Ronald Gans, voice for G1 Drag Strip, has passed away at 79.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

Ronald Gans, voice for G1 Drag Strip, has passed away at 79.

Post by Civ »

From TFW2005
It falls to us today to report the sad news of the passing of Ronald Gans, the voice actor who played Generation 1's Drag Strip. He passed away aged 79 on June 29 due to complications of pneumonia. In addition to voicing Drag Strip, Mr Gans will be remembered for Kanga and Roo on "Pooh Corner" and Sebastian the alley cat in the Disney Channel's "Dumbo's Circus", in addition to countless trailers, TV promos and other roles in a career that has spanned 50 years.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 79-170185/
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

And so, we say goodbye to yet another beloved G1 voice artist...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Did Dragstrip have any lines, then? Huh.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Yeah, I know, I can only recall two lines by Drag Strip, and they weren't in the same episode.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

If he had any lines it was probably just him introducing him self when the Stunticons were made.

Of the Stunt'ers Motormaster, Breakdown, and Wildride where the only ones I can remember ever having more than short one-liners.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
S_Windell
Protoform

Post by S_Windell »

The Reverend wrote:Yeah, I know, I can only recall two lines by Drag Strip, and they weren't in the same episode.
Yeah. Key to Vector Sigma pt 1. The Stunticons had typical introductory lines. "I'm [whoever] and I like to [something loosely based on his name]!" And in Starscream's brigade, he told Megatron to stick it up exhaust port. Or maybe it was tailpipe. Also, without having time to check, I'm pretty sure they all had dialog in Masquerade.
Catalyst Dragon wrote:If he had any lines it was probably just him introducing him self when the Stunticons were made.

Of the Stunt'ers Motormaster, Breakdown, and Wildride where the only ones I can remember ever having more than short one-liners.
Break Down always seemed the most quiet to me. And Dead End, he had some fairly memorable lines and distinctive voice.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Which one was Drag Strip?
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Halfshell wrote:Which one was Drag Strip?
I think it was the yellow car. Not the Volkswagen though. The other evil one.

According to IMDB, he was 78, not 79, by the way. Born august 1931. Also, he is credited for 9 episodes, but I really doubt he was in all of them (I don't think FFoD parts 2 and 3 are correct)..

1. The Key to Vector Sigma: Part 1 & 2
3. Masquerade
4. Trans-Europe Express
5. Cosmic Rust
6. Starscream's Brigade
7. The Five Faces of Darkness: Part 1,2,3
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

He might have done voices for one off characters in the other episodes, you know, the "Ah need ah vacation" style guys, done the same time as he recorded whatever line(s) he did have as Drag Strip in the first part.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Shrapnel Clone wrote:I think it was the yellow car. Not the Volkswagen though. The other evil one.
Detour? He wasn't in the cartoon.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:Detour? He wasn't in the cartoon.

Weren't they all in Zone? Or was Detour one of the ones painted pink and called Gingham?
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Halfshell wrote:Detour? He wasn't in the cartoon.
Detour is a car? Looking at the toy, I already wondered what it was supposed to be.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Shrapnel Clone wrote:I think it was the yellow car. Not the Volkswagen though. The other evil one.
Sunstreaker? Jeez, I know vanity isn't the best trait a guy could have, but evil? C'mon!
Wreck and Rule!