What colour was BUMBLEJUMPER?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
ballsquid
Protoform

What colour was BUMBLEJUMPER?

Post by ballsquid »

I have seen a few websites say that Bumblejumper came in only yellow in transformer packaging and that the red ones are simply the microchangers. But others say that is came in red AND yellow.
I am coming VERY close to completign my G1 us collection and need only 21 now, or 23 if including red Bumblejumper. Also, if there is a red Bumblejumper, is there any difference between it and the microchanger version. I know with red bumblebee there seems to be a few versions. 1, pre rub with microchangers stickers (may be microchangers and not transformers) 2, pre rub with autobot stickers and 3, rub sign version. Does this also apply to Bumblejumper? The version of Bumblejumper I have is yellow, no indent for rub sign and came with an autobot sticker.
Sorry for so many questions but this is confusing the hell out of me.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

"Bumblejumper" and "Bumper" are fan-coined names given to a yellow toy similar to te Bumblebee and Cliffjumper molds that came packaged on Cliffjumper cards.

There is no evidence that the toy was ever available in red on US Transformers packaging, and there is no evidence he was ever sold on Bumblebee cards. If a website claims otherwise, it's old hearsay.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
ballsquid
Protoform

Post by ballsquid »

http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/tf/1984/ ... r-red.html

Thats a link to a pictire of a red bumblejumper with a rub sign from cobraisland toys
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Which isn't packaged.
ballsquid
Protoform

Post by ballsquid »

Thats true. Its just the fact it has a TF rubsign thats confusing me.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Reprolabels do make rubsigns after all. Which is kinda funny, because I always pull the things off my G1 figures.

There might be some info on Bumblejumper here, but I'll be honest, my eyes glaze over when I try to even scan read the page. I tried reading through to see if there was anything useful and just realised I'd been scrolling up and down aimlessly for two minutes.
ballsquid
Protoform

Post by ballsquid »

thanks. To be honest I was hoping Bumblejumper did not come in red as it would mean yet another G1 transformer to track down. Now I know, I can scrub him off my list.