Who is still paying off college loans?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jim

Who is still paying off college loans?

Post by Jim »

After being out of school for 5 years now, I have finally paid 1/3 of my loans down, and I'm just under 10,000$. While I plan to up my payments, it's still gonna be another few years.

Any of you folks out of school still working on your loan payments? How about some of you going into college, what does your debt amounts look to be?

Bah, I need to hit the lotto.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I have no idea yet- going to see a man (or a lady!) about a loan soonish, whenever I get word that the application forms are in.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

7 years and still going.....
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Four years after my Master of Divinity degree, I'm down to about 3/4 of my undergrad and grad loans. My wife's loans are down to about 1/8 of what they were. We've been pretty aggressive with repayment, though, thanks in part to Dave Ramsey.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I paid back something like £18 one month last year when I did something like 120 hours of overtime in 4 weeks.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Me, unfortunately.

I hope this is not of influence for my application for a TFA creditcard?
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Sades

Post by Sades »

Shrapnel Clone wrote: I hope this is not of influence for my application for a TFA creditcard?
My main complaint about these cards is that no one will accept them. I don't care if it looks like laminated cardboard scribbled on with crayons, it's a ****ing credit card, dammit!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Still owe about £400 in student loans, me mam keeps forwarding their letetr severy so often, I should pay it off I guess. last time they collared me, they just took it out of my pay every month, i was none the wiser.

In other news I'm still paying off the loan I took out for my wedding and honeymoon and will be due to make the final payment in March 2011. problem is I got divorced October 2009!

I do see the funny side of it....sort off.:lol:
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Notabot wrote:thanks in part to Dave Ramsey.
Thank God for Dave Ramsey. He made finances not so complicated.:sweatdrop
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'm still working on paying my loans back and I finally got under the damnable $10,000 mark.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

My loans still arn't due for another 3 years.

But I'm already sweating them...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'm still at least 25k+ in on mine. Three semesters of a master's degree more than doubled what I borrowed for 3.5 years for a bachelor's. Probably should be making higher payments, but we opted to pay way more on our mortgage instead.