A-Ha is breaking up.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
RID Scourge

A-Ha is breaking up.

Post by RID Scourge »

Yes. That A-Ha. From the 80's. Who sang "Take on me". It's official now.

Source
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

RID Scourge wrote:From the 80's.
I believe they've managed succesful albums up to and including last year.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

On the other hand, we've got Manhattan Skyline now, so it's hard to be too upset.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Lord Zarak's bound to be a bit gutted over this. a-ha were great, I read about it on teletext today and one of the band said something like the last 25 years were truly living a boy's adventure tale.

I'm really happy for them; they've made loads of money, had fantastic lives (Morten did a year hosting Eurovision), and now they can be really rich and.. I dunno, buy every Transformer they ever wanted and have the time to play with them, and spout off on message boards.

Honest like, if I ever became a rich rock (or pop) god, I'd still be back here talking about Warrior School.

When I'm bored of all my money, drugs and crack whores of course.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

With all that money you could afford proper coke whores.

I honestly didn't know they were still going. Ignorant, that's what I am.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

angloconvoy wrote:I honestly didn't know they were still going. Ignorant, that's what I am.
I live in this country and listen to radio stations that actually play their current output but still forgot. So you're forgiven.

Everybody go out and buy the first Cinematics album. And then the new one. Hopefully they'll then get picked up by a major label and anything further will be at a more affordable price.