What're you listening to recently? Liking Rammstein's latest...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

What're you listening to recently? Liking Rammstein's latest...

Post by Denyer »

And have been digging back into the 90s with stuff such as Lush's greatest hits. Moving onto the Primitives and the Long Blondes when they arrive (random purchases on the basis of favoured tracks from this series and Phonogram references are the order of the day...)

I'm sure Liebe ist für alle da has annoyed some old-school Rammstein fans with the operatic and folksy touches, but I think heavy works best when there's degrees of light and shade. My language skills are pretty rudimentary, but cliff notes help and Haifisch is probably my favourite track both thematically and in terms of sound.

What the **** happened to the last couple of months, BTW?
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Well currently in love with Noah and the Whale's new album, lots of poignant break up stuff on there, but never crossing over into morose melancholy. Highly reccomended.

Funny you talking about Lush actually downloaded 'Ladykillers' the other day, but my ultimate 90's find has been the Longpigs second album 'Mobile Home', it's just genius, how they never went further is beyond me.

Also a scottish band called 'We were promised Jetpacks', song called Quiet Little Voices is great, and a great jump off for some fine indie rock tune smithery.

Anyway that's what I'm up to, despite 'The Gift' on repeat, Gang of Four forever, been meaning to pick up the second Gallows album, never get around to it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Tasmin Archer, weirdly enough. And "NEST" from the RotF soundtrack on a loop.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I just started listening to In Flames and they are amazing.:eek:
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Ja, Rammsteins letzte Ausflüge haben mich nicht sonderlich begeistert. Ich war noch Anfang der 90er auf den ersten Rammstein Konzerten, aber nun ist das Interesse, wie es immer ist mit Erfolg, deutlich schwächer.

As for recent music, I listend to a lot of BeeGees lately... but that must have been because of a car.

Aside from that, my main music group right now is the "Fantastische 4" dug out again from the mid to end 90s.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Civ

Post by Civ »

Baba Yetu. Who knew the Lord's Prayer in Swahili could sound so good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G30MhXmlZGE
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I've been listening to a lot of old AFI, mainly The Art Of Drowning though. I got their newest album, and while I like it quite a lot, I feel that they will never really be as good as they were on The Art Of Drowning and Black Sails In The Sunset.

I've also been listening to a lot of AntiSeen, a southern punk band from my home state of North Carolina. Mainly their older material from the Eat More Possum album.

Other than that its been a lot of old favorites on my iPod when I'm at work, such as The Misfits, Samhain, Danzig, Those Poor Bastards, Hank III, 357 String Band, The Cure, The Smiths, Nirvana's album Bleach, old Melvins, and a lot of classical music.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Civ wrote:Baba Yetu. Who knew the Lord's Prayer in Swahili could sound so good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G30MhXmlZGE
Awesome. Never realized that's what that was while playing the game. Gives me another level of like for it. :)

A pawn shop near me is selling CDs for 99 cents, so I'm picking up a few here and there. Got Nick Cave and Bad Seeds' "Let Love In" and the soundtrack to Run Lola Run most recently. Good stuff.

And Woven Hand is still mightily awesome.

And Die Toten Hosen.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I know this probably isn't an official song or anything but I can't get this dinky tune out of my head. Boom de ah dah, boom de ah dah, boom de ah dah, boom de ah dah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0jZzBEKIMc
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This is the original, I think (personally I think the vocals work better):

http://www.vimeo.com/5387136

And this may be of interest to XKCD readers:

http://www.vimeo.com/7151435
Civ

Post by Civ »

The Mythbusters really are the highlight of these video songs. Adam setting Jamie's sleeve on fire and then Jamie cooking Adam in the next video was quite funny. I'm surprised that Optimus Prime showed up in these. Is there something going on between Hasbro and Discovery? I seem to recall some kind of TV deal but can pinpoint it.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

Recently discovered a love for Faith No More after seeing them at Reading and Download. Wes Borland's Black Light Burns side project is amazing, really shows what he can do when he cuts loose with his own creativity and also dare i say it, Limp Bizkit, again it's mainly because the way they blew the crowd away at download and for the Wes riffage. All that as well as the usual Deftones, NIN and Filter loving.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Charlotte Hatherleys new album has been thoroughly played recently, I've also played a lot of Jessica Hoops - kismet for a good dose of mordern folk~ness.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

In the CD player in the car, I have William Shatner and Ben Folds' HAS BEEN(with special appearance by Henry Rollins). But mainly I've been listening to the radio and audiobooks at work. And lots of Big Finish's Doctor Who stuff.

Now, if I haven't lost it, I'll have to see if I can find my copy of Shatner's The Transformed Man. Once you understand the intent behind it(he's not even remotely trying to sing), it's not a bad album.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Slayer's new album is just lovely. Not as good as Christ Illusion, but still...
I recently discovered Lion's Share, and picked up Dark Hours. Incredible album. Like Dio on speed metal.
Oh, and Dethalbum 2 is kickass as well.
That's about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Bob Marley. I've gotten into his music in a big way.

Other than that, it's random songs here and there - no specific bands jump out.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sades

Post by Sades »

Lady Gaga.

Yeah, yeah... I know. :(
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Sades wrote:Lady Gaga.

Yeah, yeah... I know. :(
To be perfectly honest, me too. I liked her first album pretty decently, but the new one is really much better as it has a darker edge to it. Yeah...whatever...I went to see New Moon with my wife too so you guys can poke fun at that too :p :lol:
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7oOxUBbYQ[/youtube]

Lately I've been in a bit of a JAM Project/Masaaki Endoh kick.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32