[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Grabbed Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Limited Edition on PS3 and Goldeneye 007 Collector's Edition on Wednesday.

Now I don't have any reason to find an old N64 for my 007 or Perfect Dark fix.
Destruction is my specialty
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

Picked up Black Ops. I like the campaign, though it's (so far) pretty much like an action movie. I like playing Zombies but would like to have some more maps to play on. Also, it does seem kinda hard. Online is cool but I play that(Domination) once in awhile.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

moonbaseone wrote:Picked up Black Ops. I like the campaign, though it's (so far) pretty much like an action movie. I like playing Zombies but would like to have some more maps to play on. Also, it does seem kinda hard. Online is cool but I play that(Domination) once in awhile.
Campaign is the best IMO out of all the COD games.

You need people to play with others for Zombies. Damn fun!
HeavyArms wrote:Grabbed Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Limited Edition
I just picked up Need For Speed Hot Pursuit as well, but for the 360. Just wondering what you think so far? It's made by Criterion Games, who made Burnout Paradise. Both are excellent racing games. Highly recommend if you like racing games.

Also picked up the Noble Map Pack for Halo Reach. Good maps for they're well balanced.

There's actually some Wii games worth purchasing. Think I'm going to pick up Epic Mickey and Donkey Kong Country Returns before X-mas.

Sooo many good games to play. So little time!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm in the process of downloading Viva Pinata for PC right now. Hadn't ever heard of it, but it got good reviews and it was only 99 cents at Games for Windows. They're doing daily 99 cent deals.

Off topic aside: Didn't the cent sign used to be on a standard keyboard? When was it removed, where did it used to be, and what replaced it?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Notabot wrote:Off topic aside: Didn't the cent sign used to be on a standard keyboard? When was it removed, where did it used to be, and what replaced it?
"alt+1062", or "alt+4" if you're on a Mac. Not sure on the other two three counts.

Have heard of Viva Pinata, but yeah, I've never picked it up.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Viva Pinata's a great game. I've always wanted that. I bought the DS version for my Niece earlier this year. For anyone interested the DS version is a very capable rendition of the original X-Box game.

And of course there's now about three different Viva Pinata games for the X-Box/PC.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Just got Cabela's Outdoor Adventures as an early x-mas present. It's a decent enough hunting game, though I've only played about 15 minutes of it. I just hope the rest of the game doesn't mimic the first few minutes, because after shooting some pheasants my guide shows me a buck, tells me to head up to the large rock on a hill, and he'll drive the deer to me. "Driving" in this game apparently means make the buck run like hell and hope you can shoot it through a scope on the run. Driving deer in the real woods isn't quite like that. Oh well, we'll see how this one goes...
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. collection, which includes Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Bros. 3. The game is bundled with a 32-page book of Mario's history, and a 26-minute soundtrack of music through the whole series.

I finally have a chance to play these wonderful games.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Basically since I had my surgery in Sept. all the fun money in my budget has gone to games. Here's what I've been tinkering with.

Halo: ODST - I know this is an old release, but I finally got around to picking up because the gamestop here ran a special on it with Halo: Reach being released. I know this game got knocked a bit, but I have really enjoyed playing through it. Plus, Nathan Fillion is in it...how can you complain about that?

Halo: Reach - My favorite of the Halo games, far and away. I love the characters and the storyline. Probably would be my pick for game of the year if I had a vote.

Fable III - This game is complete goofiness. The graphics are good, the backgrounds are beautiful and the story is fun. That said, it is not a difficult game at all. On the normal setting my first time through, I played it without meeting my death once. However, on the amped up difficulty it becomes much more of a challenge and the replay value is quite high.

Fallout - New Vegas - I can't count how many hours of my life went to Fallout 3 and its add ons, and while Vegas is a nice game, it just isn't Fallout 3. The scenes are amazing as one could expect, the story is full of options and side quests and the game is excellent, but there are far too many times where it freezes during gameplay. I'm hoping a patch will come out to fix this problem soon. Looking forward to the add ons as well...no matter what faction you side with, there are some interesting story lines that could develop from it.

Star Wars - Force Unleased II - This one was a HUGE disappointment. The game is painfully easy and rather repetitive. There is virtually no resolution either...it just sort of ends with a sense of "that's it?" Played it once through and haven't touched it since.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I got an original Gameboy with Tetris t'other day from the market in York.

It's fun.:up:
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got myself Age Of Empires 3: The Asian Dynasties (PC), which I thought I already owned, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection (PS3) and, unofficially since it's a christmas present for someone else, Fable 2 Game Of The Year Edition.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Got God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta (PSP) on Wednesday and just got Dead Space and Crysis Maximum Edition (both PC) fore Christmas.

Now what I don't understand why the Crysis box comes with four DVDs.
Does any one know what the difference between regular Crysis and the maximum edition as both discs are in the box are?
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I'm on game overload. Got a few for Christmas:

Batman: Arkham Asylum and LEGO Rock Band for the 360. Also got Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 with the Top Shot gun for the Wii.

Batman is a great game, though I haven't played much more than an hour on it. The atmosphere is great, gameplay is paced well and it's overall a well made game.

Haven't played LEGO Rock Band yet since I don't have a guitar to play it with. Probably pick up one tomorrow.

Big Game Hunter 2010 is a fun game, though the graphics are TERRIBLE. Seriously, it looks like this game was developed as a Windows 98 game. It's still fun though...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

For Christmas, I got Batman: Arkham Asylum(PS3), Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death and Lupin the Third: Treasure of the Sorcerer King(PS2). I also got a DSi XL(which won't play MP3 files. Although the things you can play around with in the music format are fun.)

Arkham Asylum is great so far, and after about 7 hours of play..... I'm stuck. Blasted henchmen, their whiny hostages, and quick response times.....

Haven't fired up the PS2 yet. I used to have Judge Dredd for the PC, so hopefully the PS version is as good. I've played the Lupin game before, and got stuck by what I think is an in-game glitch in the same spot as the friend I borrowed the game from initially, so hopefully a new copy(thank goodness for friends who order straight from Amazon) won't have the glitch.

And today, I got a copy of Goldeneye 007 for the DSi. I figured I'd try a new game on it, give the improved components a workout. My only complaint so far, aside from trying to get used to the control setup(aim with the d-pad, move with the buttons) is that for moving at a run..... you're not moving very fast.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

I downloaded X-Men on X-Box live arcade.

Magneto: "Welcome to die! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Ahhh classic!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I bought Borderlands GOTY edition last week, and I got Super Mario 25th Anniversary collection for Christmas. Went out and bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (for only $35 at Best Buy) and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (also on sale) today.

I just sat down and entered all these PIN numbers from various Nintendo games and went from 0 to 540 coins. Just 60 more and I'll achieve Platinum status and be eligible for the uber-awesome stuff Nintendo tends to send out for that. Since this will probably be the only time I get that many points in a year, it had better be good.

I've still been playing a lot of videogames, but I've been spending more game money on Magic: The Gathering. I had the Xbox Live Arcade game already, but I bought it on Playstation a few weeks ago because that version came with a code to get a different, foil alternate art card than the Xbox one.

Rambley jam.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I got the new Donkey Kong Country for Christmas. It feels a lot like the old ones. Which is, of course, a good thing.

And my flatmate just got an eggs box £3.60 so I think War for Cybertron is definately on the cards...
I like bears.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I got CoD Black Ops and Halo Reach for christmas. Black Ops MP pisses me off. Quick little bastards on there. :rant: Haven't got to Halo yet. It came in a big box with a book and a statue of Noble team. Today I got Dragon Age Origins and Assassins Creed II.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Time Crisis: Razing Storm which comes with Time Crisis 4 and some pirates game on disc.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up the last copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii from my local JB Hi-fi.