"Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Reverb is love.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Opened up Deluxe Wheelie last night after another mental week at work - he's very well designed, and remarkably tall!

It's amazing how compact he is in RC-truck mode!

The only real niggles are in terms or articulation - the wrists either need to be able to swivel (unlikely given how spindly they are), or the elbow should be on another way. Otherwise, the hands can look peculiar, and the elbow articulation only serves to bash off his legs. Well, to be fair, you can, at least, get him to give you the finger (although fingers works better for him!).

And, it would have been nice to have some sideways motion for the head.

And folding the 'engine' back in to the front of the truck can be fiddly!

Otherwise grand. Quite different, and makes full use of parts!
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Notabot wrote:Maybe red bulldozers seem less menacing and more like Thomas the Tank engine. (Now there's some crossover potential!)
been done

http://botropolis.com/2009/08/thomas-the-transformer/

I have one. the thing is an epic fail; the epitome of a knock off. yet still somehow... awesome.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

That's SWEET!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

ROTF Long Haul is boss.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
MeisterAutobotJazz

Post by MeisterAutobotJazz »

I have ROTF: Human Alliance Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Sideways.

Ironhide is a very good figure. I usually have him displayed in robot mode, because the way to store his weapons in vehicle mode is very stupid looking. What you do is combine both of his arm cannons and put it in the bed of the Ford Topkick. I don't do that because he wouldn't be a robot in disguise if he had a big gun in the back of the truck, other than that, his truck mode is very nice but, it comes in this grey-blue color. They only reason I can think they did this was so they could make a black version and then sell that. His robot mode is the best mode of the figure. The bed of the truck becomes the legs, the body is the grill, and bottom part thingy, and the shoulders are the hood. The way the shoulders are is that they are so big if Ironhide had a enemy at 3 o'clock, he wouldn't be able to see them.

Sideways is another good figure, but I have my complaints. His vehicle mode is the Audi R8 and is the best mode of the figure. It's very sleek and nice looking, the only bad part is the Barbie pink window thing. His robot mode is good, but it's like we've seen it before, somewhere..... he has the chicken-leg thing the Decepticons have going in the movies. His feet are the size of your pinky finger nail, but are supported by the rear tires. The grill and hood become the body. The doors become the upper arms, he has no weapon, just a lame buzzsaw thing on his right hand. Oh, and the windows make up "wing" things on his back. Chicken-legs, window wing things, door shoulder things? Where have we seen this? On the 2007 Barricade figure.

Lasty HA Bumblebee. Very good car mode, based on the 2009 production Camaro. The wheels roll nice and the doors open. It comes with a Sam Witwicky figure that fits in the car. The Sam figure has the stupidest expression on his face. The robot mode has tons of gimmicks. His arms are made up of the seats in car mode and Sam can "sit" on his arms. There is also a turret-rocket launcher thing on BB's shoulder that Sam can hold on to. Bumblebee has the battlemask that can be moved up and down, and is very nice looking. He only has one hand, as one his arms shoots a missle. I would have liked to have a placeable hand, but oh well. His legs have nice posability and make the figure very stable.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I hope you're happy Nevermore.* After you posted those sweet photos of Swerve I couldn't resist picking him up. ;)

Really sexy sports car mode. The robot mode is really cool. I left the blades up like they did in the photos, and I really like the way he looks. He's got a bit of a G1-meets-movieverse vibe going on so he can fit in any number of eras of transformers.

Though he does loose points on durability. I tried to transform him back into car mode, and I accidently did a step at the wrong time. I wasn't using a massive amount of force or anything, but he's got stress marks from it. That made me sad for a few minutes (I mean I wouldn't mind if it happened over time since he expected to have some war wounds, but stress marks right away from minimal force=sad in the pants), but then I transformed him back into robot mode and that made me happy again. :)

*I know I am.
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've been really busy lately, but Clay sent me through a pile of ROTF figures recently, including:

- Mudflap
- Skids
- Wheelie
- Scalpel
- Mixmaster
- Long Haul

Of these, I've still not got round to Skids, and I've mentioned Wheelie already.

I was very impressed with Mudflap. I love the Trax concept car - it would be my ideal vehicle, offering a perfect balance between a fuel efficient compact and 4x4. The transformation is really cool, and the robot mode superb! I'm also very pleased that you can rearrange the various parts to be more film accurate than displayed in stock photos (Especially the rear kibble!). The only trouble is fitting him back into the car mode, but I've got that down now.

Scalpel is amazingly good fun - like Wheelie, he's just so different! His legs could have been made to have slightly better articulation, but that's a minor gripe. Like Wheelie, he has a much larger presence than you would expect from his size class.

My views of Mixmaster are, erm, mixed. I absolutely love the transformation, and the contrast between the truck and robot modes are immense. I've found myself liking the fact the truck is blocky, while Mixmaster himself is fairly spindly, if heavily armoured. The artillery mode is a nice extra, and more involved than I had expected. However, he is really kibble-tastic - surely the rear wheels could have been put somewhere better, and nothing can hide the fact he has a cab on his ass! Still, I'm very pleased with him - far better than expected. I can't decide if I enjoy him or Long Haul better. Mixmaster is certainly far more inventive, but has certain failings due to this, while Long Haul delivers solidly on a more traditional design, without being spectacular (and his hands are particularly annoying...).
numbat

Post by numbat »

I have finally gotten round to ROTF Deluxe Skids. I have to say, I far prefer Mudflap. For one thing, balancing Skids is a nightmare! He also has more obvious kibble (particularly on his limbs) - although, admitedly, Mudflap has half a car on his back, while Skids collapses a lot better! It's a bit of a shame Skids front-end doesn't 'explode' out like Mudflap's in transformation.

Still, he's a well designed little figure, and I'm pleased with the attention to detail with the paint apps (and mine does have the gold tooth!).

I have, quite to my surprise, found that the Twins are a highlight of my TF collection!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Jetfire's robot mode and jet mode look awesome. One gripe is that the transformation is a pain because there are a ton of interlocking panels that tend to pop apart if you don't insert them exactly right. I'm glad I picked him up though.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Opened the Fallen today, and surprisingly, I loved him. He could do with more articulation (the head should be able to come off, more to the point. The detailing is impressive, and I like the paintjob. The hands are too thin, and he needs a staff. The legs-on-springs are annoying. The jet mode's not too bad, but nothing you'll miss. An Action Master Elite, and he manages to look badass. Overall, 8/10.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Opened Leader Jetfire yesterday. He is a huge mess. Fun and frustrating both. Transformation isn't difficult (if there is any transformation, all the robot parts are underneath) but putting the panels into the right place took me some time. Why do I need him, oh yeah, the Jetpower Optimus Prime.

Speaking about the red Rampage, I think he will be out soon. At least, in Japan.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... int/17131/
numbat

Post by numbat »

Paul053 wrote:Speaking about the red Rampage, I think he will be out soon. At least, in Japan.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... int/17131/
:clap:

Yay! I'll try my best to pick both of those up (if available at a roughly affordable price!).
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Arcee is... well... weird. Extremely stable due to the stand, and a nice vehicle mode, but the robot is weird.

Depthcharge is an interesting and fun little boat. Can't say I care for the official battle mode for this guy, though.

Dirt Boss is a scrappy little forklift! I like the idea of fork blades, but he could have really used something to lock his head and shoulders in place for robot mode...

Rollbar, on the other hand emphasizes what a good Scout is! A neat little vehicle and a quick and easy transformation you don't have to think too hard to do.

Mudflap is pretty much like his brother, except even uglier. (I bet you didn't think that was possible) I like him, but it's a pity the translucent plastic is too dark to work for his light piping.

Ravage is best left in his kitty mode. The 'Reentry Mode' (if you wanna call it that) is solid, but is little more than his kitty mode sort of rolled up into a ball.

Jetfire has a phenomenal SR-71 mode... from the top. The good news is he's not quite as simple as Universe Silverbolt. And the power up mode for Prime looks great from the front.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Got two packages today, one from Clay and the other from E-bay.

Clay's Fallen is just what I'd expected-a fun, angular poseable figure that looks as if it transforms. Nice size and excellent poseability, the spring-loaded feet are a sure improvement over 07 Leader Megatron but still fail to do the job. Need to find a set of instructions so I can pop out all the red aura panels, I can't figure out how to do it for the ones on his forearms.

From e-bay I got the last two HA figures I needed to complete my set, Sideswipe and Skids.

Sideswipe has a KILLER alt mode that locks together surprisingly well, considering how it's taken apart for robot mode. Robot mode looks spectacular, the arms are a little weird coming out of the shoulder like that unless he's posed, but as for the lower half...

WORST TRANSFORMER EVER.

The wheels for feet looks very nice and awesome but just don't work for a poseable figure. The rubber pistons always pulled his very poseable legs back to default position, so I made some nice CUTS to remedy that...then I found out he's got loose joints. I stiffened all the affected joints with glue and he still can't stand because of those wheel feet that should have just one more "heel" part. Seriously, I can't have him standing in ANY position so I just reverted him back to vehicle until I figure out how to further mod him.

HA Skids, in contrast, is probably one of the best transformers I own. Actually reminiscent of BT Skids in how his whole car top compresses down, he's got it all-very sturdy joints, extremely poseable feet and ankles, poseable waist...you name it. He's also just the perfect size, a tad taller than a deluxe but as bulky as some voyagers. Paint apps are phenomenal, really really great figure. Both he and Sideswipe honestly make BB look outdated!

The horror that is HA Arcee is on par with sideswipe in that she can't stand on her own. Will probably get the deluxe versions of the bikes so it doesn't really matter to me...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Knightdramon wrote: Need to find a set of instructions so I can pop out all the red aura panels, I can't figure out how to do it for the ones on his forearms.
You can't.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Knightdramon wrote:The horror that is HA Arcee is on par with sideswipe in that she can't stand on her own. Will probably get the deluxe versions of the bikes so it doesn't really matter to me...
Funnily enough, HA Arcee uses Chromia's robot mode design, and probably vice-versa.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Finally found RotF Legends Jetfire, and I have to say, the little guy is really neat. I might have to swap his arms around, so he can hold his cane in his right hand. But since I mainly got him so I could do the "Prime with Jetfire bits" figure, there is one thing I really like about it. The nose of the SR-71 acts as a brace so Prime doesn't topple over backwards.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

My boss gave me Dirtboss. He's a nifty little guy. I never would have picked him up myself, but I totally would've missed out. Looks like he's the surprize hit from this line. :)
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Arcee's actually kind of fun.

The snake spine lets you do some great "rollin' along beheadin' 'Cons" poses if you know how the joints work.