POST YOUR NEWEST ACQUISITIONS!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Halfshell wrote:Good to see they've even reproduced Takara's quality control, what with Snarl having a flaked torso already and his left fist being backward.
Oh, and Grimlock doesn't seem able to actually hold his weapons. Not gonna bother with the others. Might just display em all in dino mode and switch the WSTF versions to robot mode.
Cliffjumper wrote:Hound's the other one that amazes me, he must have had the same RRP as Inferno, who's about twice the size.
Maybe they justified it as Hound being the price point, and all the others are just extra extra value?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Picked up Backfire and Ravage from Hunt for the Decepticons. Toyed with them a bit last night, don't quite know if I like them yet- Ravage's "jet mode" or missile mode or whatever the hell he's supposed to be seems weak sauce. Not a heck of a lot of articulation but it be tiny, yo... it'll display nice, IMO.

Bludgeon had a bit of stressed plastic when I got him out of the box. I was slightly peeved, as it's close to breaking now. But at least it's a non-essential part. He is pure awesomeness otherwise, so far.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Yesterday was the last day of the TRU Hasbro blow out sale... thing... at least for the online store, So I decided to take advantage of it and ordered

PCC Aerialbots 5-pack, and since the whole deal is buy one get one half off I also grabbed a TFA Cybertron mode Rachet for only $2.99!!!

And with any luck my order from hasbrotoyshop.com will be in tommarrow, which should have my Generations Thrust and PCC Huffer.

Of course, now I don't have enough money for the things I need...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
TMM

Post by TMM »

Just purchased on ebay - HFTD Deluxe ironhide and ROTF Gathering at the nemesis

this adds to my ROTF collection, and also with the megatron figure completes my 2007 movie characters collection (was just awaiting megatron for that one)

i actually have the orange the fallen figure, so will be cool to get the normal colours too to put next to it, also it has a different colour scheme soundwave, so that won't look out of place either! :D

need to photo my collection me thinks
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Sades

Post by Sades »

So, Backfire is nice. But Backfire would be nicer if the pegs lined up and fit in with their opposite complimentary bits so that when I transformed it into vehicle mode the pieces fit together.

Annoying. It's easily fixed, but IMO I shouldn't have to.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Bought my first Transformers in several months the other day. The Power Core Combiners Combaticons set. It kind of sucks that they aren't individual robots, but the auto-transformations are so slick that I think that makes up for it.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

My Walmart site-to-store order for generation Thrust is at the store now. Oh, I can't wait to leave now.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

For those of you (well, mainly Cliffy I'll bet) who've tried several of the funky boxed bootlegs: Are Halfshell's problem's likely to be a one off freakish thing just with his set or are they all likely to be like that?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Newest acquisitions for me are fairly lengthy since I finally got a job, I did a wee bit of a splurge (I was happy, alright?):
  • The Warbot a.k.a. Springer
  • The Rumble and Frenzy gun customs that are non-Hasbro
  • Shadow Warrior
  • 2007 Movie Ironhide to replace the one that broke.
  • Movie Hoist
  • Movie Mixmaster (nice vehicle mode, crappy robot mode)
  • War for Cybertron for the PC
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
TMM

Post by TMM »

So my gathering at the nemesis pack came today, it's very cool!

So now I have the normal colour variant of the fallen, I previously had the fiery orange one. Also soundwave has a g1 colour scheme so I now have the normal ROTF soundwave and a cool g1 colour scheme variant!

Now the main reason I bought this pack was for old megatron, now this is ROTF set but has the 2007 movie figure, but with a better colour scheme. This figure gets some bad press in my opinion, it has a cool look and transformation to it, the only issue with it, is the god awful ice parts!

Also does anyone know why both megatron and the fallen have those stupid springy feet, they're a ball ache to get stood up properly!
Sades

Post by Sades »

So I was cleaning the closet in prep for my move and I found a ton of unopened toys I completely forgot I owned. :o I'm pretty sure some were gifts from last Christmas, and a couple were impulse buys. It was like Christmas all over again. I found:

Universe Hound and Ravage
Interrogator Barricade
ROTF Smokescreen
ROTF Sideswipe
ROTF Scalpel
Cybertron Scrapmetal

There's a couple others that I haven't had time to look at yet sitting in a storage bin somewhere in my living room. I know that Animated Snarl is somewhere and the boyfriend recently picked up an Animated Arcee for me, as well.

I'm really looking forward to opening these once I get settled.

edit: Holy cows. Universe Ironhide, Universe Smokescreen, ROTF Chromia... how the hell did I forget these existed? It's like I just won the toy lottery.
TMM

Post by TMM »

Sades wrote:edit: Holy cows. Universe Ironhide, Universe Smokescreen, ROTF Chromia... how the hell did I forget these existed? It's like I just won the toy lottery.
I wish i had bought a ticket to that :(
Sades

Post by Sades »

Well, I paid for most of them so I guess it's not really like winning the lottery. it IS really really cool, however.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

The PCC Aerialbots and Animated Cybertron Rachet came in yesterday.

Rachets cool, uses a darker red than the first one and is roughly 20% larger as well. In Alt. mode anyways.

Aerialbots are cool I guess. I honestly think Huffer(using Caliburst in armor mode) looks better with them than Skyburst. Either way combined form stands no taller than the average Voyager class.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Picked up PCC Aerialbots and Combaticons today. Have to say, I am glad the price point was $19.99. I like the Combaticons more than the Aerialbots. I guess they are saving Superion/Bruticus for some store brand recolor exclusive.

Kind of strange paying $20 for what is essentially a voyager class that breaks down into a scout class toy with 4 legends class sized drones. Generic names like "Attack helicopter". Hahaha.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

G1 Doublecross. Admittedly an impulse buy.

EDIT - Must say, overall, the dragon mode is a surprise - sure, its articulation and posing were excelled by much of BW, but I expected less.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Doublecross is bitchin'. I almost bought him awhile back but went with Grotusque instead.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Well I got this today, from a good friend at work who went to SDCC last weekend. I haven't broken it out of the box yet, so I can't really comment on the figure at all, but the whole packaging is fairly nice. I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it to be honest...

Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Does Blaster's visor move up and down to reveal the eyes underneath? I ask because in the old Marvel comics he was first depicted with the visor down (in the Smelting pool saga), and he looked so cool.

I despised it later on when he was stylised as a fat, normal eyed robot. Not a patch on his cool, dynamic, take-no-prisoners roister-doistering-initial-Budianskied self.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Picked up HFTD Brimstone today.

I'm pretty impressed with the little guy. He looks evil and skeletal, plus he's got a pretty unusual transformation scheme for a motorcycle, at least from the bikes I've seen.