but i can't so when you say "The four arms redeem it" do you mean "the fore arms redeem it"? Coz i don't remember my frenzy having four arms...
Frenzy does indeed have four arms, or at least four forearms. The small toy that's included with Barricade is sculpted the same way, and it's part of the animation model as well (though it's hard to tell because he bounces around so much).
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Most welcome!:D I have Metroplex, which is how I know about his size. I remember that his size in full robot mode was advertised on the box as well.:)

Edit: His Alt mode is a Bucket-wheel excavator (based off of anyway).:) According to Wikipedia, they're used primarily in surface mining, and are among the largest land vehicles in the world.:eek:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Frenzy does have four lower arms. You see it best in the movie where he's hacking into the United States' network from Air Force One. Come to think of it, that's about the only time Frenzy is active and still at the same time. Good review, Blackjack!:D
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

OK, sorry. i still consider it four forearms, though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zeoman4.5

Review of Photon T-34 [proofed]

Post by zeoman4.5 »

Name Photon T-34
Group 07 Movie Real Gear Decepticons
Function Sabotage

"Scout, Shoot, Sabotage"

Photon T-34 works alone. He doesn't like other robots getting in the way of
his work, which is sabotaging Autobot structures. Special sensors in his lenses
let him target and analyze the worst weakness of any structure. He uses this data to plan the dramatic destruction of roads, bridges, and buildings when
the Autobots least expect it.

Let me just say that the original purpose for me getting this figure was to
alleviate my extreme boredom at college. After a matter of hours of deliberation, I went to the closest store that sold Transformers and then came another
time of indecision. About thirty minutes later I emerged from the store with
my new Photon T-34 figure. I do not usually purchase re-paints, especially
ones of figures I already own. I had liked Spy Shot, but firmly put my foot
down when I first was given info on the later sets of Real Gears. No matter
the circumstances, I did get another, and I'm gonna review this rather
obscure character.

Before I do the actual review, I just want to give a brief opinion on Real Gear,
and well the movie swag as a whole. It really upsets me that Hasbro brought
out so many figures of shoddy quality, that usually depicted nothing but
Hasbro's lack of creativity and desire for more money. I realize that many
Real Gear robots are good toys and I like the ones I own, but I know that the
whole reason for these figures wasn't to bring out quality figures for the
devoted fans but to make quick dollars off of the masses of unknowing kids.
That's just an opinion though, and although it bugs me, I won't let it get in
the way writing a fair review.

Gear Mode
Photon's alternate mode is a digital camera. He is a very generic and plain
one at that. Its a nice alternate form, that makes me a little nostalgic for the
original Reflector. His color scheme is mostly black with gray and silver for the
area around the lenses and on the buttons. He's not very well disguised
though. He has a bold white Decepticon insignia on the face, as well as his
name written on the bottom of the front. On top he has a single working
button, and it clicks well... On the back there are a few buttons,
a wide/tight angle button, a menu button, an arrow pad, a forward, and
reverse button. Finally there is a picture of the Movie Frenzy on the screen
on the back. Why he is spying on his on comrade is beyond me, but its a nice
touch.

Robot Mode
Now we have his robot mode. It looks a lot more like the robots from the
Armada through Cybertron set than anything seen in the Transformers movie.
In addition to the main black, there is still silver and gray on the lens area
and buttons, but now some gold on the upper legs, shoulders, and helmet.
There is a littler blue on his helmet and lower legs. His over all shape makes
him look rather blocky. The main lens serves as his body. His arms are
a split of the top and left side of the camera. His legs are the right side split.
He hides a lot of robot parts well in his little camera form. His face brings the
entire look of the figure together. The large square helmet encloses a smug
looking face with a pair of large lenses for eyes. He looks like he can see
right through you. Very nice.

His robot mode is reasonably articulated. Ball joints on the shoulders, hips,
and elbows. He's got knees that bend in two directions, and some very nice
pincher claws for hands. The head is also ball jointed, allowing him to look
around. He is very poseable, and with this new paint color, the mould is a
great display piece. Like most Real Gears he has no weapons, but he can do
without them. The only complaint I have is that the light piping in his eyes
does not work. Other than that and the fact that his lower arms come off
easily, he is a good figure. Fun, simply put.

Marks out of ten for the following:

Price 6 He cost me $7.99 which is a bit much for a weaponless TF.
Durability 7 The lower arms come off a lot, and the over all figure is
wobbly. No serious breakage yet....
Transformation 6 moderate difficulty, parts don't always want to come
together properly which makes it a pain.
Fun 8 He is a fun little bot, He fits in well in my collection and I can
appreciate him as a troop in my Decepticon army. Looks cool and plays well,
good combo.
Overall 7 It is a good figure and stands apart from his Autobot
counterpart. He is worth picking up if you are a fan of Real Gears, or
if you need a good figure to build up your collection.