[Original RPG] Collapse: The Rage to Overcome (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Hanger bay 17

(ooc: I have internet access again, so I'll be posting regularly again from here on out)

Powerglide stood to the side with his arms crossed passively as Springer and Monocole conversed with Gigatron and Octane. He couldn't help but raise his eyebrows (Transformers have eyebrows? I dunno, its just an expression) at the idea of giving the decepticons so much help, truce or no truce.

The information we get better be worth it, he thought. I hope they've thought about the implications of helping our long time enemies build a fleet of warships.

He leaned over to Springer and said, "my particular skillset would probably be best used in analyzing the speed, maneuverability, and weapons systems of the Imperial warships."

Inwardly, he thought, hopefully I can find some crippling flaw to use against the decepticons when they inevitably double-cross us.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay 17

Springer nods in response to Powerglide. "Yes, I agree. You should go with Topspin. He's going to analyze the Imperial ships weapon systems also. You can help him out with that."

Springer looks around and notices that the yet to be named micromaster is still there. "I'm assuming he is one of our tour guides, Gigatron?" Springer points towards the micromaster. "Powerglide, Topspin, go with that micromaster over there. I'm sure that he can bring you to where you want to be. I suggest that you start with the viewing rooms and gather the information needed there. After that, you might be able to do an inspection. Sky Lynx can take you up in orbit to view examples of Destroyer and a Fleet Auxiliary. Keep in mind that the Brest Force is up there. They're not the friendliest bunch of 'Cons I know."

Springer looks over at Scorponok. "You know Scorponok, why don't you show Monocole and me around? That way you can keep an eye on us yourself."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok tilted his head sideways, "A tour guide? Not exactly in my job description. In any case, though, I've just arrived, so we would be exploring this base together. Still I would be happy to keep an optic on you." Scorponok's scowl turned into a slight smile. "Springer, isn't it? Your friend looks familiar, though I've never heard of him before. Is he in the Autobot army?"

"My designation is Monocole, and my allegiance is a semi-retired Autobot. Now I am working as an informant for the cause." Monocole said. "It is a pleasure to meet you, general."

Scorponok nodded curtly. It is clear that the ex-Headmaster didn't think much of those with non-combat abilities, though for the sake of the temporary peace, he didn't let it show too much. "So, Lord Gigatron, shall I show the Autobots around?"

Monocole interrupted, and said, "Decepticon Lord Gigatron, I have some information regarding the fact that one of your officers is possibly an Imperial double agent in deep cover."

Scorponok snapped, "Autobot, I will not have you randomly accusing Decepticons of being double agents."

"I am merely giving information." Monocole replied indignantly. "Enclosed in this datadisk is the information about an Imperial agent stationed on Cybertron. Coincidentally he matches the description of the Decepticon Backstab, serving as propaganda officer in your army." Monocole tossed the disk to Gigatron. "What you do with the information is up to your discretion, although I implore you to look into the information."

Scorponok nodded slowly, making a noise that was a cross between a growl and a laugh. However, it's hard to tell wha he's thinking, as that ever-present angry scowl is still plastered on his face.

(OOC: Backstab is well and truly an Imperial spy. Up to you to decide what to do with him though, opskids.)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

ooc Hangar Bay 17 is seperate outside.

Hangar Bay 17

Gigatron looked at Monocle dubiosly

"You realisethat I am forced to treat this information with a certain amount of scepticism. It could be disinformation to distabilise my ranks plus i have to consider it's source lists of Imperial Double agents are unikely to be available on Cybertron at all. Also any assigned to duty on Cybertron would no doubt require extensive cosmetic remodelling to disguuise their Imperial Origin and their new guise would be I imagine an even more closely guarded secret. So Autobot from whence did you acquire this information if you are loathe to expose your source at least give a general backgrund."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay 17

Springer suddenly has a suprising look on his face. Wow! Now that is some intel. Springer thinks. I wish Monocole told me before we entered Crystal City. Altough he did say that he had information on something, I just didn't realize it would be that big. I'm glad he's on our side. Serves me right for not asking him.

Springer gives Monocole a friendly tap on the shoudler and smiles. "Nice play there, buddy" he whispers.

Springer looks over at Scorponok. "Oh, I'm so sorry oh great Scorponok" Springer says with a note of sarcasm. "I didn't mean to say that you were going to be our tour guide. I prefer that you show us around, because I'm sure that Gigatron has places to be. Besides, aside from Gigatron, you seem to be the only Decepticon around here that is known for his sense of honor and also known to keep his word. You and I are not so different."

Springer smiles. This is becoming more and more interesting by the nano-klik he thinks.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok nodded to Springer, saying, "I hope you keep your end of the bargain too. I've seen my share of trigger happy Autobots." He didn't believe for an instant that Monocole had obtained this information by legitimate means. Which is probably why he was kicked out of the Autobot army, Scorponok theorized.

Monocole, meanwhile, replied to Gigatron, "Actually, the information was from a now-deceased Decepticon... acquaintance of mine. We met during the reclamation of Cybertron. As you might remember the Imperials attacked one of your ships, Afterburner I believe was the mole. My acquaintance said he knew of a mech--Backstab--who was around whenever the Imperials attacked. Now understandably this was no basis to claim that he is a traitor, but in my spare time, I dug around for information regarding Backstab. Apparently, he appeared in the Decepticon armies during the chaos that came during the battle with Jhiaxus. After much digging into some... classified material, I recovered more information detailing his sabotage into your ships. Backstab's body-frame also matches that of Imperial agent 78X-DC89, killed in action after a failed suicide attack. Also, a cursory investigation of communication frequencies indicated that Backstab had sent and received heavily encrypted information from deep space. Very deep space. Now understand this, I wouldn't have gotten this information if one of the space-faring Autobots hadn't been in the bar while he was drunk. Downloaded the data from his memory banks, the code encryption was very deep. I can't crack it..."

Scorponok grunted. "So it's all guesswork at this time?" The ex-Headmaster considered the words for a moment. It's sure that the retired Autobot gained at least some information by hacking into the Decepticon databases. Either he's a good hacker, or he knew one. Whichever is the case, this 'Monocole' would need to be watched. If needed, eliminated.

Monocole shrugged. "Sure, but when you connect all the lines together? Keep in mind, my... above-average sensors also intercepted lots of messages from here to Polyhex. Coincidentally mechs resembling Imperials have been reported to have roused action in Polyhex. So either Backstab is an Imperial, or he's a defector. Either way, you should at least look into it."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay 17

Springer follows the conversation that Monocole has with Scorponok and Gigatron very closely. It's obvious that both Decepticons are not amused by his, for the lack of a better word, accusations. He looks to Monocole and wonders if his new found friend carries more information like this. He also wonders if it was a good idea to bring him along. The information that he wants to gather has to remain in Autobot hands and he doesn't want it to go public. Monocole gave him his word that he could trust him, so for now, he chooses to do so.

Springer looks at Scorponok. "You don't have to worry about me. I'll keep my word. We get the information we need and in return, you will have my support against the Imperials. If or when they decide to attack, you will not have to worry about manpower. For now though, I can only speak for myself, but I can guarantee you that others will come to my aid if I ask them. Topspin, Powerglide, Sky Lynx and Monocole are proof of that."

Springer crosses his arms in a non intimidating way. "Look, Scorponok. Gigatron took a step into, what I think, the right direction. Agreeing to a truce is a step forward between the Autobots and Decepticons. It's a step towards what could become an alliance and maybe even peace. I would be a son of a glitch to endanger that."
Aspiring DJ!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron opened a com link

"Backstab report to me before the Tyrant takes off I've found a better use of your time than manual work. We have a recent defector I wish for you to debrief him on the effectiveness of our propaganda efforts. I'd hurry it looks like the TYrant is pretty much ready to leave."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

A wry grin crept across Scorponok's face at Springer's comment. "A chance for peace?" he wondered out loud, sadness evident in his optic band for a nano-klik before it disappeared, and the ex-Headmaster's normal unpleasant expression returned. "Unlikely, but nevertheless for the sake of both our causes, I will respect the truce."

Scorponok turned to look at Gigatron, "So I will try and ferret out a confesion from this Backstab character, Lord?"

Monocole nodded as Gigatron took his predictions and guesswork. He just hoped that it is true. Despite his previous confidence, he's not absolutely sure...

Tyrant

"Of course, Gigatron." Backstab replied, before walking out of the Tyrant. "Thank Primacron. This manual work is killing me."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Hangar Bay 17

Powerglide suppresed his surprise as Monocole revealed his information. Holy Primus, he thought, as if this situation isn't volatile enough. It was as if Monocole was intentionally trying to provoke a situation. Powerglide exchanged a look with Top Spin, trying to communicate with a glance his concern.

And there was Scorponok, towering above them, being actively provoked. We are all goona die, he thought.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar Bay 17

Gigatron looked at Skorponok

"try keeping him alive we may require him later. "

He opened a scrambled , encoded com link

"Barricade search Backstab's quarters discreetly."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay 17

Springer nods to Scorponok's comment. "Yes, I think that's something we both can agree on. I'm afraid that too much has happened between the Autobots and the Decepticons to ever achieve peace." Springer smiles. "You know, Scorponok? I never would have imagined that you and I would have the chance for a conversation like this."

Springer looks at the Autobots that came along with him on this trip. He notices the slight concern that Powerglide has on his face. It seems as if he is intimidated by Scorponok. The first impulse that Springer receives is saying something to Powerglide to make him feel more comfortable in this current situation. On the other side, he's certain that Scorponok notices the same thing that Springer did and so Springer decides to say nothing for now. Seeing a resemblance of fear on an Autobot must do Scorponok good. Some would say that fear is a form of respect.

"It seems that you are going to have your hands full on Backstab, Scorponok. Would you agree that this is a Decepticon matter and that it's better if the Autobots have no part in it?
Aspiring DJ!
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

hangar bay 17

skylynx noticed scorponok and springer, arguing or talking, he couldnt tell so he sighed to him self " so when do i go up? im ready now if we are all done talking, argumenting or whatever"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

At Springer's comment about them having a conversation, Scorponok shrugged.

Gigatron replied to him, and he said, "Alive? Very well." disappointment evident in his voice. Turning to Springer, Scorponok nodded, "Yes, the interrogation would go smoothly if he doesn't see you Autobots. After all, that might make him suspicious of our intentions. Sssh. Here he comes."

Backstab scampered from the Tyrant towards the Hangar Bay. After making sure he looks presentable, he knocked on the door.

Fearless

Barricade nodded as the transmission came through. "At once, my lord." Backstab? What the Pit? Either the Autobots or Scorpy must've pinned him for something. A drug dealer? Or... Barricade stopped as he remembered Monocole's previous remark about an Imperial agent.

"Frag." Discreetly indeed. "Deluge, you're in charge of the reparations of the Fearless. I... have something important to do."

The Micromaster scampered off towards the troops' quarters, his rifle clutched in his right hand.
Blackjack

(OOC: Sorry for posting so quickly, but I wanted to write up a monologue)

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

At Springer's comment about never thinking of them having a conversation, Scorponok shrugged, giving the Triple-changer a knowing grin.

Gigatron replied to him about the conditions in which Backstab should be, and he said, "Alive? Very well." disappointment evident in his voice. Turning to Springer, Scorponok nodded, "Yes, the interrogation would go smoothly if he doesn't see you Autobots. After all, that might make him suspicious of our intentions. Sssh. Here he comes."

Backstab scampered from the Tyrant towards the Hangar Bay. After making sure he looks presentable, he knocked on the door. He entered the room unsteadily, eyes shifting from Gigatron to Scorponok, from Springer to Sky Lynx and Topspin and Powerglide. "Lord Gigatron?"

Scorponok spoke, and his booming voice instantly caught Backstab's attention. "I'm the defector he's referring to. Please, debrief me about the effectiveness about your propaganda. After all, I did not see much of your propaganda efforts apart from what Wingspan did. Please, not in front of the Autobots. We'll speak outside while Lord Gigatron... negotiates with the Autobots." Scorponok smiled when he saw Backstab's nervousness at the thought of being alone with him, and without waiting, he began to move outside, pushing Backstab along.

As soon as they were outside the Hangar Bay, Scorponok asked, being as nice as he could possibly be (which is to say, not far from his usual mood) as he spoke to Backstab. "Begin." Scorponok barely listened as Backstab began to drone on and on about their propaganda efforts.

"... using Earthen movies to attract attention... blah blah blah... Soundwave as a traitor being one of our most popular stories... blah blah blah... Quintessons cast as villains.... blah blah blah... Galvatron and Megatron potrayed as unstable... blah blah blah... statistics..."

Scorponok nodded at the appropriate places, before asking in a very deep and sharp tone, "What about Imperials? Don't see much of them in your propaganda."

"Imperials? Of course we do, General Scorponok. After all, our base is an Imperial ship! This proves Lord Gigatron's relentless skills, being able to take down such an impressive prize." Backstab answered smoothly.

Scorponok nodded. If he truly is an Imperial, he's doing a damn good job of hiding it... "How about efforts being taken to undermine them? Don't really see much of those, don't you agree?"

"But the main objective right now is to defeat Megatron first, wipe out the Quints, before declaring war with the Imperials..." Backstab said.

Scorponok grinned inwardly. This is going to be a tough nut to crack.

Troops' Quarters

The shadowy corridor was empty, save for the random wandering soldier or two. After receiving Gigatron's message to search Backstab's quarters discreetly, Barricade immediately abandoned the repair work to Deluge. Barricade stealthily walked unnoticed, going through the doors one by one. Horri-bull, Barrage, Needlenose, Ruckus, Skullgrin, Deluge... Barricade walked past his small room, past a web-encrusted one (must've been Webweaver's. Barricade made a mental note to harass him later) until he arrived at a door with the simple markings reading 'Backstab'. Odd... Must've been either Springer or Scorponok. After all, didn't Monocole say that he knew of Imperial double-agents? So... Backstab, eh? How... ironic.

Steeling his nerves, Barricade first used a scanner to look for any tripwires or pressure-sensitive alarms installed to the room. There were, as expected, a few. Barricade entered his authorization and the metal door slid open noiselessly. Barricade grinned. Had Backstab used a more conventional handle, he would've had more trouble entering the room. As it was, he tiptoed into the room, and began disassembling the numerous traps in the room. A few minutes later, Barricade began his search...

Minutes later...

Barricade had gone through most of the room. There were a few illegal things--a few capsules of Syk, a communicator with Autobot frequencies, some odd vials, a few bombs, a gambling chip--but nothing that would prove Backstab is an Imperial. Barricade frowned, looking over the room. He had ransacked the two storage compartments, the table, the computers, the weapon caches, as well as the two crates that occupy the space next to the-

Of course! The Recharge Bed. Barricade scampered over, and began searching for hidden compartments. After many experimental presses, a huge block of metal slid out of recessed compartments in the interior of the Recharge Bed. Barricade grinned as he recognized the symbols on the keypad. Imperial glyphs. Jackpot. Pulling out a strange looking device, Barricade set it beside the keypad (which is almost as big as Barricade himself) and watched as the device started to work. "I'll have to thank Deluge for this. My code-breaking skills isn't exactly good."

After a few clicks, the little drawer slid open to reveal a hoard of Imperial materials. Three standard-issue Imperial blaster, a few holocubes, a stack of datapads with second-generation Decepticon insignias, a stack of forged identities, a very sophisticated looking communicator device and a-

"Frag!" Barricade cursed as he recognized the device. A nuclear warhead. Barricade cursed himself for not checking the drawer for explosives as he ducked, hoping his death would be swift. However, death did not come. Barricade peeked up, and grinned when he saw that the warhead was deactivated. "Silly me."

Opening an encrypted channel to Gigatron, he whispered, "I'm currently at Backstab's quarters. Found a slew of Imperial artifacts, stashed in a hidden compartment in his room. Found a deactivated nuclear warhead, a communicator, Imperial guns and a stack of Imperial holocubes and datapads."
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Tyrant

Hooligan found himself standing in the Tyrant, just as Octane entered and the the shuttle (ship? whatever...) prepared to take off. "Um, where exactly will we be going?" Hooligan walked up to Jury Rig and queried.

Meanwhile, a corner of his mind went through all the ways to booby-trap the ship with gags.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tyrant

Jury Rig stood on the Bridge as the ship lifted off.

(ooc off to Tarn we go)

Hangar Bay 17

Gigatron replied

"Summon an explosives technician to deal with the warhead , I will join you as soon as I can get free."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Backstab's Quarters

Barricade nodded to Gigatron's comm. "Very well. I will search for more malicious objects." Switching frequencies, he hailed Deluge, "Deluge, get here. I've need of your unique skills..."

Outside Hangar Bay 17

After Backstab had conprehensively debriefed Scorponok on the Decepticons' propaganda efforts, the ex-Headmaster asked Backstab in a more conversational tone, "So... how did you get on the Fearless?"

"Um, got reassigned, and all that..."

Scorponok's shoulders sagged, "You know, after Scorponok city has been destroyed, and Warworld taken over by those Generation Two Imperial freaks, I am very wary that Gigs uses this ship for his base of operations. After all, there might be another Afterburner in our ranks."

Suddenly, Scorponok shot Backstab a very piercing glance, that the propaganda officer stumbled backwards a step.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Hangar Bay 17

Powerglide turned to Topspin. "Come on, lets get this over with. I guess we can start with the viewing rooms as Springer suggested."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Somewhere in the Layberinthine tunnels under the city:

"Again."

The voice echoes in the darkness, a hollow sound, the sound of a lost soul echoing forever lost in the damning darkness.

The response is a gutteral growl, the harsh rasp of somebody who's rapidly getting fed up with this.

Then a light flares in the darkness, an angry red spark of energy, rippling back and forth between two large, grey metallic hands, forming, for the briefest of instants, a crackling sphere of energy before the one the hands are attached to gives an agonized grunt as the energy flashes back into his hands, wreathing them in an eldritch corona of red energy before the glow dies away. "OW!!! Slag......"

The voice echoed again, the sound of bony fingertips scraping across a coffin lid. "You have improved greatly." Another light flared in the darkness, this one a blue ball of crackling energy, in what appeared to be a gauntleted hand, the crackling, flickering and ultimately eldritch energy illuminating Bludgeon's skull-like face, shadows dancing in the empty eye sockets.

BBC: -scowling as he shakes his hands, trying to get rid of the tingling, burning sensation from the feedback- "Then why is doing this so hard?"

Bludgeon: -flickering light from the sphere seeming to make the skull's grin just as wry as it is ghoulish- "Because it takes practice and patience. In time, you will master it. Although as I have said, this is not neccessary. You have proved a quick study of the physical aspects."

BBC: "Call it a..... personal desire."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642