Recommend me a ROTF Voyager class toy.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Blackjack

Recommend me a ROTF Voyager class toy.

Post by Blackjack »

... except Demolishor, I already have him. :)

Bottom line is, I'm looking for a good Voyager class toy, but can't really afford more than one. Which ones are the best?
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I've been impressed with both Starscream and Megatron. Of the two, I'd mark Megatron a bit higher due to slightly better posability in robot mode, and very impressive head sculpt. On the the other hand, Starscream has about the best jet mode ever produced (i.e. almost zero robot kibble). His hands do stick out the back, however.

Um, besides those two, the Fallen, and Demolisher, I'm drawing a blank on any Voyagers that are not re-paints that are out right now.

Relevant Reviews:

Starscream
Megatron
Megatron
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Stratosphere.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Megatron or Long Haul. Both of them are pretty cool. Or go for two deluxes like Rampage and Sideswipe.

Those and Demolisher are my top 5 ROTF figures. Probably in the order of Rampage, Long Haul (tentatively. Haven't had to much time with him yet, but his transformation is quite intuitive and he's pretty cool looking), Megatron, Sideswipe and Demolisher.

If you didn't pick up vpyager Prime from Movie 1 he's quite good as well.

Ravage is cool, but really hurt by his "curl up my legs and hide my face. viola [sic]!" alt-mode. Effectively he's got one mode that you'll probably play with unless you can figure out the "robot chicken" fan mode.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Long Haul. He really can dump things in vehicle mode. Plus, there are already mods out there to fix any view problems or hand articulation issues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Long Haul, absolutely. Granted, I took the extra step of touching him up paint-wise, but just as he is he's a great toy.

Seriously, look at that face. Can you honestly say no to that face?

(you'll have to paint the teeth on yours though...)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hmmm... thinking of getting Long Haul, because I really enjoyed his G1 character. Starscream... -looks at all the Starscreams shoved in a shelf- I think it's a pass. Megatron... I'm not such a fan of the tank mode.

Can't find Stratosphere anywhere, but then I am not particularlly looking very hard for him.

RAVAGE IS KEWL!!! :) :) :)
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Blackjack wrote:Hmmm... thinking of getting Long Haul, because I really enjoyed his G1 character. Starscream... -looks at all the Starscreams shoved in a shelf- I think it's a pass. Megatron... I'm not such a fan of the tank mode.

Can't find Stratosphere anywhere, but then I am not particularlly looking very hard for him.

RAVAGE IS KEWL!!! :) :) :)
I'm thinking of getting Long Haul as well, mainly because the more I see pictures of him the more I like the mold. He'd be my first movie based purchase as well.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Okay, so I'll be looking for Long Haul (and preferably review him as well). Is Mixmaster any good?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I really like Mixmaster. He's got a ton of joints and flex points, but it really works well. Great looking alt mode, and the robot mode comes together nicely. The arms have a bit of kibble, but nothing too awful. Besides, Long Haul needs a buddy.
DeathToLimes
Protoform

Post by DeathToLimes »

UGH all this talk of Long Haul is killing me...
Been looking in stores for over a month now and not seeing him. Youtube reviewers had him in like, April and I'm looking at not being able to pick him up before deployment.
Woe is me...
But yeah, anyways, Long haul seems awesome and aside from the arms, Starscream is a pretty good choice.
I do love me a screamer, after all
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Where do you live DTL? I'm in the Boston Area and he only showed up here last weekend so it's possible that you'll find him soon.

Good luck with deployment.
Blackjack wrote:Okay, so I'll be looking for Long Haul (and preferably review him as well). Is Mixmaster any good?
Mixmaster is all right. Kinda confusing transformation the first few times, and the barrel pieces have a tendency to pop off rather frequently, and don't really have anywhere to go in robot mode that isn't in the way.

He looks cool, but playwise is a bit of a dud. I'd recommend him only if you're really looking to have all the individual constructicons like I was.