[Original RPG] Collapse: The Rage to Overcome (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar bay

Gigatron looked at the Engineer

"That would be suitable, I have arranged for the Tyrant to retrieve an underwater base which should be suitable for use as the core of the base. I have despatched the Tyrant to Tarn to collect it. Octane will work with you to co-ordinate the logistics and Jury -Rig and Excavator have been assigned to the project as well. I can also spare you Cement Head and Terror Tread. The rest of the labour force may have to be drones but I imagine Trypticon will be able to assist with that.

~*~

Gigatron looked across at Bludgeon.

"For you I have a difficult task although I am sure you will rise to the challenge I wish you to train our troops to make them the best that they can be this will be a difficult war. I also wish for you to consult our roster and consider the possibilit yof training ships crews , they will be second string to start with and I give you crude enough material but we have a pressing need for pilots for the ships that we will be building . I have also set in motion the construction of a zero G training facility. A micromaster called Webweaver is bringing it on line . Your Mayhems will get the best ships that we can build and if you have any ideas about their consruction please let Drillhorn know
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: right. Webweaver. I completely forgot about him... :glance:)

Backstab's Quarters

Barricade said to Deluge, "So can you defuse the nuclear warhead?" the Micromaster began subspacing all the confiscated materials.

Zero-G Training Facility

Webweaver looked proudly at the newly-refurbished zero-g training facility. Webweaver typed a command on the computer patched together from the wreckage in the former arts display area. Apparently the Quintessons keep their technology well. Webweaver watched as simulacrums of Overcharges appeared in the training zone. "Not bad."

Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok watched with satisfaction under his visor as Sky Lynx regarded both Gigatron and him with fear. Turning to Gigatron as he ordered Bludgeon to train the troops, a pang of nostalgia grew in Scorponok's spark. Hasn't it been some time since he was in a position similar to Bludgeon? Training Ravage and Krok and everyone else? Scorponok realized with a pang of regret that most of them had either joined Megatron, or dishonourably disappeared off the face of Cybertron.

At least Squawktalk is on our side. It's a comfort to know now everyone deserted me.

"What about me, Lord Gigatron? What is my task?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar Bay

Gigatron turned to Skorponok

"We have much about which we will talk, let me just get these matters in hand then we will retire to my Ready Room."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hangar Bay 17:

Bludgeon: "As you command, my Lord." -turns, strides out of the hangar bay-

BBC: -casting a final, quick look around the bay, follows-

Drillhorn: -makes a few more notes, scowls, activates commlink- "Trypticon, come in."

Trypticon: -over commlink- "What?"

Drillhorn: "I hate to ask how it's going."

Trypticon: "I've designed new interfaces, and they're being installed now. For the most part, all that's left is checking the new conduits, all the weapons, the shields, and how well the new interface connectors can handle the load of full power combat situations. Why?"

Drillhorn: "We're about to become ground zero for a construction effort. Once it's done, we can put you into a proper spacedock instead of playing EVA rangers to do hull repairs."

Trypticon: "I take it that I should be expecting company, then?"

Drillhorn: "Yes. Lots of company."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hanger Bay 17

A lot has been going on in front of the eyes of the Autobots. Most importantly, the reveal of an Imperial spy. Springer nods to both Monocole's and Sky Lynx's responses.

"Don't worry about Scorponok, Sky Lynx. As long as we respect the truce and behave, we won't be in any trouble. He has Monocole to thank for the interrogation job he just did on Backstab."

Looking at Scorponok, he says: "And I'm sure that Scorponok is powerfull, but I doubt that he is powerfull enough to take on Imperial ships on his own. In the past maybe, but now? No.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

"There is more than one way to smelt an Autob- an Empty." Scorponok growled at Springer's comment. "I do not need my City-Transector to fight Imperial ships. I fought Unicron in this body, I faced Starscream in this body. It might not be the size of the city, but it is has a sting. Bigger is not always better, Autobot."

Scorponok opened his claws and closed them slowly. "After all, there are ways to destroy starships without charging them directly."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay 17

Springer smiles a little and looks up to Scorponok. "I am well aware of your capabilities and fighting prowess, Scorponok. You're not the only one that does his homework around here. That's why I said that I think you're still powerful. There's no need to intimidate me. You have my respect already."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

Scorponok shrugs at Springer's reply. "I am merely stating facts. After all, I have seen mechanoids do great things to starships beyond their size." Starscream single-handedly blowing up my starship as well as Ratbat's come to mind... Scorponok thought darkly, recalling that fateful day on earth where many transformers fell because of Starscream. Worse, I chased after the Underbase like a power-hungry idiot! And I was saved by Prime, to boot![/I

Turning to Gigatron, Scorponok regarded his leader with cold, calculating optics. Gigatron is more capable than him, and with a multitude of alternate modes, more powerful than him. Briefly he considered his odds of winning in a one-on-one with Gigatron, but he soon expelled the thought from his mind. After all, treachery and power-hungriness is the Decepticons' Achilles Heel, so to use a human expression.

Backstab's Quarters

"Can you deactivate the nuclear warhead, Deluge?" Barricade asked.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Backstab's Quarters

Deluge snapped at the smaller Decepticon

"That is what i'm trying to do, it's not helped by being interupted all the time."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Backstab's Quarters

"Sorry." Barricade said to Deluge. "It's just that... I tend to get jumpy with a nuclear warhead around."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Personel Quarters Section:

BBC: -following Bludgeon, scowling- "I don't like those guys."

Bludgeon: -knowing exactly where he's going, taking no heed of his student's discomfort- "Breastforce is a wild card, true. their technology is far closer to the Cybertronian Empire's than ours. They do offer several advantages to our faction, however: Technical expertise, a gestalt team that doesn't merge into a lumbering maniac, and an, admittedly untested, battle fortress."

BBC: "You mean that thing the Warworld shot down when the Imperials stole it?"

Bludgeon: "That 'thing' used to be the city-sized body of Trypticon. In the interim before launching, with just the materials they had to hand in his wrecked body, they rebuilt Trypticon's core consciousness into a body slightly larger than yours, adapted it so it can plug into the ship to allow him to remain the central computer, cobbled together a power source, and repaired it enough to actually launch it."

BBC: "You sound impressed by them."

Bludgeon: -stopping before a particular door- "I am impressed by their resolve. They are strangers in a strange land, and doing their best to remain autonomous."

BBC: -wondering at the raucous snoring coming from within the room-

Bludgeon: "Breastforce's ultimate loyalty, however, lies with themselves and their percieved destiny. Where they come from, Cybertron no longer exists. A slavish devotion to conquering or salvaging this planet is not within their mindset. Therefore, the only one among their current crew who actually cares for Cybertron is Trypticon himself."

BBC: "So he's the one who would keep them from betraying us to the Empire?"

Bludgeon: "No. He's the one who will keep them from simply leaving and making their own way in the Universe. That, and the realization that the six of them against the Empire is impossible odds." -skull faced grin seeming to grow bigger- "The only one with anything to worry about, ultimately, is Gigatron. Leozak is ambitious, but unlike others, he is also cautious."

BBC: "So he won't make an outright attempt to overthrow Gigatron?"

Bludgeon: "Not without some from of advantage. Fortunately, he has yet to figure out how to gain what he believes he needs: A mandate from the other Decepticons."

BBC: "Will he figure that out?"

Bludgeon: "I believe that he may get some ideas, but it will be dependant on how things go."

-door slides open-

BBC: "Personally, I believe you should be leading. You have the ability."

Bludgeon: "Perhaps. But Gigatron has my loyalty. Until the time comes when he falls or I know I can best him in personal combat, he will retain that loyalty."

BBC: "He's better than you? That's impossible."

Fangry: -beast mode, standing in the doorway, looking sleepy and annoyed-

Bludgeon: "There is always someone who is better, my apprentice. That is why training is a constant."

Fangry: "WOULD YOU TWO SHUT THE FRACK UP!!!!! I'M TRYING TO-

Bludgeon and BBC: -draw their swords in the blink of an eye, each putting a sword tip into Fangry's nostrils-

Fangry: "-sleep?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar Bay 17

Gigatron turned to Skorponok

"walk with me."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

"Yes, Lord Gigatron." Scorponok replied, turning around and following his leader with long strides.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Hangar Bay 16

Gigatron waited to the others were out of earshot

"I have several tasks for you Skorponok. firstly I need you to review all Backstabs actions retrace his steps. Secondly I want you to station yourself on Trypticon, ostentatiously to study the process they are conducting with Trypticon in order to recreate something similar for yourself given your experience. But you real mission will be to keep an eye on Leozak an co. Their loyalty is a fickle thing."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 16

Scorponok nodded. The first task should be easy, retrace Backstab's footsteps. The second one... Scorponok smiled at the thought of having a city-sized body again, even if it's still in the planning stages. The final one...

"Yes, lord Gigatron. I will do as you command. The Breastforce's loyalties must be monitored. After all, we do not want another Starscream."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Geosynchronous orbit over Crystal City:

Trypticon, socketed into place in the central computer core of Thunder Arrow II, scowled.

In a way, it wasn't so different from when this battle fortress had been his body, while in another, it was completely different.

All of the equipment for transformation was gone, for one. For another, being able to count yourself among the little gnats wandering around inside your body was just..... well, weird. He always got a sense of vertigo every time he plugged in, and every time he unplugged as well.

There were also sections of the ship's computer(which was fully functional without him, but the computer wasn't the most creative thinker) that he couldn't access, and he had a sinking feeling that there were overrides that he wouldn't be able to overcome.

In a way, it made sense. With the theft of the Warworld, having something in place to prevent the theft of the ship made sense, although it was frustrating that there were areas that he couldn't access. It didn't exactly engender much trust, though.

Of course, it also ensured that if, say, he decided that Megatron was the one to follow, he wouldn't be able to turn the ship on Gigatron.

Or, possibly even more tellingly, on them.

Bridge, Thunder Arrow II:

Leozak: -standing at the engineering console, watching the datafeed from the powerplant's sensors-

Jalgar: -at the science station, accessing the library computer- "Come on.... where is it......"

Leozak: -comes over- "What are you looking for?"

Jalgar: -scowls as he keeps scrolling through entries- "Drillhorn wants the plans for the space city."

Leozak: "The space city? There aren't enough of us to crew this ship effectively as it is, what's he want those for?"

Jalgar: "Gigatron wants to build a spacedock and a space station to go with it. Drillhorn's probably going to modify the schematics for the space city's dockyard and servicing area."

Leozak: "Given the fact that the city's the size of a continent, it makes sense."

Jalgar: -finding the file- "Finally." -routing a copy through the comm station, sending it to Drillhorn's datapadd- "Any idea when we're going to get an actual crew besides us?"

Leozak: "Soon, I hope."

Hangar Bay 17:

Drillhorn: -scrolling through the schematics, finding the section he wants, starts editing as neccessary-

Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide stood at the edge of Sky Lynx's cargo bay, watching impatiently as Springer talked with Scorponok.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

Once the Decepticons have left, Monocole turned to Springer, Topspin and Sky Lynx, "Comrades, let us go to space and inspect the Imperial warships, before the Decepticons characteriscally create plans to betray us in some way." Before joining Powerglide in Sky Lynx's hangar bay.

Fearless

Scorponok saluted Gigatron and rumbled, "If you require nothing from me, lord, I will do as you ordered." The ex-Headmaster strode off from the Decepticon leader and entered the Fearless.

Scorponok commed Barricade, and the entrance opened, and Scorponok walked inside the Imperial warship with long strides, creating audible clanks through the metal.

"Barricade, I require a shuttle to take me to Trypticon." Scorponok growled to the commlink, his tone making it clear that it wasn't a request.

"Shuttle 26 in the Fearless' docking bays is a two-mech shuttle, and should accommodate your frame well, Scorponok. I'm currently ordering a group of technicians to refuel the shuttle."

"Excellent." Scorponok said, and turned towards the hangar bay. On the way, a door caught his optics. The Armoury. Scorponok walked in and replied to Barricade again, "Put all of Barricade's actions and records in a folder and send it to me. All of it. Also, I would like all of Backstab's hidden articles. Meet me in the docks."

"Okay, big guy."

Switching the commlink off, Scorponok entered the armoury, and began inspecting the racks of weapons. The ex-Citycon was pleased and surprised to find a massive rifle similar enough to his old Anti-Gravity Gun, and magno-clamped it onto his hips. He took a pair of shotguns that was suitable for his height and subspaced them, before walking out and making his way towards the shuttle docks.

Backstab's Quarters

Barricade turned to Deluge, "Scopy needs me to bring these stuff to him, so see you around. You'll work better without me breathing down your neck, anyway."

Placing all of Backstab's suspicious articles on a small trolley, and proceeded to the bridge.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Fortune - Wastelands Airspace (outside of Crystal City)

The Fortune arrived in the Wastelands, only a breem outside of the Crystal City limits.

"Hmm, got out of Iacon without a hitch," Doubledealer said. "Not even so much as a glance from customs."

Placing the small shuttle on auto-pilot, Dealer looked over his shoulder at Landmine and Waverider.

"We're right on schedule, folks," he told them. "We should be arriving in the Crystal City borders under a breem, give or take."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle Docks, Fearless

Scorponok entered the shuttle docks, and approached the shuttle that Barricade had asked him to take, waiting for the Micromaster to show himself. Perhaps it's because he had once been a flying city, but Scorponok hated shuttles. They're so small, tight, unreliable...

Scorponok fiddled with the spear he had appropriated from the armoury, before Barricade arrived with a trolley. "Backstab's artifacts?" Scorponok queried, scooping the datapads, communicator and weapons up with one claw and stuffing them into a side-compartment.

"Yes, big guy." Tossing Scorponok a datapad, the Micromaster continued, "List of all of Backstab's activities and accounts. I took the liberty of hacking into some of Polyhex's records to obtain some of the data here, as well as Backstab's design schematics."

"Excellent." Scorponok rumbled, genuinely pleased with his subordinate's initiative. Cables extended from his claw, and downloaded the data in the datapad into his neo-cortex. "Anything else I need to know?" The ex-Headmaster asked, as Shuttle 26's doors opened.

"Trypticon is hovering over a geosynchronic orbit above Crystal City, his city-sized body otherwise known as the Thunder Arrow II. Trypticon himself has been remade into a smaller body about your size." (OOC: Thunder Arrow is Trypticon's old body, right?)

"Very well." Scorponok nodded, as he entered the shuttle, and the shuttle doors closed.

"Bon voyage." Barricade said as he transformed and sped off to the bridge.

"Hnn." Scorponok hissed, and as he squeezed into the cramped shuttle, having to bend down to fit in. His exostructure tore off part of a chair, and smashed some of the panels on the ceiling. "Why do they make this things so cramped? Autopilot: activate. Set a course for Thunder Arrow II."

The shuttle's engines hummed and Scorponok shot out from the Fearless into the upper atmosphere of Cybertron. Scorponok opened a commlink to Trypticon and Leozak, "This is Scorponok. Permission to board."