Transformers: War for Cybertron game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

The Wild One wrote:I've been playing the game on PS3 for a while now. I stopped playing online, when I unloaded almost all of my bullets in a dudes face, and he still didn't drop.
Unfortunately level does make difference (and your weapons, too, and the combinations, too), so it could be tough in the beginning when you start to develop a low level class. Many times when I was in this situation, I just run away from him and find some one else easier to kill. If every body is hard to kill, quit the game and come back to join another room whose level is more balanced.
Springer85 wrote:How can you cheat that way on a PS3??? Didn't he just have the extra armor thing that gives you an additional healthbar?
Yeah, I don't think so. I know PC can, but not on PS3. I think, I hope.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Paul053 wrote:Unfortunately level does make difference (and your weapons, too, and the combinations, too), so it could be tough in the beginning when you start to develop a low level class.
Level does matter, but one-shotting anything but a snipe isn't really supposed to be common, neither is absolute invulnerability. I've seen both was, way too often, even for 'low level' characters.
Yeah, I don't think so. I know PC can, but not on PS3. I think, I hope.
They would have to physically hack the PS3 these days to do it (that's one reason Linux support was dropped, actually). So it's not likely that you'll see PS3 cheaters around. It's only a smidge easier to do it on the X360, but, again, it's not likely.

Sadly, the PC cheats are freely downloaded already. I'm actually hoping that future games will NOT appear on the PC because of this.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Wow, didn't knew that PC and PS3 are sharing a server! That really explains a whole lot. I was wondering why I always die after one hit. Man that sucks :(
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

IGN has an article and a trailer up that confirms the new DLC price and what is included as well as the price.

It is priced at $10 or 800 Microsoft points and it is set to be released on the July 27th for PSN and 28th for Xbox 360.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'm not sure how this will work, but I'm going to try and post the video of the new characters:

Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Meh, not liking the Scattershot. Was hoping for a flyer :(
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Springer85 wrote:Meh, not liking the Scattershot. Was hoping for a flyer :(
I am somewhat surprised they used the Unicron Trilogy Scattershot rather then G1 one, though it does kinda match since the Decepticons have only two of a combiner team with the Combaticon's Brawl and (soon to be added) Onslaught and the Autobots having Silverbolt and Air Raid of the Arial Bots. It makes more sense to have the Unicron Trilogy Scattershot appear along with Demolisher...though I rather wished they picked another Autobot more exclusive to those series like Hot Shot for example.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

NightHawk wrote:I am somewhat surprised they used the Unicron Trilogy Scattershot rather then G1 one, though it does kinda match since the Decepticons have only two of a combiner team with the Combaticon's Brawl and (soon to be added) Onslaught and the Autobots having Silverbolt and Air Raid of the Arial Bots.
You missed Breakdown. He and Brawl where the two combiner team members from the Decepticons out of the core batch.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

NightHawk wrote:...though I rather wished they picked another Autobot more exclusive to those series like Hot Shot for example.
Take Jazz, primary color Yellow, secondary color Blue. I'm really not sure Hot Shot (who has had HOW many unique body designs?) is iconic to warrant his own entry - particularly since the DS version calls Hot Rod by that name already. (Meaning we might see him in DLC #2)

As for fliers, I'm not really sure that the Autobots SHOULD get more, since flyers are really the Decepticon's schtick. Still, if they were to get more, I would probably pick Powerglide.

As for my DLC #2 predictions, though, I would expect to see some models from the DS version of the game refined and brought over to the 'big' console version. Most the unique models left are Decepticons, though... Motormaster, Ramjet, Dirge, Dead End, Cyclonus, Drag Strip. The Autobots left are Cliffjumper (Bumblebee Redeco), Ultra Magnus, Grimlock, Swoop, Kup and Zeta Prime.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

DLC #1
The first DLC for War for Cybertron consists of a few multiplayer maps (bringing in some areas from the camaign that haven't been converted yet), the three store-exclusive chassis designs, and two new designs for characters to customize. The DLC also patches the game to the newest version automatically.

While some WFC fans will lament that their $100 eBay purchase for Demolishor's code wound up being a waste of money, the character inclusions for the game are more than welcome. Jazz doesn't fill a needed slot but is a welcome addition to the lineup. Demolishor and Shockwave help round out the Decepticon's somewhat-lacking ranks (in Soldier and Scientist, respectively). Onslaught provides a much-needed leader chassis for the Decepticons while Scattorshot (Unicron Trilogy) adds in a much-needed soldier slot for the Autobots.

The downside of the DLC is that every last bit of it is for multi-player, but doesn't actually help with the two detrimental issues that multi-player has: the cheating and the staggering difference in levels. New players basically still need not apply to the game, unless they want to grind for quite a few hours to become competitive. Scenarios will still be completely dominated by either the PC cheaters or the level 25 characters. This is massively dissapointing, since this kind of thing will kill the game's popularity in the long run.

Completely absent is anything for the single-player experience. There are no new missions and no 'practice mode' for playing the maps alone. While WFC has always been about pushing the multi-player experience, leaving behind the single-player campaign seems to be a major mistake. If you're a single-player fan, this DLC has absolutely nothing to offer you.

If I'm sounding more negative than not, there is another reason for it. At $9.95 for the PS3 (and an equivalent price for the X360 and PC versions) this is an expensive add-on. It's competing with some complete (albeit simple) games at that price-point and offers very little for the money. If you're a die-hard WFC multi-player fan or simply must have one of the DLC's characters as a fan-favorite, this may be worth it, but it's really hard to justify the DLC for anyone else.

DLC #1 Characters

Decepticons
Demolishor - soldier/eradicator (former exclusive)
Shockwave - scientist/retaliator (former exclusive)
Onslaught - leader/tactical rig

Autobots
Jazz - scout/dragster (former exclusive)
Scattorshot - soldier/defender
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

TFVanguard wrote:PC cheaters
One way and the best way to fix this: separate PC players from PS3 and XBOX to their own server. Let them cheat there. The board message did mention they will bring more balance between all classes. Don't know this is true or not but I found my scientist was more deadly yesterday. Maybe it's just my luck.
Completely absent is anything for the single-player experience.
True. At least they should be able to choose those extra characters in the mission (even the voice might mess up).
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Paul053 wrote:One way and the best way to fix this: separate PC players from PS3 and XBOX to their own server. Let them cheat there.
Ideally, it would make things easier, but there're probably not enough PC users to warrant the cost of its own server. Honestly I think releasing the game on PC at all was a mistake...
Sades

Post by Sades »

TFVanguard wrote:some WFC fans will lament that their $100 eBay purchase for Demolishor's code wound up being a waste of money
Has someone actually done that/was someone actually likely to do that?

I didn't realise that PC players were on the same server as everyone else. Huh.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Sades wrote:Has someone actually done that/was someone actually likely to do that?
When I first heard it I was skeptical (most people should realize that store exclusives tend to be released as add-ons later) so I checked on ebay out of curiosity. I did see a couple of Demolishor codes going for $115 (with active bids that high).
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

:lol: Paying over $100 for a character code? A$$! :lol:
I played MP after getting the DLC, and I've noticed that now the Scrapmaker gun doesn't seem to pack as much punch. I don't know what else they might have done to balance the weapons and abilities, but I did a little better with the damn Scientist, too.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

TFVanguard wrote:Take Jazz, primary color Yellow, secondary color Blue. I'm really not sure Hot Shot (who has had HOW many unique body designs?) is iconic to warrant his own entry - particularly since the DS version calls Hot Rod by that name already. (Meaning we might see him in DLC #2)

As for fliers, I'm not really sure that the Autobots SHOULD get more, since flyers are really the Decepticon's schtick. Still, if they were to get more, I would probably pick Powerglide.

As for my DLC #2 predictions, though, I would expect to see some models from the DS version of the game refined and brought over to the 'big' console version. Most the unique models left are Decepticons, though... Motormaster, Ramjet, Dirge, Dead End, Cyclonus, Drag Strip. The Autobots left are Cliffjumper (Bumblebee Redeco), Ultra Magnus, Grimlock, Swoop, Kup and Zeta Prime.
The DS version was actual made by a different company. At least in part. So there is a very good chance that you won't see those characters.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

burnitall wrote:I played MP after getting the DLC, and I've noticed that now the Scrapmaker gun doesn't seem to pack as much punch. I don't know what else they might have done to balance the weapons and abilities, but I did a little better with the damn Scientist, too.
I did another couple of rounds this weekend, and ran into the same issues as before. "Infinite whirlwind" and "cloaked scientists" seem to be the 'cheats du jour' at the moment. Most of everything else I can chalk to massive level differences, though. (There were many, many, many 25s running around).

I did manage to slog out getting 10 (Scout) and 5 everything else in the free time that I had (which wasn't much). Servers were really overloaded, though... I spent half the time futzing with the connection.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Is the cheating just on PC because I've been playing on Xbox and haven't seen any cheating just the odd really laggy match.

The only thing that I have seen is people playing dirty and just running around with a cloaked scouts with shot guns.

And don't forget it has been double XP weekend so thats probably why there are so many 25 running around. I just got to 25 with my soldier yesturday.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

TFVanguard wrote:All three versions of the game use the same servers (currently). It's the PC users that are doing the cheating, by and large - and openly talk about it on their voice-sets. :(
Where is the actualy info for this? I want to know, because I've been saying the samething to some friends of mine. Like does it say it on their site?
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

The Wild One wrote:Where is the actualy info for this? I want to know, because I've been saying the samething to some friends of mine. Like does it say it on their site?
I'm not going to encourage it. Suffice to say, the instructions for the known exploits and hacks are out there and are well documented. I imagine that there will be an update patch soonish that will address some of these.