So what's your weather like?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Waiting for the inevitable onslaught of ice and snow here. Cycling home tonight I felt the cold snap doing a carbonite number on me.

Its on the way. Probably easier to take the road to Gondor; never snows round there, apparently.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Sades wrote:Boobs.
He left, didn't he? Kinda?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

And also had a sex change apparently.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

It's in the mid-50's and low 60's and sunny out here in Colorado. Beautiful!!!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

inflatable dalek wrote:And also had a sex change apparently.
I was never convinced it was really a girl to start with. Anyone that aggressive about asserting their girl-ness is either over-compensating or hiding something.
inflatable dalek

Notabot wrote:I was never convinced it was really a girl to start with. Anyone that aggressive about asserting their girl-ness is either over-compensating or hiding something.
Perhaps it was lady Gaga?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

The thought crossed my mind.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Notabot wrote:I was never convinced it was really a girl to start with. Anyone that aggressive about asserting their girl-ness is either over-compensating or hiding something.
I hear you and I agree: must be some weird mental stuff at work ... at least at some level.

There's a slightly humorous story about a forumite called "Georgia Peach" who waded in at the Hannity Forums some years back and started, notoriously, a thread about virginity that ran for hundreds of posts (in the "Washington Politics" subforum no less ... never quite figured that one out). What gave him away was that someone eventually recognized the picture that had been claimed to be of "herself" astride a motorcycle. The Moderators were NOT in a good mood (as Moderators everywhere seldom are when dealing with trolls) and Mr. Peach went bye-bye.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Sades wrote:Boobs.
God, I love boobs...
inflatable dalek

It's not just snowing out there. It's blizzarding.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

About to brave the icy cold armed only with an iPod and a colossal amount of sexiness, as I journey into town; Ice planet of Hoth style, braving the christmas present buying insanity rush.

I may have to slit open the guts of another consumer in order to keep warm.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Car and everything else visible out of the window is covered and it's still snowing. Intending to hibernate.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It was like that here a couple of days ago. I'm glad I have Chai.

Edit: just saw pictures of London's snow online. It looks like here! Except London's roads look clearer.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

The North West of England, Wigan specifically for all you geographiles, has succumbed to snow, started about two foot deep on Friday.

I was on a work's night out Friday and realised with an enormous sinking feeling that the only way I was making it home was a three hour trek and managed to cover the ten miles in about three hours, stopping off to help some loony push a 4X4 up a hill.

Got to bed at midnight , then was up at four am to set off on the same journey back to work, worked until four pm and then hiked back, my calves are complaining, my hips have retired and my left knee looks twice the size of the right one.

So was the the thirty mile round trip worth it?! Probably not, of course it didn't help that I loaded up my rucksack with inconsequential shit to take with me in case I got stranded at work (Like last year).

No more snow today, but frozen remnants are more of a pain for me, still off to the gym in a bit, yesterday was my rest day....
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Leicester: no snow, except the icy remnant of a short storm from Saturday which clings stubbornly to grassy areas. The freezing fog has just about lifted to show a pale, washed-out blue sky strung with somewhat dubiously grey-looking high clouds. Le soleil brille, but it cannot be more than -4C out there (an improvement on -7C at 8:30am).

Outlook for the week: freezing fog tomorrow, followed by clear and cold, no snow.

Update, Wednesday stupid o'clock (can't sleep...): light sugaring of snow with latest weather forecast of more to come.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »