Portal 2: PS3 or PC?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

Portal 2: PS3 or PC?

Post by Notabot »

I see that Steam is offering Portal 2 for PC for $10 today, but I'm planning on getting a PS3 this weekend. Does one or the other play better? I liked the mouse controls on Portal 1, but never played it on anything but PC. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I don't know if it was just in the first run or not, but I thought that if you bought the PS3 version, you also got a download code for Steam.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I saw that too in some forums, but since I'd probably buy it used for the PS3, I doubted it would help me. I went ahead and shelled out the $10 for the PC after remembering that I stink at reticule aiming on PlayStation controllers. If it turns out it's awful, it's only 10 bucks.

I also picked up Orcs Must Die and two DLCs on the similar premise of "If it turns out it's awful, it's only 5 bucks total." They should just name their sale that.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I always find playing games in a game console like a playstation is always better, because with a PC it tends to lag, what with all the background applications running. Plus, eats up memory space and all that... if you have a PS, go for the PS version.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Despite what anyone might say, it always comes down to personal preference, assuming you have a decent pc that's capable of running the games you want to play. I've always preferred console gaming for action games (barring flight combat stuff like wing commander). And with modern warfare finally realising that console FPS games need something other than a direct port of mouse controls, I even find FPS more enjoyable on consoles now (I'll accept mouse controls are more accurate, but I'm not a highly competitive fps gamer. actually I wrote quite a lot about this that I meant to upload to my website, but I digress)